P-ROC Installer Tutorial

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    ninuzzu
    Participant
      @ninuzzu
      vipMember

P-ROC Installer Tutorial

In this guide you will see how to install P-ROC and CCC in Windows.

The tutorial is made in different languages.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      RYSr (Rich)
      Participant
        @rysr

I got a installation FAILED message for installing Yam1CPP when I ran the Install Prerequisites.bat file.

I’m running Windows 8.1Pro 64 bit,  and ran the Bat file as Administrator. I have a live internet connection on the PC I was test installing it on.

Also I accidentally opened and ran the Install CCC bat first I wanted to select edit so I could read what the bat file does. Could that be causing my problem, If so can I uninstall it?

Rich

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Installed fine on windows 10. no errors AMAZING! great work Ninuzzu very cool!

Screen-Shot-2016-06-21-at-8.02.23-PM-2

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

ninuzzu
          Participant
            @ninuzzu
            vipMember

go to C:\P-ROC\scripts and edit the yaml-install.bat:

change exit to pause and then run the yaml-install.bat to see the errors. Post the error here

The Install CCC simply donwloads the code,dmd and sound and then generates and populates the folder  C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon

PinBill
            Participant
              @pinbill

Hey guys, I followed the guide to a T and I’m getting the following error:

I’m on Win7

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

IIRC you get that no matter what? I remember getting that on Win7 a lot and it worked anyways

Punch it!

ninuzzu
                Participant
                  @ninuzzu
                  vipMember

You should play the table without problem. Anyway, to get rid of it, go to C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin

there are some dlls:

msvcm90.dll

msvcp90.dll

msvcr90.dll

try to delete them.

Edit: this error should not appear anymore, I thought I fixed it by deleting the msvcr90.dll

RYSr (Rich)
                  Participant
                    @rysr

go to C:\P-ROC\scripts and edit the yaml-install.bat: change exit to pause and then run the yaml-install.bat to see the errors. Post the error here The Install CCC simply donwloads the code,dmd and sound and then generates and populates the folder C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon

I ran the Yam1CPP.bat from the scripts folder with the exit edited to a pause. The batch file ran without error. I can run all the batch files in the scripts folder without error! But the Installer bat errors out.

Update:

I just figured it out I was running the installer from my downloads directory on my F: drive.

I copied the folder to the root of C: drive and it ran perfectly without any errors. :yahoo:   :yahoo:

When I read the install tutorial it said to copy the installer directory to your desktop, (which is your C: drive). It won’t work from any other drive evidently!! :scratch:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    PinBill
                    Participant
                      @pinbill

I’m still getting the same error after deleting the .dll files in there. I had 2 of the 3 you mentioned. Deleted them both, and the error still exits. I can click okay and the table will start. I can hear it, and play the game, but there is no DMD of any kind. Just the backglass and the table are there.

RYSr (Rich)
                      Participant
                        @rysr

After I moved the install files to C Drive and all 3 steps completed successfully, I tried running the table in VPX 10.0 and 10.1 and I get the error

ActiveX Component can’t Create object “VProc.controller”  when I start the Table     :scratch:

Rich

ninuzzu
                        Participant
                          @ninuzzu
                          vipMember

Rich, this activex error should be related to db2s.

Try to disable db2s and see if it runs without errors

RYSr (Rich)
                          Participant
                            @rysr

Rich, this activex error should be related to db2s. Try to disable db2s and see if it runs without errors

Ninuzzu,

Thanks for the help!

How do I disable the Db2s, in the table script? or do I have to change a registry setting,if so Where?

I tried to rem out line 72 and or 222 but didn’t help I don’t see the typical set controller statement to pick a controller?

In your install instructions it says to copy the 3 scripts files to any directory on C Drive. I have my visual Pinball installed to my D: Drive. Can that be an issue? I normally have my scripts in the table folder, but I tried coping your 3 .vbs files to table folder and the scripts folder neither helps.

Also I noticed the core.vbs supplied with the table is older (12-9-2015) that the vpx10.1 scripts release.

I’ve tried with version VPX 10.0 and 10.1 should it work with either of them?

Lastly if I run the v1.1 table with proc = 0 and use you nexr CCC.db2s backglass it works fine. Only having the problem with Proc=1.

Rich

Update:

I figured it out, I made a Directory called Proc tables in the root of C Drive and copied over the VPX10.1 scripts, my screenres txt for the db2s and the Table and cccontinues DB2s file and it worked!

Evidently the table needs to start from C Drive,.

Ninuzzu, Would adding a search variable for the Python26 directory to the windows system fix this so I could start it from my normal tables folder on D Drive?

