Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    ashleyb
    Participant
    @ashleyb

@mikedaspike This is a great app, makes media management so much easier. Would it be possible to add a feature to filter by machine type, either em or ss etc in a future release? I like to add the manufacturer logo to my dmd on EM machines to fill the empty space. Thanks again for this great utility.

@ashleyb Starting from release 1.5, we implemented an advanced search option. Now you can search specifically on every field. Even for blanks.

We hope you like this feature

@mikedaspike
    Thanks Mike, really great app.  Use it all of the time now.  Upgraded the dmd media on a bunch of my tables with version 1.5 just this afternoon.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    digable
    Participant
    @digable

This is awesome.  I was working on something similar to this but am glad to see you took it to a finished level.  I would recommend axing newtonsoft json for the built in .net json libraries as to limit the amount of 3rd party libraries needed to get this going.  If you want/need any help, please reach out.  My background is in cleaning/parsing/moving data.

Great job.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    robertms
    Participant
    @mophead

@mikedaspike @scutters thanks again for the continuous development of this software, it is a great improvement over the stock app. I really like the simplicity of the video creation aspect, however I noticed lately the video quality has decreased with recent PBX updates. It seems even on the latest PBX 4.32 video quality settings are pretty limited (see screenshot below) and the resulting file while small in size is pretty awful to look at. Do you guys have any tips on how to improve the quality of recordings? Any idea what would be required to take advantage of the recently added H265 option in PBX? I tried it but the resulting video is just a black screen. Any tips you could provide would be much appreciated.

PBX_video_rec_set

Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

@mikedaspike @scutters thanks again for the continuous development of this software, it is a great improvement over the stock app. I really like the simplicity of the video creation aspect, however I noticed lately the video quality has decreased with recent PBX updates. It seems even on the latest PBX 4.32 video quality settings are pretty limited (see screenshot below) and the resulting file while small in size is pretty awful to look at. Do you guys have any tips on how to improve the quality of recordings? Any idea what would be required to take advantage of the recently added H265 option in PBX? I tried it but the resulting video is just a black screen. Any tips you could provide would be much appreciated.

PBX_video_rec_set

Do You have a black screen in pbx or just when you look at it in our program ?

As player we just use Windows media player. By default it doesnt play H265.

Use this codec from the windows store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hevc-video-extensions-from-device-manufacturer/9n4wgh0z6vhq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

robertms
    Participant
    @mophead

Thanks for the reply @mikedaspike, I only checked in your program but now it makes sense why the preview wouldn’t show. I’m actually on Windows 7 so the above link unfortunately won’t work for me; can you recommend any reliable download source of the HEVC codec for Win7? Most of them look pretty shady.

Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

Well. Not sure about W7.
    EDIT: I googled this : not sure if it is really working for you : https://www.windows7codecs.com/
    I have my cab full running under W10 and the H265 codec on quality 21 looks pretty good for me (although, my eye are not that good as it was in the past :P ). And I record all on 4k playfield and fullhd backglass
    Maybe start a thread on the pinballX forum, so Tom Speirs can check your issue

digable
    Participant
    @digable

Great job with this.  I’m not sure if this is the proper way to suggest additions for the app but here it goes:

Could you add something to check for the altcolor folder and update the registry to use pin2dmd if there is a valid altcolor/pin2dmd file(s) in the folder?

I would also like to see it check for topper videos and have a button to enable all of the toppers if the media files are found.

thanks!

Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

Great job with this. I’m not sure if this is the proper way to suggest additions for the app but here it goes:

Could you add something to check for the altcolor folder and update the registry to use pin2dmd if there is a valid altcolor/pin2dmd file(s) in the folder?

I would also like to see it check for topper videos and have a button to enable all of the toppers if the media files are found.

thanks!

Of course a proper way to ask.

But, must be because I’m Dutch, but don’t  understand the dmd part. I have a pindmd3 and I doesn’t need a registry change for pindmd.pal in the altcolor folder. I just put them in the directory and the rom is coloured.

And a button to enable all toppers videos during gameplay ?

We just introduced default values for the checkboxes that a bit different, but its a start.

