PinballX main screen loses focus

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Pinhead22
    Participant
      @pinhead22

Hi, I have googled this in search of a solution to no avail. I just set up my new virtual pin and everything is working great except PinballX randomly loses focus to another window and my buttons stop working until i grab a keyboard and alt-tab back to the correct window. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am lost on this. It loses focus to a screen named “Form1”.

Thanks for any help or direction!!!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

My suggestion. Look into either PinballY or Popper. Both are excellent and now better alternatives to PBX. It is more of a style thing I guess than anything else. If you love PBX, PBY is kind of the same but improved open source version of it. Popper, a whole different beast. Have both installed. Love them both for different reasons. What I don’t love about Popper isn’t poppers fault. I really hate round wheels, and all the good themes seems to expect that you do. Not going to make all the media myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Pinhead22
        Participant
          @pinhead22

Which would be an easier conversion? Pinball X to -Pinball Y or Popper? I really don’t want to start over with media, databases etc.. if i don’t have to.  Thanks and i appreciate your help!!

Thalamus
            @thalamus

PinballY by far. It notices that you have PBX installed and re-uses all the meta data. By default it is like this. Hey, you have PBX installed, should I re-use your tables ? You say – yes please and you’re done. Then you notice all the menus that adds things that PBX doesn’t have. And it is fast – very fast. Again. Popper is fast too. But, requires more work going from PBX.

Pinhead22
            Participant
              @pinhead22

Ok, that’s great! I have other systems setup in Pinball X, like Pinball FX3 – will that configure over as well? Thanks so much for your help!!

Thalamus
                @thalamus

That I don’t know. I don’t play those crap emulators on my pin. FX3 is close to deserve it, but, just close.

Pinhead22
                Participant
                  @pinhead22

lol – Ok. FX3 is pretty cool man. The new Williams additions were the only reason I tried it out and i am glad i did. I played Roadshow last night for a couple hours and loved it. Thanks for your help!

scutters
                  Participant
                    @scutters

Hi, I have googled this in search of a solution to no avail. I just set up my new virtual pin and everything is working great except PinballX randomly loses focus to another window and my buttons stop working until i grab a keyboard and alt-tab back to the correct window. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am lost on this. It loses focus to a screen named “Form1”.

If form1 is running in PinballX it sounds like Use B2S in Front End is to True in settings.exe, setting it to No might be a simple fix. Hard to say without logs etc.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Pinhead22
                    Participant
                      @pinhead22

If form1 is running in PinballX it sounds like Use B2S in Front End is to True in settings.exe, setting it to No might be a simple fix. Hard to say without logs etc.

That makes total sense. I will check that first. Thanks!!!

Pinhead22
                      Participant
                        @pinhead22

That fixed it. Now, just have to go find more backglass videos. Thanks for your help!!!!

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Pinball X has a recorder Built-in or you can use us

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11913

Pinhead22
                          Participant
                            @pinhead22

Pinball X has a recorder Built-in or you can use us

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11913

Nice!!! That helps tremendously!

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Really built-in to PBY – I really think you should give it a try.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?