Pin2dmd, tilt + script question.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Malinas
    Participant
      @malinas

Some new questions!

1. Got a Pin2dmd v3 and got most of it to work,  except for P-ROC for Cactus Canyon (Guess i am not the only one). YES there is a lot about this in some forums, but since i am still quite new at this i don´t understand it to well (otherwise i do not post here, cause i always try myself for some days until i give up and head here to the forum) so hoping someone could come up with a neat trick to get this to work ; )

2. Is there any way to change the startup sequence instead of the http://www.pin2dmd.com “welcome window” so i can like type… “welcome to a new day of configuration..” or something instead. Some forum said, erase firmware, burn e-prom etc etc. But i dont want to risk anything, cause since i live in Sweden this stuff takes months for me to get if i destroy it, just if it exists a simple hack for this someone know about.

3. Under “Custom Launch Param” in Pinup Game Manager, is it possible to add like –DisableTrueFullscreen and something more, ( cause just that didn´t work ) to be able to have “force exclusive fullscreen” as default ticked in VPX, and the games that you want to start without this “script line” solve it.  Did anyone succeed with this?

4. Got a TILT bob now, and … assigned it to Mech Tilt in VPX.  But ONE touch makes the table tilt and yeah, dont want that of course, i guess that you know excatly how this supposed to be configured so would be happy if someone could tell me how to do this in the best way for it to act as a “real” one.

Thank you in advance for all the help beautiful VP people!

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

For question 3 you can try

/play -“[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]” -DisableTrueFullscreen

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

question 4
          In your Scripts folder change the name of this file NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt to NudgePlugIn.vbs
          More info
          http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?custom=EU&expver=R3.201602xx&sid=toc

outhere
            @outhere

Question 1
            Game setup info
            https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pin2dmd-with-ccc-proc-vpx-how-i-got-it-working-in-pbx-2/

I bought one of these so the DMD I’m mirroring can be off screen – Ones you have it set up then you can move it off screen..
            Available in display port or HDMI
            https://www.amazon.com/s?k=display+Emulator+Plug&ref=nb_sb_noss

Launch script

@echo off
            cd "E:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"

start "" /min dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=7300 200 512 128 -q -d pin2dmd --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 20 10 25
            cd "[DIREMU]"
            if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
            START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
            ) else (
            START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
            )

Close script
            "[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Visual Pinball" 10 1

taskkill /f /im dmdext.exe

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Question 4 : Look inside you scripts folder. Look for the one named nudge*mjr – copy it and then rename it to nudgeplugin.vbs. Yell at me if it isn’t working. This is from memory and I’m getting old :)

Malinas
              Participant
                @malinas

@gtxjoey – That didn´t work;/ does this setting works for you?

@outhere
                – Thanks! I have tried that tutorial, but it didn´t solve it for me ; / but what do you mean with that i should getting an adapter? I am not intending to use another screen, and this “mirroring” thing, i don´t understand;/ i am sorry.

@thalamus
                – It worked!! thanks! Now i can shake that thing!

Btw guys… if you know?

Is it possible to start FX3 tables from popper with pre-chosen color on dmd. Like when i start ALIEN , the dmd color is blue, and spiderman RED, and so on.

And i want to build a media archive for us with PIN2dmd, but i don´t know where to begin. I have tried, animated gifs (looks not that good) i have tried .AVI files, but Pinup Popper don´t play them.  (Yes i have changed the anigif, mp4 script for popper and tried different things, made 128×32 files, and converted them to different formats but still no GOOD results.) What format should i use and how to begin with attract dmd stuff… Cause i don´t want to do a couple of hundred “unusable” videos.

Where to find already finished stuff that looks good as attract (in popper) for the Pin2dmd so i get a hint on what to do here.

outhere
                  @outhere

I’m assuming you have frenzy all set up and working..

