OXO (Williams 1973)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

And reply to a million support questions about non working db2s :whistle:

No – please, keep it simple !

Blacksad
      Participant
        @blacksad

Looks beautiful, I’ll test it soon , many thanks ! :good:

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Hey Arngrim, this is something that I’ve wondered about for a while, how does B2S know exactly which backglass file to open?  With EMs we put a dummy ROM in that in this case is named “OXO” while the backglass is named “OXO (Williams 1973)”.  Does it use fuzzy logic to try to match these up?  What about Apollo (Bally 1967) and Apollo 13 how does B2S sort these similar names out?

I agree with Thalamus that for the general public simpler is better, you guys are sophisticated users and can sort out the code yourselves.  Having said this it would be possible with a Dim’ed variable to set up another control variable that the user sets to “True” or “False” at the top of the script to enable or disable the random backglass files.

I also have a new DOF configuration for OXO that I’ll send you.  It uses the same E Code numbers as Fren’s and includes the chime DOF code that Bord sent you but updates some colors, adds addressable LED animations for ball launches and a few other events.

Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

Yep .. fuzzy match .. best to rename one or the other to be an exact match. Lots of mis-matches if you are not changing the filenames. Like Star Trek old vs new etc.

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

There seems to be something more going on here than just changes in backglass names.   VP seems to be locked into only using the first “OXO (Willaims 1973) backglass and will not load any other BG like “OXO_Green” or “OXO_Yellow” even if the cGameName is changed to match “OXO_Green” or “OXO_Yellow”

When I renamed my old yellow BG file to something else so I could change the new green BG file to be “OXO (Williams 1973)”, my highscore got reset to the table’s defaults (SEM 1000).  There was no change in the “OXO” name used for loading or saving scores and other data to the binary file where VP stores all of these values.  There is some other value that is effecting this process… :wacko:

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

After several hours of trial and error I enlisted the help of mjr and gtxjoe to sort this out.  The bottom line is that you can’t specify a specific backglass in the script so there is no way to load a yellow or green backglass, only the one you call “OXO (Williams 1973)”.

The gory details are that by looking through the b2s server code which can be found here:

https://sourceforge…./b2s-backglass/ 

with the file that we are interested in here:

https://sourceforge….ormBackglass.vb

B2S looks at the name of the table and removes the “vpt or .vpx” and appends “.directb2s” and sees if that file exists.  The variable cGameName has nothing to do with this, only the table name as specified in windows and the name of the backglass file.

If there is no exact match then the b2s server looks into the Hyperpin and PinballX xml files and tries to find a long or a short match.  If that doesn’t work then it punts…

Sorry guys, great idea but no way to implement it. :-(

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

Well, you can rotate or randomize backglasses with an AutoHotkey-based launcher. Have it pull the backglass from a library, rename it, and launch. Now, is it worth the trouble to script it? A: I’m probably not going to do it.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Here is video with chimes installed. I have a bad cold so shocked I got it done

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

Here is video with chimes installed. I have a bad cold so shocked I got it done

Sounds great!

Scottacus
                      Participant
                        @scottacus
                        MembervipContributor

That sounds really sweet!  Are those Gottlieb Chimes?  What board are you using to drive the chime unit?  Did you download the new DOF config, it just went public yesterday?

BTW she had a couple of really nice balls with 5000 point bonuses, really good for playing the table for the first time.  :good:

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

its a old Williams chime unit ill up a picture. I’m just driving it with ledwiz and 3 relays

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

B610A3C4-7130-4E95-8559-E4DAAF94EB64

Cab is kinda messy but you can see chimes in center behind sub. May move it to front side in I can make room

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

chimes shmimes …. look at that post-it sticking to the glass effect!!

lol  nah those real chimes are badass….

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

See if I can attach Video here

for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                                Participant
                                  @scottacus
                                  MembervipContributor

Wow, Hauntfreaks!  I’ve spent a lot of hours working on this table and I never noticed the note’s shadow illusion before.  That looks freakin awesome in the video!

Randr your chime unit looks great!   I plan on building a unit with some solenoids that I have on order and various types of bar stock.

If chimes work like most musical instruments that rely on vibration , their location and what they are mounted to will make a big difference on how they sound.  For example if you take a music box or cuckoo clock and hold it in your hands while it plays, the sound will be tinny and weak.  But if you put the music box on a table or mount the cuckoo clock on a wall the sound will be rich, full and much louder.  The table or wall acts as a resonator and the sides of a pinball cab should behave the same way.

BTW the chimes vibrate in such a way that the bar vibrates as a whole, half, third, quarter etc, just like a really stiff guitar string.  The location of the mounting holes that suspend the bar are designed to be at nodes where the bar doesn’t vibrate well.  This should be about 22% of the length in from the ends.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Yeah my chime unit is old williams model. This is the unit(same as bally)

Now i need a 4th and 5th chime….only can think of evel knievel had a 4th chime i think

kt-bchime-01

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                    1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Looks good, but man those old chime units are pricey.  Hopefully can find a set 1 day, then space in the cab.

So 5 chimes what about a bell too?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I may have chime 1 and 3 flipped! Anyone know  if chime 10 is smallest chime or largest chime?

for IOS and Android

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

I may have chime 1 and 3 flipped! Anyone know if chime 10 is smallest chime or largest chime?

10 should be highest pitched.

hellfire252
                                          Participant
                                            @clay252

how to turn the b2s on in the table script

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?