Pinball Fx3 start/stop issues (pinup popper)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    fakingdeath
    Participant
      @fakingdeath

I run a pinball fx3 exe (non-steam)

In pinballx I just changed steam.exe to pinballfx3.exe. In pinup popper it just wasn’t that easy. After lots of trial and error I had to start it via a shortcut. So solution, use the included cmd line code but point it to the shortcut you created and problem solved.

Exiting, haven’t solved this yet. Upon exit everything closes properly but only the wheel bar comes back. No bg, dmd, or playfields videos in the front end.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

One of our testers got the NON-steam version of pinballfx working.  the command lines for steam/pinballfx are not the same as the ones for the standalone fx.

I’ve ask him to respond with his settings that work for him here…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        fakingdeath
        Participant
          @fakingdeath

That would be amazing, thank you.

LoneStarPinball
          Participant
            @nigel

I didn’t have any issues with exiting but I had to tweak a bit to get it to start properly. also for the game name I had issue with “spacedashspace” in the file name as I had renamed tables but if you have not you will be fine.

To start my script is as follows:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 60 “Pinball FX3”
            cd “[DIREMU]”
            START /min “” “PinballFX3.exe” -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

fakingdeath
            Participant
              @fakingdeath

Nigel, thank you. I tried your code and it worked just as my work around with the shortcut. I’ll continue using it as it seems cleaner than linking to a shortcut in the same folder as the exe.

Although, anyone have any ideas why upon pressing emulator exit it still closes pinnballfx3 and the b2s server (running doflinx for backlass) but only wakes the wheel bar and none of the back glass or playfield videos?

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

how do you have your pupdisplays set in initial config?  always on?

fakingdeath
                Participant
                  @fakingdeath

how do you have your pupdisplays set in initial config? always on?

Bg – show always (on)

Pf – show always (on)

Dmd – show always (on)

Music – hide always (sound only)

Vpx tables start, exit and return to menu fine just in case that matters

LoneStarPinball
                  Participant
                    @nigel

OK, Mine is doing what yours is too now, but it was working last week. I’ll play with it a bit and get back to you.

LoneStarPinball
                    Participant
                      @nigel

in your close script remove the space between pinball and fx3

LoneStarPinball
                      Participant
                        @nigel

To be more clear I was playing with the name of my executable I had it “Pinball FX3.exe” but had changed it to PinballFX3.exe and that broke the close script.

so my close script that works is :

“[STARTDIR]Launch\PuPCloser.exe” WINTIT “PinballFX3” 4 1

not working one was

“[STARTDIR]Launch\PuPCloser.exe” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1

Hope that helps

fakingdeath
                        Participant
                          @fakingdeath

So it helps. But for some reason it’s not consistent. It will work the first time after saving the setting from the manager and launching, but not again.

For example, it will work then select another fx3 table, launch, play, exit, and just the wheel bar. No pinup player videos on menu.

Close popper, restart, select fx3 table, play, exit and just wheel bar. Exit popper. Go to emulator config, stare at it, do nothing, save it. Launch popper, launch fx3 table, play, exit and it works… then repeat problems lol

I’d say it’s user error as I recall having everyone of these problems when seting up with the other frentend.

Anyways, I’ll keep tinkering and report back, thanks guys!

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

what’s your exact close script?  add some values for the timeout… like instead of 4 1…. try 10 1

fakingdeath
                            Participant
                              @fakingdeath

Basically Nigel’s.

“[STARTDIR]Launch\PuPCloser.exe” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1

And yeah I’ve messed with the timeout and various settings. I’ve tried 4 1, 4 1 2, 15 1, 15 1 2, and all of the above with a 0 for kill with an additional task kill line. Haven’t noticed even the slightest difference in how fast it exits and brings up just the wheel bar

I’ve also given a go with running popper in admin, without admin, fx3 admin and without. Honestly can’t even get it to sometimes work now. Pretty consistently not loading anything but wheel bar upon exiting emulator.

So genuinely baffled

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

does the wheelbar always come back and not the other screens?

when the wheelbar comes back… are you able to go next/prior and see the icons?

also,  press the ‘select’ menu key when you are back….see if menu/screens reppear

are you funning fx3 in exclusive? fs mode?   maybe its the mode fx3 is running?

windows can be a wild beast sometimes ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                fakingdeath
                                Participant
                                  @fakingdeath

does the wheelbar always come back and not the other screens?

when the wheelbar comes back… are you able to go next/prior and see the icons?

also, press the ‘select’ menu key when you are back….see if menu/screens reppear

are you funning fx3 in exclusive? fs mode? maybe its the mode fx3 is running?

windows can be a wild beast sometimes ;)

Wheel bar always come back but not other screens.

When it comes back I can navigate the menu and start/exit vpx or fx3 tables but regardless of what I start at that point only the wheel bar come back, as if fx3 had crashed the other screens or something

I’m not sure if I run fx3 fulls creek or not. Will check  now.

fakingdeath
                                  Participant
                                    @fakingdeath

Nailbuster. You did it.

In fx3 options I changed fx3 from fullscreen to borderless windowed and ALL problems solved.

Silly silly but it’s fixed. Thank you!

Now if I could find the vpinball loading screen video folder and have it play mine…

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Ray
                                    Participant
                                      @pritch33

Thanks for the info will try it out on the weekend. Anyone got info for also how to get FX2 running as well. greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ray

m0riarty
                                      Participant
                                        @m0riarty

i’m having extremely bazar results with starting and stopping.     (and the problems vary)  Right now, the game launches into the menu NOT the game (it was working before), and now it will not quit out of the game using the PinUp popper exit command (which it was working).

Previously it would quit out into Pinup Popper but the back glass of the previous FX3 game would be stuck on my monitor.

Its like every time I launch Pinup Popper and head to a game, there is a new issue.  its frustrating.

EDIT: Ok, i’ve gotten the Pinball FX3 to start with pinup popper, and exit with Poppers exit command…BUT none of the Pinup Poppers Playfield, DMD, and Backglass work anymore for any game.  In fact I’m just staring at my desktop.  I can use the wheel and select a game, but the whole front end media gets eliminated with Pinball FX 3

brutal

Cordsl
                                        Participant
                                          @cordsl

fakingdeath wrote:

Nailbuster. You did it.

In fx3 options I changed fx3 from fullscreen to borderless windowed and ALL problems solved.

Worked for me to, all disapearing screens work again.  Thanks :good:

falcon950
                                          Participant
                                            @falcon950

I dont know if anyone is still monitoring this thread but I just spent a week trying to fix this problem with no luck.  Just fixed it with the above solution. (Borderless Windowed)  Thank you so much, wish i had looked here sooner.  I was tearing my hair out!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?