Paul Bunyan (Gottlieb 1968)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/paul-bunyan-gottlieb-1968/

Update of my Paul Bunyan table that was an update of a Leon Spalding vp8 table.

• playfield updated to be more legible while keeping old worn look, mostly by adding text enhancements
      • lots of new primitives and stuff
      • new flipper primitives by @bord
      • new light/plastics/shadows by @bord
      • new directb2s from nicer image
      • high score sticky note added
      • ball and flipper shadows added, options to turn off near top of script
      • DOF option near top of script to turn on a bell instead of second chime if you have one

Options menu for replay levels, coin/free play, 3/5 ball.  Hold the left flipper during Game Over to activate.

POV files included for portrait and landscape, table comes set in portrait FS settings for my cab.

Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Nice… this was one of the early VPX tables I downloaded.  Thanks for the update.    :good:

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

thanks the borg-bord team! looks really nice! and I’m sure it plays it too.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Great. Thank you both !!

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

it is one of the tables, I show my friends, that “even THAT old” tables got made. Great update. :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Nice work, Borgdog. Thanks!

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Looks great, man. This was an early VPX favorite of mine. Thanks for putting the work into the update.

3rdaxis
                  Participant
                    @3rdaxis
                    MemberContributor

Plays great. So many flippers! lol. One thing I noticed, your “Pgate” should be scripted like this.. PGate.ObjRoty = gate.CurrentAngle*.6

You had it on Rotz which is the wrong axis. Also the Gravity Force should be set to 2 for a more realistic action. And I set the elasticity to 1.0 of the gate object. But that’s personal preference.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

thanks @3rdaxis, that’s what happens when I swap a bunch of primitive parts out for others, I miss things like the rot on that.  Will do an update later with that fixed.

and actually it should be  PGate.Rotx = gate.CurrentAngle*.6 so that it rotates around the objects x axis instead of the worlds x axis, the labels seem backwards to me but if you play around with the values in the editor and watch the primitive it works this way.  And I never am happy with how the gates flappiness works but I’ll play around with that some more too.

Kalavera3
                      Participant
                        @kalavera3

Beautiful old table, thank you both for the excellent work you do, I’m going to try it now ;-)

Kalavera3
                        Participant
                          @kalavera3

In desktop mode the scoring system does not work, it remains static

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

In desktop mode the scoring system does not work, it remains static

Works fine for me, that’s how I do most of my table building.  do you have b2s disabled? under Preferences, Keys nudge and DOF?  if it runs a b2s it doesn’t show the desktop items.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Thanks BorgDog and also bord – really nice Table … if i remember correctly, it was your first Table, from the Past ? :good:

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

Great stuff!  More ‘old’ tables should be treated like the modern ones in VPX!

Thanks!

Kalavera3
                                Participant
                                  @kalavera3

You were right the activated b2s, my fault, sorry.  :unsure:

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

v1.97 uploaded with the gate primitive rotation fix and physics tweaks to both gates, thanks for the catch and suggestions @3rdaxis

Micronaut
                                    Participant
                                      @micronaut

excellent BorgDog & bord   :yahoo:
                                      very appreciated this beauty of the 60`s  :good:
                                      thank you for this great work and congratulations   :bye:

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

I just love it when BorgDog does a release and he has added the high score sticker with a score I expect is his. Not 50.000 exactly. So, I headed off with the regular goal of crushing it :)

What I noticed, that surprised me quite a bit is that when ever I get a credit, the table stutters. I expect it to be db2s related again. My pin has a regular 1080 so, there should be no reason for it not to handle the graphics. But, as I said. As the credit is given there is a short stutter. When I did some co-op work with batch I noticed micro stutter at times. At the moment I ran the table without a db2s but still enabled in the prefs. I know that I also tried it with db2s disabled in the prefs without seeing much change. Since then I’ve done several changes and I haven’t really tested Motorhead enough to say that just having a db2s fixed it or not.

I’m beginning to be believe that db2s may be a culprit in more than one area at times ?!

I wonder. I anyone else seeing stutter when credit is given ?

Except for that. What a great update guys. I prefer the playfield looking a bit old, and the feel is top notch. Thank you Bord and BorgDog !

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

What I noticed, that surprised me quite a bit is that when ever I get a credit, the table stutters. I expect it to be db2s related again. My pin has a regular 1080 so, there should be no reason for it not to handle the graphics. But, as I said. As the credit is given there is a short stutter. When I did some co-op work with batch I noticed micro stutter at times. At the moment I ran the table without a db2s but still enabled in the prefs. I know that I also tried it with db2s disabled in the prefs without seeing much change. Since then I’ve done several changes and I haven’t really tested Motorhead enough to say that just having a db2s fixed it or not.

I’m beginning to be believe that db2s may be a culprit in more than one area at times ?!

I wonder. I anyone else seeing stutter when credit is given ?

Actually I think I probably forgot to take the savehs out of the addcredit routine.  I used to do that but finally noticed it caused that issue, disk access maybe or just the process that does it.  Let me take a look and get back to you…. yup that is still there.  remove line 511, should be just savehs on that line in the addcredit routine.  doesn’t need to be there as it is saved on exit.  see if that fixes the issue @Thalamus

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Ah. Thanks. That makes sense. :yes:   :good:

Forgot to give feedback – yes, that resolved it, as expected. Thanks !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?