What I mean by the adapter – makes your computer think you have another monitor because when you’re mirroring something
                  You will actually have 2 DMD’s one on the LCD screen and 1 on the real DMD

In order to get the P-ROC for Cactus Canyon DMD To show up on the pin2DMD you have the mirror the DMD from a LCD screen to the real DMD

Malinas
                  Participant
                    @malinas

Thanks now i understand!!! I Will try this tonight

Malinas
                    Participant
                      @malinas

Alright, i connected my older lcd dmd, with that adapter you showed me.
                      Cactus dmd starts fine on it.

Removed the lcd dmd, but adapter still in computer so it thinks it has a screen there, just like you said.

But no P-roc stuff on the pin2dmd screen , still

using this
                      start “” /min dmdext.exe mirror –source=screen –position=7300 200 512 128 -q -d pin2dmd –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

in Emulator Start Scripts (together with the rest of the script you sent me)

– Yes, frenzy all set up and working on 99% on my tables.
                      – Did as the tutorial you sent me.
                      – And now did this mirror thingy ;)

Does the positioning matter “in this case” ? I have tried the old positioning, also with zeros,.

Thanks for trying to help out a noob like me! Appreciate it very much!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Position is essential. The idea is to mirror the “virtual” dmd on to the real dmd. So, if you mirror eg a black area of the table – the dmd is going to show you a black screen. Mirror a bumper and it will show you the bumper. It takes pixels, and sends them to the dmd. So you need to know where you put the lcd and then give the mirror command the coordinates.

Malinas
                        Participant
                          @malinas

Ok, understand! Well, i tried the old LCD settings (positioning) aswell but still no success, the LCD shows the dmd animations though, but it dont mirror it to the PIN2DMD via the mirror script when starting from popper.

No changes to dmddevice.ini or similar to try out, or?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

dmdext doesn’t used dmddevice.ini – so no.

outhere
                              @outhere

Mirroring  does not use the dmddevice.ini

I am using Freezy  1.73

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

Malinas
                              Participant
                                @malinas

Ok, then i know that…  thank you for enlightening me  Well is it safe to update now to 1.73 then? I am thinking of Pinup packs and other stuff that all shouts… “only use 1.71”.

I have not changed .dll files as it says on https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/pindmd3-replacing-pindmd-dll-for-dmddevice-dll/

maybe it can be it?

Thing was, that i already got everything to work so i was fine with that and never minded this tutorial. But maybe i should use the pindmd.dll and replace my old files then and hope for the best ;)

outhere
                                  @outhere

I have been using the 1.73 for months with a pin2DMD running FX3, VP and P-ROC – Cactus Canyon
                                  Using Pinup packs and pinup player

Make sure you have got your stuff Backed up

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

I would say. If you’re on pindmd3, then maybe stay on mjr’ version of freezy’ 1.7.1. I see performance issues running .1.7.3 on the pindmd3. But, well, who know – might be my setup. Might be Win7 related. I don’t know. – if not, well, then you probably should listen to outhere. He isn’t recommending it out of the blue.

outhere
                                      @outhere

My advice was based on your 1st posting saying you have a pin2DMD

If you have a pindmd3 that’s a different story

Malinas
                                      Participant
                                        @malinas

Ok.. But i wrote Pin2dmd v3 in my First post actually :) oh so then the mirror thing wont work then. So with the latest frenzy it is not dooable for v3 ?

should i go for a try?

outhere
                                          @outhere

Pin2dmd and pindmd3 Are totally to different DMD’s

Do you mean Pin2dmd version 3?

1.73 will work if it is a Pin2dmd

Malinas
                                          Participant
                                            @malinas

Yes Version 3 , i wrote just V3 see now.

alright i stick to 1.71 then if its not working on the version 3 version… or should i buy a pin2dmd not version 3 instead? Cause i really want to have the CCC experience on the cab :)

I ordered what seemed to be the best but i maybe took the wrong version

thanks for all help!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?