Pinball Magic vpx

• This topic has 52 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ozg.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

“Scripts/VPMKeys.vbs … search for FrontKey … Change keycode, example Key 2, set it to = 3, heres the Keycodes – List … ”

Thanks again Stat…..right clicking and edit did the trick…..in opening the file. I should of figured that out on my own.

So I found the Frontkey line and changed the 2 to3 just for the sake of trying something different but still was not able to get the buy-in to work hitting any of the keys on the keyboard.Ill be honest here….I have absolutely no idea how to interpret what I am looking at within the file. I also noticed in the capcom.vbs file buy-in is mentioned with an 11 next to the mention….no idea at all how to interpret that either.

Johngreve
      Participant
        @johngreve

“Did anyone figure out how to release the ball from the magic wand? I tried both flipper buttons (single or at once) but it didn’t work. I think on the real machine it is the right flipper button.”

I think that I am in the same boat as Mark70 here with respect to getting the ball to drop off the wand…I’ve tried doing this dozens of times and don’t really see anything happen when I press the flipper button as the ball rolls down the wand over the two holes. Is this a super critically timed shot to get it to work or is there some forgiveness here getting the ball to drop in one of the two holes? It all happens pretty fast and I can’t really detect the ball dropping off the wand. Is the ball drop really very visible or is it hard to tell that it drops at all if you miss?

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

I added wire ramp sounds, but these are not regular wire ramps and due to the positioning, the sound would be triggered by a hit event associated with the ball just passing underneath.

Quite frankly, it’s above my pay grade to figure this out.   So “No Sound For You, Come Back One Year!”  :(

Unclewilly
          Participant
            @unclewilly

1.3 all the community fixes plus sounds by aldiode

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

thanks for the update Boss.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Unclewilly
              Participant
                @unclewilly

1.3.1 batch’s desktop modifications
                ClarkKent’s revised physics and additional sound’s

1 user thanked author for this post.
                rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

@unclewilly, @dark (cuz I know you were interested in a silence the critics fix)

I did a little playing with this table today.  Here’s a link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8gp1bi86ljvvsr/Pinball%20Magic%20%28Capcom%201995%29%201.3.vpx?dl=0

I didn’t have 1.3.1 so I’ll try to capture the changes I made.  Please note, there are physics changes that are to my personal preference in this file.

• Fixed “Silence the Critics”.
                    • Added triggers “sw51” and “sw51a” and hit subs.  These are needed to activate the wand mag (adds a nice DOF effect too).
                    • Update right flipper sub to remove ramp19 collidable switching and moved instead to SolMag sub.
                    • Added flipper EOS switches to keydown and keyup subs according to manual.  Not sure they are necessary for dropping the ball, but I have not tested without these switches.
                    • Repositioned the CriticDiv wall to prevent occasional stuck ball.
                  • I was having issues with multiple balls entering the shooter lane so I changed the trough to use kickers (NFozzy’s design).  Seems a little more reliable, but still occasionally get an extra ball in the shooter lane.
                    • Redesigned under apron walls, removed switches, walls, and helper kicker, added kickers to hold balls in place in trough.
                    • Removed related code and updated with new code.
                    • Removed trigger1 from shooter lane and extended sw33.
                  • Added a knocker sound attached to Solenoid 8
                  • Added wall StageDiverter3 to prevent ball from entering the stage when float the ball is activated.
                    • Added code to drop on startup and switch state opposite of StageDiverter1.
                  • Repositioned sw52 and wall67 and added wall57 to fix the ball from flying off ramp12 and getting stuck behind the top hat.
                  • Primitive75 was too low and ball was catching.  Raised “Z” to 159.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                  RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

Awesome changes and fixes @rothbauerw thank you.

I tried again today to add metal rolling sounds to the wire ramps (& corkscrew tube).  I could add them, but getting them to stop at the right time, or to not cock up ball motion was far beyond me.  So if anybody out there is willing…….  :good:

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

Thanks for the updates rothbauerw! It’s really nice to finally be able to “silence the critics” love the way that feature works now.

I had a one time issue where the ball fell behind the shooter plunger spring and had to restart the game again to get it going. I was not able to repeat that again after quite a few games.

A big thanks to all who have worked on this table and of course to UncleWilly who made the table possible to begin with.

its such a fun table……I just play it and play it and play it. Takes quite a bit to finally be able to enter your initials…..for me anyway.

Unclewilly
                      Participant
                        @unclewilly

@unclewilly, @dark (cuz I know you were interested in a silence the critics fix) I did a little playing with this table today. Here’s a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8gp1bi86ljvvsr/Pinball%20Magic%20%28Capcom%201995%29%201.3.vpx?dl=0 I didn’t have 1.3.1 so I’ll try to capture the changes I made. Please note, there are physics changes that are to my personal preference in this file.

• Fixed “Silence the Critics”.
                          • Added triggers “sw51” and “sw51a” and hit subs. These are needed to activate the wand mag (adds a nice DOF effect too).
                          • Update right flipper sub to remove ramp19 collidable switching and moved instead to SolMag sub.
                          • Added flipper EOS switches to keydown and keyup subs according to manual. Not sure they are necessary for dropping the ball, but I have not tested without these switches.
                          • Repositioned the CriticDiv wall to prevent occasional stuck ball.
                        • I was having issues with multiple balls entering the shooter lane so I changed the trough to use kickers (NFozzy’s design). Seems a little more reliable, but still occasionally get an extra ball in the shooter lane.
                          • Redesigned under apron walls, removed switches, walls, and helper kicker, added kickers to hold balls in place in trough.
                          • Removed related code and updated with new code.
                          • Removed trigger1 from shooter lane and extended sw33.
                        • Added a knocker sound attached to Solenoid 8
                        • Added wall StageDiverter3 to prevent ball from entering the stage when float the ball is activated.
                          • Added code to drop on startup and switch state opposite of StageDiverter1.
                        • Repositioned sw52 and wall67 and added wall57 to fix the ball from flying off ramp12 and getting stuck behind the top hat.
                        • Primitive75 was too low and ball was catching. Raised “Z” to 159.

Thanks for this.  I’ll have an upload soon.  I have to incorporate your changes into a new version i have from clarkkent,  with updated playfield image,  more physics tweaks and a possible fix for the critics.

Will have it uploaded as soon as possible.

Laying out cftbl also for dark so I’m trying to balance my time

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Dark allows balance of time? I find that hard to believe Dark is a tough Boss! ;)

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Dark allows balance of time? I find that hard to believe Dark is a tough Boss! ;)

What me!?  I am but a humble servant! :P

3dcreation

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

Just to let everyone know, if you use the…

Redemption rom, the table won’t have many issues (the ball/wand mag. drop still sticks a bit but that’s about it). With the regular rom I have all sorts of issues, balls lost, too many balls, among other problems. Using the R rom, the ball will levitate the wrong way once in the first game, but then it will reset from then on (the up direction). Just add and r in the script so it looks like this “pmv112r”, after you download the correct rom.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?