Party Animal WIP, Done

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Mlager8
    Participant
      @mlager8

Can I jump in here with a question? I’m not familiar with materials and transparency in VPX and want to know how I would go about approaching a certain plastic. Check out this image:
      https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/63/5f/93635f79f77af89ff36b642db77a1d75.jpg

See the clear plastic in the bottom left with the decal on top? Would I make the geometry for the plastic and assign it an acrylic material, then make another piece of geometry sitting right on top of the plastic for the decal and assign that it’s own texture? Or is there a way to assign materials per face? Could I model the decal right into the plastic and assign the acrylic material to everything else aside from the decal?

Same goes for the plastic right behind the one in question.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I haven’t checked this – but, to me it looks like pinbot by bord has more or less that effect with the girl on the plastic ramp. Maybe have a second look at how that is made will help ?

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Your first solution is what most do. Unfortunately you can’t assign materials by face, only by individual mesh. Would solve a lot of problems!

The flat acrylic top won’t be visible in VP so you can even skip that and just model a mesh of the acrylic edges and a mesh for the decal to sit on. Using a plastic image with transparency will honor the transparency around your decal image so you don’t need to do anything too precise.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Mlager8
          Participant
            @mlager8

Checking now, thanks

Mlager8
            Participant
              @mlager8

Thanks bord, I’ll have to play around and see how things looks when I have everything in front of me

cyberpez
              Participant
                @cyberpez

Check out the plastic I did in RaB, the castly one in the center over the bumper(and the bike one, but its sorta hidden).  That is just a single plastic.  I had a nice scan of it, I used photoshop to cut out all of the clear section (actually just selected it and made it transparent… I’ve have to double check what transparency level I used) leaving the edge and picture of it solid.  Then just used a normal plastic material in VP.  These were the first I’d done that way that I was truly happy with.

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

Can I jump in here with a question? I’m not familiar with materials and transparency in VPX and want to know how I would go about approaching a certain plastic. Check out this image:

See the clear plastic in the bottom left with the decal on top? Would I make the geometry for the plastic and assign it an acrylic material, then make another piece of geometry sitting right on top of the plastic for the decal and assign that it’s own texture? Or is there a way to assign materials per face? Could I model the decal right into the plastic and assign the acrylic material to everything else aside from the decal?

you can do that  you can also add a clear plastic image to your texture and just add the decal to the same texture.

similar to this

eagle1

doing what you described will a very bad solution for plastic ramps that have decals.

the only thing you need to do is play with the primitive Depth Bias (I usually set it to -200).  If you don’t everything under the clear plastic will be invisible.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Mlager8
                  Participant
                    @mlager8

you can do that  you can also add a clear plastic image to your texture and just add the decal to the same texture.

similar to this

eagle1

doing what you described will a very bad solution for plastic ramps that have decals.

the only thing you need to do is play with the primitive Depth Bias (I usually set it to -200).  If you don’t everything under the clear plastic will be invisible.

when you say add a “clear plastic texture to you image” are you saying the greyish image behind your eagle is a plasticy texture with some transparency built in to a png? Will that not give you a washed out look without any deep shadow refracrationy type things like real acrylic would?

Mlager8
                    Participant
                      @mlager8

Hey cyberpez, i just downloaded rocky and bullwinkle, but I’m not sure which plastics your talking about, I took a look at the ramp with rocky on it, but the image field is blank, am I not looking at the right thing?

cyberpez
                      Participant
                        @cyberpez

Looks like I have most all the plastics grouped into one big one.  It’s pAllPlastic1a on layer 11..  Screenshot is the specific one I was talking about. (again they are all one big primitive) but looking at the image might give you an idea of what I was talking about.

plastic

For the ramps, yeah they are primitive ramps with just a VP material..  the decals are a seperate primitive that sits on top..  sorta like a sticker was my idea. (pRampDecals on layer1)

Mlager8
                        Participant
                          @mlager8

Yes I see, now making a little but more sense. I’ll have to see what works for Tom when we get to that. Thanks for the insight

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Fully playable game.  still need jukebox, flashers, light adjust, prim clear ramps, apron and plastics finished

Untitled

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

Tom this is sick! As soon as your buddy’s photos come in I’ll get cracking on the rest of the graphics and ramps/jukebox. Looks aweosme, great job bud!

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

Tonight!

Anyone want to lend assistance with the script adding Fluppers flashers? I am stumped

Badazzwi
                                Participant
                                  @badazzwi

Looks great Tom! I look forward to playing the finished product.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

32assassin
                                  Participant
                                    @32assassin

Tonight!

Anyone want to lend assistance with the script adding Fluppers flashers? I am stumped

if you want to use Fluppers domes

you have to copy and past the components from a table that has them

you will need 4 components

1 Flasher

2 primitive domes

1 light

you first add this subroutine to your code

https://pastebin.com/PxaQEpAP

you then change this

NfadeL #,  L#   ‘Place holder for the light

or

FLash #, Flashser# ‘ Place holder for Flasher

to this

FlupperFlash #, domeredflash, domeredlit, domeredbase, Flasherredlight

where

# =Rom ID

domeflash = Flasher name

domeredlit= primitive when on name

domeredbase = primitive when off name

Flasherredlight = Light name

I uploaded a few textures I have made by me and DJROBX,   use them if you don’t plan to make your table as dark as most of

fluppers tables.

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=146757

they are all named to fit the code example I gave you

just add a 1 to the end of the name when you have multiple domes with the same color

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

I have been looking over the script in fluppers dome table.  I was wondering where I would need to assign the light number.  I will give it a shot tonight, Thanks @32Assassin

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

I am also gonna take a shot at the prim ramps but not holding my breath!

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

I imported the 4 objects from fluppers demo table.

I changed the ‘NfadeL #,  L#   ‘Place holder for the light’ to the new section and labeled the appropriate items by the name

last I imported :

‘***************************************************
                                          ‘       FLUPPER FLASH
                                          ‘***************************************************

Dim FlashLevel1, FlashLevel2, FlashLevel3, FlashLevel4, FlashLevel5, FlashLevel6, FlasherLevel7, FlasherLevel8, FlasherLevel9, FlasherLevel10
                                          FlasherLight1.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight2.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight3.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight4.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight5.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight6.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight7.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight8.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight9.IntensityScale = 0
                                          Flasherlight10.IntensityScale = 0

Sub FlupperFlash(nr, FlashObject, LitObject, BaseObject, LightObject)
                                          FadeEmpty nr
                                          FlupperFlashm nr, FlashObject, LitObject, BaseObject, LightObject
                                          End Sub

Sub FlupperFlashm(nr, FlashObject, LitObject, BaseObject, LightObject)
                                          ‘exit sub
                                          dim flashx3
                                          Select Case FadingLevel(nr)
                                          Case 4, 5
                                          ‘ This section adapted from Flupper’s script
                                          flashx3 = FlashLevel(nr) * FlashLevel(nr) * FlashLevel(nr)
                                          FlashObject.IntensityScale = flashx3
                                          LitObject.BlendDisableLighting = 10 * flashx3
                                          BaseObject.BlendDisableLighting = (flashx3 * .6) + .4
                                          LightObject.IntensityScale = flashx3
                                          LitObject.material = “domelit” & Round(9 * FlashLevel(nr))
                                          LitObject.visible = 1
                                          FlashObject.visible = 1
                                          case 3:
                                          LitObject.visible = 0
                                          FlashObject.visible = 0
                                          end select
                                          End Sub

Sub FadeEmpty(nr) ‘Fade a lamp number, no object updates
                                          Select Case FadingLevel(nr)
                                          Case 3
                                          FadingLevel(nr) = 0
                                          Case 4 ‘off
                                          FlashLevel(nr) = FlashLevel(nr) – FlashSpeedDown(nr)
                                          If FlashLevel(nr) < FlashMin(nr) Then
                                          FlashLevel(nr) = FlashMin(nr)
                                          FadingLevel(nr) = 3 ‘completely off
                                          End if
                                          ‘Object.IntensityScale = FlashLevel(nr)
                                          Case 5 ‘ on
                                          FlashLevel(nr) = FlashLevel(nr) + FlashSpeedUp(nr)
                                          If FlashLevel(nr) > FlashMax(nr) Then
                                          FlashLevel(nr) = FlashMax(nr)
                                          FadingLevel(nr) = 6 ‘completely on
                                          End if
                                          ‘Object.IntensityScale = FlashLevel(nr)
                                          Case 6
                                          FadingLevel(nr) = 1
                                          End Select
                                          End Sub

Do I need to change anything in this script?? what is nr?? I am getting an error

Untitled

fixed this, commented out the flashers I didn’t have

now this:

Untitled

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

alright guys, I know my limit.  I tried to follow the tutorial on how to turn the ramps into a primitive and I am way over my head.  If anyone would like to step up and volunteer to do this, someone with Blender skills out the ass, It would be much appreciated.  I don’t know how long it would take to do these three ramps, but I have all the visual references for them.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?