Pinball related 3D Models for topper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

I’m currently working on my topper and looking for 3D models / toys / figurines that are pinball related… and I have to say, they are not easy to find.

Obviously anything MARVEL is easy, but I was hoping to find existing items more related to tables like Medieval Madness (castle or dragon), AFM (saucers), Fishtales (a fish.. der!) or Twilight Zone (mini gumball).

I’m about to resort to 3D printing some things, as I have found a pretty good saucer, dragon and even an Addams electric chair on Thingiverse, but if I could find “ready made” items I would rather do that, as they would most likely be stronger and also come pre-painted.

So… any pointers?  Anybody know of some items that may suit and where they are available from? I’m open to all suggestions…. except maybe a Playboy topper. I don’t think a big set of boobs hanging over the top of the cab would go down well with the wife.  :-(   …but I would love it! :good:

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

Oh… and speaking of 3D printing.  Could the actual 3D models from the VPX tables be extracted and used for printing? Exact replicas on what appears in the tables would be pretty cool.

EDIT: My bro-inlaw is currently working on a price for Braq.

I think he looks enough like the MedMad dragon.   I have two choices here…. print it myself as a jointed model on a single colour kinda “low end” printer, or let my bro-inlaw do it (in this pose only) in full colour on his “super high end” printer. He will add colour gradients too. It would be epic, but obviously more expensive :(

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

you sure can… this is Tom Towers “Bart” from Cactus Canyon I printed

jbg4208
          Participant
            @jbg4208

maybe one of these ??   :whistle:   ;-)  sorry Rusty, couldn’t help myself.

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

I printed the ghost from AMH and the low-poly alien models from AFM (and painted him, looks cool)

Punch it!

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

maybe one of these ?? :whistle: ;-) sorry Rusty, couldn’t help myself.

That’s just cruel :(

“MUM… JOSH IS PICKING ON ME AGAIN!!!”

lol

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

I printed the ghost from AMH and the low-poly alien models from AFM (and painted him, looks cool)

Pretty cool.  I’ll have a look at the tables tonight and see how I go about extracting some models.

freneticamnesic
                    @freneticamnesic
                    vipModeratorMember

Easy. Open the table in the editor, find the object you want and hit export in the options on the right. It saves an .obj file which is common enough that most 3d software recognizes it

Punch it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?