Will take it on the wishlist and @scutters and I will xheck whar we will include in the coming version. Not sure if a lot of people will use it

Edit : did you have more ideas ? You mentionef you wanted to create your own program, so maybe you have ideas what we never thought of

digable
    Participant
    @digable

By default (at least on mine) the DMD is set to the windows DMD and not the PinDMD.
    Example: in the registry location: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\acd_168hc –> showwindmd=1 and showpindmd=0.  If there was an altcolor folder with file you would switch those values to display it.  So, showwindmd=0 and showpindmd=1 .  I understand that this isn’t specifically for table media.

I was starting on something to find versions of the same table but with fewer players so i could disable those tables.  My original idea was to pull the playfield image, compare them to the rest, if its similar, pull the backglass image and figure the number of players.  Although, this could probably be done with meta data from ipdb.  I have code to scrape it and converts into JSON.

I would also integrate this to work with PinballY.  It has much of the same structure with additional fields.

I have over 800 tables with 200 or so disabled.  I update the vpin almost everyday.

Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

By default (at least on mine) the DMD is set to the windows DMD and not the PinDMD.
    Example: in the registry location: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\acd_168hc –> showwindmd=1 and showpindmd=0.  If there was an altcolor folder with file you would switch those values to display it.  So, showwindmd=0 and showpindmd=1 .  I understand that this isn’t specifically for table media.

If you run setup op Vpinmame, there is a “setup defaults”
    From here you can set the ‘Show SMS/Display windows ‘ (registry showwindmd) to uncheck and set ‘use external DMD (DLL)’ (registry showpindmd) to be checked.
    This results the values in the registry in ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\default’ and will use these settings for all new tables.
    In this default key , I also set direct3d to 0 to avoid some issues with tables (not sure what kind of issue, but know there was something with it B-) )
    So, I don’t understand why you only enable coloured roms to use your DMD

I was starting on something to find versions of the same table but with fewer players so i could disable those tables.  My original idea was to pull the playfield image, compare them to the rest, if its similar, pull the backglass image and figure the number of players.  Although, this could probably be done with meta data from ipdb.  I have code to scrape it and converts into JSON.

Not exactly sure why you try to accomplish with the playfield pictures matching.
    That’s why we grab the info from IPDB to get some meta data. With a fuzzy search it can match the IPDB data.
    It’s pretty fast and reliable (without using the backglass image scrape)

I have over 800 tables with 200 or so disabled.  I update the vpin almost everyday.

Welcome to the club :yahoo:  I update almost everyday my cab too (well .. that was before we start Database manager, now we only coding), but doesn’t have that many disabled tables. I have in total around 1200 tables (including FX3, Arcooda and VPX)

Mike DA Spike
    Participant
    @mikedaspike

@scutters did mostly all the work for this release.
    He had the idea of using the google sheet from Dux Retro and add it to the IPDB list for the original tables and to do a check if a newer version was available.
    Thanks mate for this wonderful release.

Please, if you download the program and you like it, please give as a 5 star rate on the download page.
    this will give me and @scutters the satisfaction of users that like our work    .

table version

nanuk
    Participant
    @nanuk

work like a charm been using this prog for months now

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Gramps
    Participant
    @gramps

Can you lead me to a comprehensive tutorial on installing PinballX?

NEVER MIND – I finally found it at Gameex.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Gramps.
    Chriss4198
    Participant
    @chriss4198

Hey all. Tried a bulk video import last night. Woke up this AM with all my monitor configurations messed up and my realdmdv3 not recognized. Got FX3, FP, and V9 up and running but VPX is totally a mess and realdmd still not working outside of ultra tables. Playfield on topper, backglass on playfield. Any ideas? At my wits end…

Attachments:
    scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

Hi Chriss4198.. i don’t think that was an issue with database manager, maybe one monitor/tv went to sleep and messed the positions up?. Anyway can you post it on the PinballX forum https://www.gameex.info/forums/forum/31-general/ and attach your log.txt and config.ini files?. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by scutters.
    Chriss4198
    Participant
    @chriss4198

Will do, thanks! Definitely not a problem with a sleeping monitor as my pindmd3 is no longer recognized on VPX games, etc…

Attachments:
Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW