P-ROC Installer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    ninuzzu
    Participant
      @ninuzzu
      vipMember

P-ROC Installer

Installer for P-ROC Environment Software. Tested with Windows 7.

The P-ROC (Pinball – Remote Operations Controller) is a circuit board that enables a computer to control a pinball machine over USB. More info at

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p-roc

3 users thanked author for this post.
      aubie11
      Participant
        @aubie11

So following the tutorial, I get stuck on part 2.  I keep getting this error.

Attachments:
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

you ran step one from “c” drive or desktop folder?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          aubie11
          Participant
            @aubie11

I ran from c:\pinball\PROC

Natedogg
            Participant
              @natedogg

The comment about running it from C: was helpful, when I tried to run step 1 from a jump drive it didn’t work.  When I extracted them to the C: drive all three steps worked.  Thanks. :yahoo:

Nate

Natedogg
              Participant
                @natedogg

Now I am on the Install CCC step.  When I run that it says “unable to download”.  In the instructions it says it will download 300MB of data, is that from within the zip files or do I need to have an internet connection?  I am running from the C: drive as well.  I have VP 10.1 in a cab, not connected to the internet.  Thanks!

Nate

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

For the 300mb you need to be connected. or download files manually from another computer

for IOS and Android

Johngreve
                  Participant
                    @johngreve

Hello all,
                    I’ve successfully performed the three install steps and get the message that P-ROC is working.
                    Then when I perform the Install CCC step my computer seems to hang up forever in the Downloading Sounds step….at least that is my interpretation of what I see happening.
                    In the black box are the three download steps
                    Downloading Data
                    Downloading DMD
                    Downloading sounds
                    It appears to hang here with the cursor blinking below The words Downloading sounds. I “think” it is still trying to download sound files??

Is the bulk of the 300 Meg’s sound files?
                    I know that I don’t have the fasted internet connection in the world but I’ve given it up to an hour to show something else after the above mentioned and nothing changes.
                    Will I get a “installation complete” message of some sort after the successful completion of downloading the files?

Thanks for the help and advice in advance.

Edit: Patience is a virtue…….waited a bit longer and I did indeed get the message that the download was
                    complete. Fired up the table and from what I see so far this looks fantastic. I need to adjust the DMD a bit,never had to do that before as I have a real DMD on my cabinet and am not used to seeing a DMD displayed on my backglass. Hopefully if I follow the instructions in the tutorial I should be able to get it where it belongs.
                    Terrific work to the team! Thanks for this masterpiece!!

Chapel
                    Participant
                      @chapel78

Can ask this question in a different thread if needed as I know this installer was not made specifically for the Evil Dead table. I have P-ROC installed and everything is running fine since the release. Thanks for putting this installer together and the Cactus Canyon Continued table. I began looking at the Evil Dead table and was wondering since P-ROC is installed and working, would I skip to the game setup part of the Evil Dead wiki to get it up and going. I believe it is the git clone game repository part. Or would I still need to do some of the earlier steps. Thanks guys for any help.

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

I thought the project was no longer public. Password protected the code and did not give out the login details.

Chapel
                        Participant
                          @chapel78

Ah. Thanks for the info Carny. Did not know that so definitely just saved me some time and frustration. Otherwise I would have been :wacko:  trying to figure it out.

CarnyPriest
                          Participant
                            @carnypriest

It’s too bad. It’s really good project. I need to see if I can reach him.

Jodannar
                            Participant
                              @jodannar

I was looking at setting up the Evil Dead table now that P-R-O-C was so easily configured with the installer for CC. I hadn’t attempted it before this. I think your assumption is correct Chapel. you would start at the gtihub repository clone steps if it is still accessible

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update :good:

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Dr.Tom
                                Participant
                                  @crile1
                                  MemberContributor

Once the proc for vp is working, can you download and play other table mods?  Would really love to play Earthshaker: Aftershock by Scott Danesi.  Where would you find the files?

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

Once the latest P-roc is installed and running, it makes installing other games much easier.  For example Evil dead is just drop the Ecil dead game folder into the games folder of P-roc. Of course there is games specific adjustments but the p-roc dmd will start working

@carnypriest
                                    might know about aftershock??

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

To me it seems like it very hard to get the hands on the required table assets. Would just love to get my hands on any of those p-roc’.

CarnyPriest
                                      Participant
                                        @carnypriest

Once the latest P-roc is installed and running, it makes installing other games much easier. For example Evil dead is just drop the Ecil dead game folder into the games folder of P-roc. Of course there is games specific adjustments but the p-roc dmd will start working @carnypriest might know about aftershock??

No idea. Have you tried contacting the author? Aside from that, the VP table would have to be scripted.

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

Oh I thought this already was an existing visual pinball/p-roc project, my mistake.  I never heard of Aftershock before today

cyberpez
                                          Participant
                                            @cyberpez

Finally getting this set back up on my cab after a reload and running into a bit of an issue.  The first 3 steps all complete fine, but when I run the install ccc.bat it fails on downloading the code.  I tried on two different computers (both win10) and I get the same..  I’ve tried re-running the installer but the second time is skips sounds and dmds and errors on the code download again pretty quick.  Any ideas?

p-roc-error

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 68 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?