“Pimp My Game” livestream nomination thread

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Bord.  The Bob Ross of Blender?

bordbob3

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Thanks for adding audio to the 1st vid!  When I dabbled with Blender around a year ago? ..my goal was just to export a table to mess with lighting and I think I’ll give that a go again during some down-time this winter.  One problem I ran into:  At that time most of the tutorials out there were using the older 2.79 and the newer version (2.8) I had downloaded had a totally different ui.  So they were little help.  I see it’s up to 2.9x now.  A question I would ask is what version is best to start with?  Wish there was a Blender Light.  It’s an amazing free program…but obviously is meant for those with advanced experience with other similar programs.

Thanks for spending the time on this.  And for picking Shannon’s table!  Perfect.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for adding audio to the 1st vid! When I dabbled with Blender around a year ago? ..my goal was just to export a table to mess with lighting and I think I’ll give that a go again during some down-time this winter. One problem I ran into: At that time most of the tutorials out there were using the older 2.79 and the newer version (2.8) I had downloaded had a totally different ui. So they were little help. I see it’s up to 2.9x now. I guess a question I would ask is what version is best to start with? Wish there was a Blender Light. It’s an amazing free program…but obviously is meant for those with advanced experience with other similar programs.

Thanks for spending the time on this. And for picking Shannon’s table! Perfect.

Good question re: Blender. They’ve recently done a much better job of laying out how future updates will work. Check this out: https://code.blender.org/2020/02/release-planning-2020-2025/. The critical releases (IMO) are the LTS ones. Right now I think 2.83 is a good place to be. Changes between 2.8 and 2.9 betas have far fewer UX updates than 2.79 to 2.8. That was basically a total system overhaul, which I don’t think will happen again until 3.0.

Let me know how the Blendering goes. Always happy to help out.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          JR
          JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Oh!  For anyone that has interest in James Whale’s Frankenstein’s – get to Walmart.  They have a Halloween ’20 exclusive Legacy Collection of the 8 films  from ’31 to ’48 with some cool bonus features and a few commentaries.  And it comes in a glow-in-the-dark cover.  $15.  Don’t ask me how I know this.

bord
              @bord

That Legacy Collection is so great. I’ve had the blu-ray version for a number of years. Never disappoints.

Here is this morning’s sort of dull live stream. Just a bunch of footage of a guy organizing assets for export:

Shannon
              Participant
                @shannon1

Finished watching today’s video…I love that sickly green glow! Glad you were able to watch the movie :good:

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Just finished watching.  Thanks again for taking the time to share all this.

When I log on in the morning I’m not seeing the live stream.  Only seeing vid after you’re done and it posts on this thread.  Is it streaming live elsewhere?  Based on the clock on your pc I’ve been looking at the time you are streaming.

I also had missed this table’s release so loaded it up tonight.  As a big fan of the movie I’m glad I found it.  Love the blood splatter on the plunger tip!  And the music file.  Nice!!  And it keeps playing indefinitely after done playing so keeps the mood going while doing other stuff.

The movie is a national treasure.  I didn’t see it until years after it’s release and yeah..low budget.  But wow, Romero cobbled something special together.  I’m not too far from the Evan’s City Cemetery where the movie starts and have been meaning to visit.  It’s still rural there and would be a fun day-trip from Cleveland.   DAY trip.  Not going at night.  Thanks for the cool table Shannon!  Looking forward to bord’s blendering.

bord
                    @bord

Livestream in a few minutes at this link (I think): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdwbk0uOSkgVHd_HWYVCQag/live

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Just seeing older Seawitch vids at that link.

bord
                        @bord

Bah, I should have figured that all out before starting a live stream. Ah well.

Here is today’s wrap up. Jump to the end if you want to see the final visuals:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        JR
                        JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

Well, I figured this was just a trial run before you start up zoom classes ;)

bord
                            @bord

Time to get your Halloween on:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_EU_1GXoOMtDZQitdEA78g3H1JdVOnO/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again to @shannon1 for creating such a great table.

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

so i wanted to get a better grasp on blender before i jumped into your videos @Bord.  I figured out materials and textures, now i need to work lighting and camera angles.  I am a human Blender WIP..

bord
                                @bord

Looks slick, @armyaviation. Looks like figuring out HDRIs as an environment texture might be your next leap forward.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

Hell I have no idea, I’m winging it as I go.  I am about to start watching all you videos.

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

They’re worth watching @armyaviation especially when someone like you has an inkling of what bord’s doing.  Plus hearing him get all gangsta and say things like ‘pimped out’ is a bonus.  Off to check this out!

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

@bord, just got done with part 1, great job.  I can do materials, textures and lights.  Hopefully by tomorrow I can have bounty hunter up to part 2.  The only part that I would love more clarification about is materials, you went pretty quick , being on a deadline, through materials.  I have been watching blender tutorials but when you put it in pinball terms it is a little more relevant.  Maybe next week you can do a follow up stream perhaps with BH about materials.   I have not used the view with all the boxes at the bottom and when you started connecting things and duplicating boxes, my brain exploded!!

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

mostly done with images, onto lights but i need to find locations first.

couple questions or talking point if i can get you to do a follow up on materials.  You made it look easy assigning names to each seperate material.  I am selecting an object with say, plastic with image, it shows how many items use that, if you change the color it will do it for all.  If you click on the number it makes a single user copy and you can add a texture to that one object.  is that a way or is it better to rename all materials??

Second, if you take a side wood rail, there are 2 seperate images, one for side and one for top for the grain of the wood.  I cant seem to find a way to apply different images to the side and top because they are the same material.  If i go to edit mode and select the top faces and apply a texture, it duplicates onto the side.

Something taken from first video that i really liked, selecting items and hitting CTRL L to copy the material, awesome.  That saves so much time.

Something i would like to find out, how the hell do you make a clear material for the pegs.  Probably one of those modifiers or something :unsure:

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

with lights.  The bumpers arent letting light through yet but i am tired so more tomorrow along with video 2.  I attached my Blender file, can you check my work and critique teacher!!!

Attachments:
                                          Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

i drank a big ass redbull tonight so here is a better one with the tents and bumper caps transparent

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?