Paragon (1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/paragon-bally-1978/

Here is Bally’s 1978 classic Paragon for VPX. This table is a monster. Very wide, very heavy, very difficult and very fun. I hope this version does it some justice. I spent 2 hours playing it on location last weekend and think the VPX version mimics it nicely.

32assassin rewrote the script for me some months back. This was my first SS project at the time and I had a real Frankenstein mess going on. Thanks, 32a!

This wraps up my trilogy of Bally tables from this era (including Viking and Frontier). Next up is a trio of classic Sterns.

Total of 51 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

WOW this looks great. THANKYOU!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Badfinger
        Participant
          @badfinger

A favorite wide body!   :good:

Accurate sound all over, I played the real thing back in the day.

Thanks!

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

Eager to play this one, but the sound is garbled to NON-existant. Just upgraded to latest 10.2 bete and problem remains. Table plays, but there really is no sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

bord
              @bord

Eager to play this one, but the sound is garbled to NON-existant. Just upgraded to latest 10.2 bete and problem remains. Table plays, but there really is no sound. Any ideas? Thanks

Yeah, I had that problem a few VPinMAME versions back. Make sure you have the newest one from DJRobX over at VPU. That fixed it for me.

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

All I see is 2.7 but that does not appear to be new. Could be wrong. Would you please link me to the latest you are referring to?

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Here you go, wrd… a lot of changes are happening in this thread, so it’s a good one to keep an eye on.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

Here you go, wrd… a lot of changes are happening in this thread, so it’s a good one to keep an eye on. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

I updated to the latest a couple of days ago, but rolled back.  The new one gave me terrible distortion on the Scared Stiff crate :(   …I haven’t noticed any other issues yet, but just something that you might want to keep an eye out for.

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Got it. Thanks.

Table now has sound.

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

Here you go, wrd… a lot of changes are happening in this thread, so it’s a good one to keep an eye on. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

I updated to the latest a couple of days ago, but rolled back. The new one gave me terrible distortion on the Scared Stiff crate :( …I haven’t noticed any other issues yet, but just something that you might want to keep an eye out for.

I read some people were having that problem, but I didn’t notice it.  As fast as things are developing there, I’m sure it will be fixed in a short time.  DJRobX is doing incredible work over there.

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Wow!  Does that playfield ever look great!  I used to not like the VP9 version because the playfield and plastics looked all cluttered, but this looks fantastic.  I haven’t even started playing yet… just noticed how great it looks while setting it up.  Nice job.    :good:

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

I noticed there is a tear in the graphics on the top two plastics, where the images don’t line up.

Also… was just curious… I’m assuming this table didn’t have any rom sounds, as the VP9 version also didn’t… but a lot of the tables with the fantasy theme from that time period have the old “video game” noises… was just curious if this was a silent table?

bord
                              @bord

I noticed there is a tear in the graphics on the top two plastics, where the images don’t line up. Also… was just curious… I’m assuming this table didn’t have any rom sounds, as the VP9 version also didn’t… but a lot of the tables with the fantasy theme from that time period have the old “video game” noises… was just curious if this was a silent table?

Hey Drybonz, are you talking about this?

Untitled-3

That is the only gap I see and that is just the natural spacing between the two plastics. If you’re seeing something else shoot me a screenshot.

There should definitely be audio on this table. Did you check your dip switch settings by hitting F6? The sounds are digital sounding chimes, no different from other tables of that era. Hope that helps.

Attachments:
                              Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Hey bord… it’s those two plastics, but not that gap in between them… look at the lines in the spear and wings… they don’t line up.

I’ll check my switches to see if I can get the sound going… right now I just have table sounds… kicker, plunger, coin, etc…

*edit*  My sounds are set to “chimes and tunes” in the switches.  Maybe this is the issue wrd was having too?

Al
                                Participant
                                  @alandee

Thanks for all your work on this, another great table from, what for me at least, was my ‘golden age of pinball’ :)

Cheers,

al.

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

bord & 32assassin, thanks for the Beauty !

wrd, whatever, the Sound on “Funhouse” must be ok ;)

bord
                                      @bord

Hey bord… it’s those two plastics, but not that gap in between them… look at the lines in the spear and wings… they don’t line up. I’ll check my switches to see if I can get the sound going… right now I just have table sounds… kicker, plunger, coin, etc… *edit* My sounds are set to “chimes and tunes” in the switches. Maybe this is the issue wrd was having too?

I see it now. Not sure what is going on as the art file is fine. May have to rebuild the primitive. I’ll fix it in 1.1.

I had wrd’s problem with garbled sound. ROM sounds are quiet and garbled. Not sure why you’re getting no sound at all. Do you get sound with the 7 digit ROM (paragonb)? Any other Ballys from this era play without sound?

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Yeah, my other Bally tables all have the sounds… that’s why I was surprised that this one didn’t.  I’ll try the other rom and see if that makes a difference.  It must be rom related since the VP9 version was the same for me.

*edit*  Actually… maybe I just need to delete the reg entry and possibly get rid of anything from running the VP9 version.

*edit*  Hmm… tried deleting the reg entry and the paragonb rom… still no sounds.

Daryl
                                        Participant
                                          @allknowing2012

Yeah, my other Bally tables all have the sounds… that’s why I was surprised that this one didn’t. I’ll try the other rom and see if that makes a difference. It must be rom related since the VP9 version was the same for me. *edit* Actually… maybe I just need to delete the reg entry and possibly get rid of anything from running the VP9 version. *edit* Hmm… tried deleting the reg entry and the paragonb rom… still no sounds.

Got it…

As I just posted on VPF.

Went back to the basics and realized that with all the pinmame updates going on, I didnt have the “Samples” directory and the required .zip file from the (VPF) “Getting Started->Sound Samples”

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Yeah i recall people having same issue with bally playboy and they didnt have the samples :)

********************************************************
                                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?