Pin-Pit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Pin-Pit

What the heck is this dork playing in his racing simpit?

Project Cars 2? Dirt Rally?

pinball pit

Nope.

He’s playing Future Pinball – BAM Open VR!

– using a Rift S for amazing VR immersion
      – Logitech G920 racing wheel for controls
      – paddle shifters for the flippers
      – steering wheel and pedals for analogue nudge
      – stick shift for plunger
      – full SSF using x4 “Aurasound Ast-2b-4 pro bass shaker tactile transducers” on the bottom corners of the simpit

Pinup Popper can be run from Oculus Home and launches all VR and non VR tables.

Who needs a pinball cabinet?

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Looks good.  Happy with the rift S performance?

TerryRed
          @terryred

Looks good. Happy with the rift S performance?

So far so good.

With FP in VR… it looks stunning in VR. Especially with full details and lots of transparent AA. The key for better visuals in tables was the set their reflections to max glossy. (SLAM had his tables set to low). After that it’s like…wow! I’m now using the OpenComposite DLL instead of running the OpenComposite Launcher…so no Steam VR needed at all for FP VR. Runs MUCH better! Having a fast CPU and GPU really makes a difference though. The only thing I gotta do is hit the “reset view” button for BAM VR when a table first loads for some reason…but that’s not a bad thing anyway.

VPVR…. what can I say. I can’t get it to look nowhere near as nice with supersampling or AA… and it’s a PITA to just get running consistently.

Project Cars 2 is running nice and slick. I just wish the newer GRID and DIRT games also ran in VR. :(

I haven’t tried “normal” VR stuff yet. I have extension cables (6 and 10 feet) for both USB 3 and Display Port coming for next week… so I hope I can get those working nicely with this.

Ashram56
          Participant
            @ashram56

I did try multiple tables with VPVR :

• Need to launch SteamVR first indeed
            • Really need to set AA correctly (on top of my head, using brute force multisampling works like a charm)
            • Had to fiddle around with the XYZ location of the table to match my setup
            • Some tables are super heavy on the GPU (TOTAN in 4k) due to the use of quite high resolution textures

I’m using an Oculus Quest connected to the cabinet, so I get DOF feedback along with the gameplay.

I do have noticeable stutter, but it’s not linked to VPVR as it also appears in the Oculus launcher, but it is not visible on the PC screen itself, so I suspect this is a transmission error on the USB3 interface the Oculus Quest uses (Oculus Link is still in Beta). Will have to debug this further.

I must admit I did not test FP in VR yet…

Regards

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

@terryred, cool rig!

My DOF setup is the front 1/4 of a pinball machine in front of a standing desk w/ computer monitors. I used to think I’d do a full cab one day. Now I think I just need some VR gear.

TerryRed
                @terryred

@terryred, cool rig!

My DOF setup is the front 1/4 of a pinball machine in front of a standing desk w/ computer monitors. I used to think I’d do a full cab one day. Now I think I just need some VR gear.

Actually… someone on one of the FB groups yesterday just cut their cabinet in half to use as a pinstubby with VR.

While I love VR… and FP in particular looks stunning in VR…. I still love my cabinet. Otherwise I wouldn’t be doing all this sanding / priming / painting all week. :P

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?