Also I had to change the display settings to Pix size 4, X offset 1630, Y offset 590 to get the display to show at all on my blackglass screen. Evidently the settings are dependent on your screen resolution settings. On my desktop PC I’m testing this on my Primary screen is 1366X768 and the Backglass screen is set to 1024X768.

RYSr (Rich)
                            Participant
                              @rysr

I’m still getting the same error after deleting the .dll files in there. I had 2 of the 3 you mentioned. Deleted them both, and the error still exits. I can click okay and the table will start. I can hear it, and play the game, but there is no DMD of any kind. Just the backglass and the table are there.

PinBill,

If you can press the ALT and TAB keys simultaniously and see the display in the open screen selections, It might be placed offscreen using the suggested settings in the install turital.

I had to change the display settings to Pix size 4, X offset 1630, Y offset 590 to get the display to show at all on my blackglass screen. Evidently the settings are dependent on your screen resolution settings. On my desktop PC I’m testing this on my Primary screen is 1366X768 and the Backglass screen is set to 1024X768.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Hey guys, I followed the guide to a T and I’m getting the following error: I’m on Win7

I am getting this error randomly on win7(win10 is fine) did remove .dll’s but error still occurs.  clicking ok clears error and game does load but seems it should be able to be fixed somehow but so far i cant seem to fix it. Does not happen every time

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Phil Docker
                                Participant
                                  @dock

I have two PCs – one for my old cabinet that my pal has bought off me – and one for my new cab.

In my new cab it works absolutely amazing.  I get the runtime error in the other cab!  Which is pretty weird as they are both clones of each other (same MB/Processor but dif graphics card).  I literally cloned the hard drive….

Anyhow – TOP WORK.

CAN YOU PLEASE DO A JUDGE DREDD INSTALLER :good:   :yahoo:

CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest

I have two PCs – one for my old cabinet that my pal has bought off me – and one for my new cab. In my new cab it works absolutely amazing. I get the runtime error in the other cab! Which is pretty weird as they are both clones of each other (same MB/Processor but dif graphics card). I literally cloned the hard drive…. Anyhow – TOP WORK. CAN YOU PLEASE DO A JUDGE DREDD INSTALLER :good: :yahoo:

Hmm, Judge Dredd. That one is not really worth a big effort. The project was done more as a demo.

Once you have P-ROC installed you don’t really need to install it again for other projects. Just copy the project code down and update vp_game_map.yaml. Clearly there is not many projects ready to work on a virtual pinball. Now with a larger installed user base maybe more development will happen to support it.

PinBill
                                    Participant
                                      @pinbill

Okay, so I’m making some progress. With the error I can click okay and still start the game. My issue is that I still have no DMD display. I have a 2 screen cabinet and I entered the values according to the tutorial guide, but it’s not showing up on either TV. I changed the user_settings.yaml file and tried the desktop one screen settings, and BOOM, I have a full color display in VP for the first time. Awesome.

So the question is, how do I find the proper values to enter to get the DMD to display on the backglass TV? Is there something in windows that will show me a value of where the mouse pointer is for the X, and Y coordinates? I guess you can’t just make it display and then drag it around the screen. It appears you have to tell it exactly where to put the DMD, and apparently the values in the guide don’t match.

Thanks!

RYSr (Rich)
                                      Participant
                                        @rysr

Pinbill,

Did you see my reply to you above?

I had to change the display settings to Pix size 4, X offset 1630, Y offset 590 to get the display to show on my blackglass screen pn the right position. Evidently the settings are dependent on your screen resolution settings. On my desktop PC I’m testing this on my Primary screen is 1366X768 and the Backglass screen is set to 1024X768.

When I used the settings in the install guide the display was so far off I couldn’t see it at all either.

Try my settings, if it shows up somewhere on your display you can then change the X and Y settings by + or – 50 or 100  and see which way it goes. then keep changing until you get it where you want.

As far as Windows showing you where, not really. But if you right click on a clear spot of your desktop then select screen resolution you will see a window with a picture of your 2 displays. Your back-glass should be to the right of your play field display. If you Left click on the back-glass and drag it to the right and then down so the top left edge is pointing to where the display’s bottom left edge should be. You will see x,y coordinates displaying as you move it, use the ones when you have it pointing where it should be.

Rich

Rich

ninuzzu
                                        Participant
                                          @ninuzzu
                                          vipMember

The values depend on the monitor resolution.  The DMD dislpay should be

128 x Pixel Size                     32 x Pixel Size

for example you set Pixel Size to 5, then the DMD will be 640×160 pixels. Now depending on your screen resolution, you adjust the offset.

PinBill
                                          Participant
                                            @pinbill

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I adjusted the values and now have it centered finally. Its so amazing to have this game. A guy in my pinball league has a real CCC, and ive played it a few times. Ive always loved this theme , and the new rules make this game so much fun. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in creating this table.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?