Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I have successfully installed my first table, using Bam (Bubble Bobble) but am having some issues.

First, when I quit the table, PinballX doesn’t come back into focus.

Secondly, the play is slow and laggy. It isn’t exactly jerky, but slow and laggy is the best I can put it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

–J

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Sounds like your playing the table with the wrong version of *.exe or something.

VP9 tables have *.vpt extention – so does PM5 ( Physmod ) … so out of those two you need to look at the filename or download link for hints ( or use experience, I see it immediately ).

– *.vpx is for VP10 or VPX. Also, it is a known problem that on first time you start a table that uses a rom. You can almost expect to have a weird game. Exit and start again and its fine.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Future pinball plays slow and laggy don’t expect anything better assuming your running bam with proper physics even then it’s still not right but better.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I have the desktop version, though, and it isn’t like that.  It isn’t like Visual Pinball, but it isn’t this slow and laggy.  Why would the cabinet version be more slow and more laggy?  You’re saying I can’t fix it or do any better??

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

What about PinballX not coming back into focus?  It just shows the desktop when I quit the table??

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

for me Future pinball plays better in dt view then FS rotated but sounds like you just need to tweak the FP settings for your cabinet is all

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I just downloaded the SlamTilt 2.7 physics.  Another forum member mentioned that should speed things up.  I’m just getting ready to test it.

The bigger problem now is that when I exit the table, PinballX doesn’t come back into focus.  I have to alt-tab to get back to it because the desktop is showing.

I’d appreciate any suggestions on this as it’s quite frustrating to have to get out a keyboard on a cabinet like this. :)

Thanks,

–J

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

we would need to see a screenshot of your FP setings in PBX to even get started

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Here you go…

Attachments:
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

I just downloaded the SlamTilt 2.7 physics. Another forum member mentioned that should speed things up. I’m just getting ready to test it. The bigger problem now is that when I exit the table, PinballX doesn’t come back into focus. I have to alt-tab to get back to it because the desktop is showing. I’d appreciate any suggestions on this as it’s quite frustrating to have to get out a keyboard on a cabinet like this. :) Thanks, –J

Believe me – if you get hooked like me. The keyboards is never far away. There is always things to improve.

But, I have a advice for you. You’ve been going around on the forums posting problems trying to get everything working. I can relate, it’s not that. But, I will advice you to also take the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and then get back to it later on. Believe me, your cab will need maintenance also in the future.

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Thanks for the advice.  You’re right, I haven’t really played much yet, although I have played a little, because I’ve been trying to get everything working.

The only thing that is really set up on the cabinet is Visual Pinball and when I try to play those tables I have sticky flippers so they aren’t really playable.

I just got DofLinx set up and working and everything seems to be working with the Pinball FX2 tables, but those aren’t nearly as fun IMHO as Visual Pinball.

I’m not new to all this, as I’ve had the desktop versions and have been playing them for several months.  I’m just new to having a cabinet.

If I can get the Future Pinball tables to not lose focus when exiting and if I can get the Visual Pinball tables to not have sticky flippers, I’ll be good to go for a while and will enjoy playing the games.

I just feel I have a few more bugs to iron out before I can truly enjoy everything.

This is most definitely not a plug n play purchase and there is a lot of work I’ve already done and to be done, so anyone considering buying a cabinet from VPCabs needs to know it’s not ready to go out of the box and will require a lot of work.

Thanks for your input,

–J

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

I was told by folks on this forum before placing my order that I would learn a lot and it would be a lot of work.  Both things have turned out to be 100% true. :)

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Take one step at the time. Ok. you have decided to run FX2, FP and VP and PBX as a front-end. Forget the front-end. First get the underlying software to work. Choose one of these 3, focus on that and once you get it working. Enjoy it for a while. The cab will not go away unless you tire yourself out by trying to fix everything at once.

jevansoh
    Participant
    @jevansoh

Ok, I’ll take your advice.

My biggest problem right now is that Visual Pinball tables have sticky flippers.  There are more VP tables than anything else loaded on the cabinet now and those are the main ones I’d like to enjoy.  I think a lot of people agree out of the three systems I have loaded, FP, FX2, and VP, that VP is the best and most fun so I’d like to focus on that.

Should I start a new thread for this?

I don’t know where to begin.  I was given a little bit of advice and followed that, making sure VP was set to run as Admin and making sure the correct VP.exe file was used for the related tables and still have sticky flippers.

If I could get rid of this problem I could enjoy the cabinet for a bit. :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW