Pinball Magic (Capcom 1995)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
      @carnypriest

courtesy of Steve Ellenoff. Yes, that guy!

Ooooo real VPM royalty. I’m a total hack compared to that guy.

And LOL at rothbauerw’s current project: Prepetual updates of Pinball Magic. #facts

Yes, thank him sometime not just for PinMAME but TPA and Nucore. He’s done it all!

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

not just for PinMAME but TPA

A-ha, that’s why we haven’t seen anything from him since a certain date.

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ll get an update out in the next two days with the new cards.  Draifet has already sent me a higher res image.  Then I’ll be out of pocket for the better part of three weeks.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Sven34
          Participant
            @sven34

Thank you for NEW Update  :good:

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw

• High resolution apron by Draifet (also thanks to CarnyPriest and Steve Ellenhoff)
              • Enhanced “Gameon” solenoid simulation.  Flippers, bumper, and slings disable on tilt, end of ball, and game over.  For DOF users, added E110 for left flipper and E111 for right flipper.  Users should replace S48 and S46 with E110 and E111 in the DOF Config Tool or contactors will fire anytime the flipper is pressed.
              • Added option to script to disable “Gameon” solenoid simulation should you have any issues with it (you shouldn’t, but just in case).
              • Minor visual and physics enhancement

3 users thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thanks roth :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

dammit roth, now I need to make more updates to Alien Star.. well OK not really.   :bye:

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I’ll take another alien update any day!

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

Found an interesting fact out about this table.  Apparently Capcom implemented a fix in the ROM to prevent the magnet coils from melting.  If you shoot “silence the critics” or “triple power play” and the wand diverter doesn’t open, the game is waiting for the magnet coils to cool down.  For “silence the critics” the game will automatically score and move to the next trick.  For “triple power play” your stuck shooting the ball around until enough time has passed and the diverter opens so you can complete the trick.

http://www.extraball.co.uk/games/pm/problems.php

CalleV
                      Participant
                        @callev

Nice work!

There is no way to get ball reflection?
                        checked my script cpu usage it was like 60% when ballshadow was on but when I took that away it was 23%.

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw

The table uses a raised playfield, so playfield reflections won’t work.

How did you disable ball shadows?  I think there are some other things in the ball shadow script for the table to work properly.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

that is weird I add ball and flipper shadows to every table that is released (and other crap) and have never seen a performance difference… even tho I have a low power machine…

playfield reflections on the other hand, on some tables are a killer… its only a handful that I turn them off…. but its a night and day difference on those tables

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

that is weird I add ball and flipper shadows to every table that is released (and other crap) and have never seen a performance difference… even tho I have a low power machine…

playfield reflections on the other hand, on some tables are a killer… its only a handful that I turn them off…. but its a night and day difference on those tables

Totally agree some tables I can not have it enabled either. But! I always blamed the backglass as the table would run fine without b2s

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

CalleV
                              Participant
                                @callev

I just commented the ballshadowupdate and sub out.
                                But it must be as someone said, that the sub includes more than just ballshadow as the script CPU get so much lower.
                                I will have another look. But I cant play the table with 60% script CPU usage..
                                But there must be some strange code making the scripts CPU to be so high.

CalleV
                                Participant
                                  @callev

Playfield reflection I have to turn off on all tables to manage my 120Hz.

rothbauerw
                                    @rothbauerw

The ball shadow script also does the eye animation. I tried commenting that out and don’t see any significant differences in the F11 script performance on my machine.

I’ll do some testing when I have some time and see if I can pinpoint anything.  In the meantime, if you could post a screenshot of your F11 performance numbers with and without the ball shadows commented, that would be helpful.

CalleV
                                    Participant
                                      @callev

Here are screendumps:

Attachments:
                                      rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw

Thank you.  Please find the UpdatesTimer timer in the editor and try changing that from “1” to “10”.  You could also try “-1”.  Let me know if that makes a difference.

CalleV
                                        Participant
                                          @callev

A lot less CPU in scripts when changing the timer to -1 or 10. Is this because I run in 120Hz? Will this change affect my table in any bad way?

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw

A lot less CPU in scripts when changing the timer to -1 or 10. Is this because I run in 120Hz? Will this change affect my table in any bad way?

You shouldn’t notice any difference in the game play and this timer should have used one of these values to begin with.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?