Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
    @mophead

..”mother fucking rewarding beyond belief”. Now that’s what I call a proper review  :mail: Our very own Loaf and Ebert  :good:   :good:

#69069 Report
    bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Ok, I played about 40 games earlier today, here are my feelings and opinions on this release: …

I love this. You laid out everything that makes this machine great, and probably veered into elevating all the best pinball from this era. Your eloquence and passion are a boon to this community, no doubt.

Thank you for the detailed feedback on the upper right orbit shot. I’ll play around with element positions and see if I can’t get it to be a more viable part of the gameplay. In the tutorial he nails it three times in pretty quick succession. Granted, I don’t play that well but mechanically it should work the same in the VPX version. Stay tuned.

#69076 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

I appreciate the compliment but it’s very easy to be passionate when faced with such results.  I’m lucky enough to have Played pinball since the 70’s.  In the early 80’s, when computer games came out, I imagined and hoped as many others did that someday, maybe we’d be able to get to enjoy playing sim pinball based on real tables at home that could match the real thing.  Little by little we started seeing computer and console pins get better and better which has led to results such as this.

VP isn’t perfect but it has grown leaps and bounds since its inception back in 2001 and I’m of the opinion that although there is still room to grow, VP isn’t the major roadblock anymore to getting the excellent “feel” of pinball; rather now it’s the hardware that is the remaining major hurdle and of course the vp table authors interpretations of what makes a pin so great.  In this case, mission accomplished sir

question towards the dof guys:  how do I makes the spinner trigger the shaker motor?

#69079 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Additional comment after another dozen games:  the right orbit issue isn’t as prevalent today. there are still rejections which I don’t think is the norm but it’s almost half and half success/fail ratio. Bizarre why this seems to be better today than yesterday.

I think my max high score right now is 330K.  This recreation really triggers that “one more game” mentality.  I don’t have coin mech’s in my pincab (I have the coin slot but it’s an Atari widebody so hard to find the proper coin mechs for it).  If it had it, this pin would be great to use as a piggy bank! LOL

#69080 Report
    bord
    @bord

My personal HS on a real Paragon is 380,000. Haven’t done that yet on the VPX version but I like to think I’d be capable of it.

#69098 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

So I don’t like to brag but…   :-) On this game I achieved 5X twice, got one extra ball on the second ball (and just missed another on the 3rd ball) and maxed out the super bonus of 49K on the second ball. Bowdens is correct, it’s sweet to hear the tune play out for the bonus when it’s maxed out :).Paragon-HS

Attachments:
    #69103 Report
    bord
    @bord

8-O

the_beastmaster

Attachments:
    #69113 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@the loafer : That is a 3 or 5 ball game ? I feel the urge to go for your score B-)

#69116 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

3 ball sir.  However full disclosure, I am not using the default F6 set up so competitively speaking I am disqualifying myself.  The only difference: hitting inline targets spots any paragon letters.  I set it that way on the old table so I need to set it back, I don’t need the help anymore (eheh)

i will delete the nvram and will challenge for high scores again.  All kidding aside I was telling randr earlier that on the game I went on a roll, I felt the same feeling when doing so on a real pin, with immense satisfaction afterwards.  This happens sometimes with other tables in VP but it’s a fairly rare feeling.  Now whether it’s because of some intangibles or because I suck too much to get on a roll, I’ll leave it to you guys to pick lol

edit:  for those looking for some hints to getting good high scores, take a look at the full video I posted earlier.  Some great hints there and remember, for the bonus multipliers, backflip is your friend

#69117 Report
    HauntFreaks
    @hauntfreaks
    vipContributorMember

I was always wondering about that in the game of the weeks stuff, (since i dont follow it) is there separate DT and FS scores??

#69119 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

HF: do u feel there should be?  I know sometimes the Z setting affects some physics, is this the reason why this should be considered?

#69120 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

There are way to many variables that aren’t even discussed for me to bother about even attending anymore. VP9 like nudge was added to VP again, people run without tilt, save bonuses for when they have a great score etc. etc. I just wanted to try to get that score because I love this pin and my HS was crushed. New one is now 703. Last ball I crapped out by letting it go between the right flippers. Had the full bonus on 2nd ball. Guess I’ll have to watch that video to find out how to get extra ball. And yeah. Backhanding those X targets is the way to do it.

Had only P in Paragon left, but, its a random game.

I feel kind of content with that score, need to get to bed anyway and unfortunately can’t play tomorrow. As you said Loafer, this is a very fine release. One of those tables that makes me very happy to own a virtual pin.

#69125 Report
    The Loafer
    Participant
    @theloafer

Yeah I don’t think true competitive is possible with vp but it’s always fun playing with friends

extra ball:  just hit the saucer one more time after you got the 5x

#69126 Report
    HauntFreaks
    @hauntfreaks
    vipContributorMember

in DT I can play twice as long as FS
    I would think rom setting would be posted so everyone was playing with the same settings… but things like tilt it could never be kept track of…
    but in the end if its fun, its really the only thing that matters…

#69129 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

Hmm. Need to review my settings. I know I did that but can’t recall getting a extra ball. Just saw the video and I guess it would be beneficial to have that right orbit adjusted ever so slightly.

Update: Can’t get extra ball – have no clue why. Even dropping all targets, followed with saucer twice – in one ball :-(

#74908 Report
    misfit
    Participant
    @edavis

This table looks amazing. Thanks to all involved. I have one question though… I was attempting to edit the plunger on the table and can’t update the object properties. Looks like it is grouped with multiple other objects on the table…that are not plungers. So, properties cannot be displayed or edited. I’ve never seen this before. Any explanation or suggestions for getting to the plunger physics options?

#74916 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

If there are several objects grouped together. You can hold the shift key while selecting. That disables the grouped select temporarily. Or better, use the element selector.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    #74925 Report
    misfit
    Participant
    @edavis

Thanks for the suggestion, Thalamus. But it wasn’t that simple. Even if I selected the Plunger object specifically via the selector dropdown list, I was still seeing the following message repeated over and over in the Properties window: “The current selection contains multiple object types. Select either a single object or a group of objects of the same type to edit properties.”

Turns out that the Plunger was part of a defined collection named Posts. No idea why. So I temporarily removed the Plunger from the collection via the Collection Manager, made the desired property changes, and added it back into the collection. Not sure why it’s there, but didn’t want to break anything. :-)

Attachments:
    #74932 Report
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

I’m sorry to say. But, if you didn’t manage to only select the plunger from the Element Selector you’re either doing it wrong or your VP is super bR0KEn ! :)

You should try again so that you start to trust that tool.

Cntr+Shift+E -> scroll down to plunger ( or if your lazy and fairly up to date – start to write … plu ) an only mark “plunger” – press Select button. Options will now ( or I should say should ) only contain one element and its properties.

#76198 Report
    bord
    @bord

Just posted a quick update for 10.5 users. New flipper textures, new plastic edge textures, simplified FastFlips (sol=2).

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW