Physics Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant
      @malachi666

Hello,

I have a few questions about the copying of physics from one table to another.  I see the ‘Export’, and ‘Import’ buttons in the physics area, and I see it includes flippers, but is this reliable?  Or should you copy the physics numbers manually?  Also after importing the settings from another table do you need to then make any further adjustments?

Is this something that should even be done?  I ask because of these tables play really fast and then when I watch a video on YouTube the ball seems more floaty.  Anyway, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

EDIT:  I should point out I am a huge fan of JPSala’s games.  I would like to have my other tables play a well.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

JP tables are great for sure.

I have never tried importing settings so i cannot say it will or wont work…but not sure how it could work perfectly so maybe try it and see? i would think setting each collidable objects physics with a material physics would be best option but is also a bit of work so give import a try and let us know!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

You should try it and report your observations. That’s why the export and import feature exists. You will probably have to tweak further but post the tables you are working with and we can help/follow along

1 user thanked author for this post.
          bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

It’s a good start, at least.

If you’re trying to mimic a JP Salas table take a close look at how he sets up his rubbers. He’ll often use collidable walls instead of rubbers to differentiate the physics at the post end and stretched part of the rubber. It’s a good method and it shows in how nicely his games play.

I’d recommend going a step further and implementing nFozzy’s rubber physics as written up by @rothbauerw last week. The ball action off the rubbers is just beautiful.

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

I agree with Bord on this. The export/import feature is a very rough and crude way of changing physics to a table. If you export the physics from one table and look at the file in a text editor, you see the limitations that it has. Sure, if can be efficient in that you change several settings at once. Rubbers is mentioned. Height of rubbers does matter, and of course their physical properties too. If a table pr. example has rubbers with a height of 29 it will not play the same with a height of 27. Roth’ article explaining nFozzy’ work is a must read.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?