PinBot (Williams 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

thanks @bord im downloading now! no idea how it could be looking better but we will see :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

thanks @bord im downloading now! no idea how it could be looking better but we will see :good:

All detail stuff, in the big picture it shouldn’t seem much different.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Oh I kind of hope not. It is a perfect table already. Has more playtime previous month than any – addams included. And, that my a BIG margin I should add.

Karlor
          Participant
            @karlor

Thanks for this true beauty of an iconic table. Thanks to everyone who toiled hour after hour over virtual soldering irons just to bring it to life.

I dont think we’ll be getting bord with it anytime soon.. heh heh .. ehhh :cry:

Erzak
            Participant
              @erzak

I think I may know the answer to my question, but will ask anyway :)

I have been trying this table, but using VPX 10.5. I also tried with 10.5 and the core.vbs from latest 10.6 beta. In both cases, balls can’t be trapped in the visor, so can never start multiball. I’m guessing there is some feature in 10.6 that is causing this issue?

Will have to update to 10.6 beta (latest?) and give it a try.

bord
                @bord

@erzak, you’re right. 10.6 is the minimum requirement. It introduced the ability to honor physical holes in a playfield instead of faking them. If you are using 10.5 the ball isn’t seeing any hole to fall through into the kicker cup.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

I feel bad that, as excited as I was for this table, I’m just getting around to playing and commenting.  I got my monitors set back up, updated my VP files and started going through some of my untouched tables about a week ago or so.

This one turned out really great.  It’s such a classic and I have memories of playing it in a boardwalk arcade in Myrtle Beach years ago on a trip with some friends.  I love the way the pinbot visor dome catches reflections when it moves… it looks so great.  I’m sure I will be playing this one a lot.

Thanks, bord.     :good:

knightrider
                  Participant
                    @knightrdrx

this is a really cool table. i just noticed for the first time the ball shows the scratches in such detail but also seems to roll slowly in place while waiting to be plunged. same for Jackbot which i figured.

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Bord,

I absolutely love this table. I read the thread since release 1.1. Is anyone else seeing a problem whereby the kicker in upper left hand corner sends the ball straight down the middle? Nudging won’t save it. I tried tweaking the kicker settings (orientation and scatter angle), but they don’t seem to correct the problem. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help!

:)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

I nudge the machine. If you NEED to cheat ( which I would call it ) – add a small invisible rubber or something ?

bord
                          @bord

Bord,

I absolutely love this table. I read the thread since release 1.1. Is anyone else seeing a problem whereby the kicker in upper left hand corner sends the ball straight down the middle? Nudging won’t save it. I tried tweaking the kicker settings (orientation and scatter angle), but they don’t seem to correct the problem. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help!

:)

It is perilous, although I don’t get STDM with an regularity. Should be a fairly conventional kicker up there. Surprised to hear changes in the script don’t do anything. Try increasing the kicker radius to something more conventional and see if that changes anything.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

It is dangerous, yes, that kicker. But, I would not have it any other way. It does NOT go STDM every time if I don’t nudge. But, I’ve learned that I should.

Ben Logan2
                            Participant
                              @benlogan2

I was making changes to kicker in editor box. Maybe I was tweaking the wrong values. What do I search the script for? SW53 (If I remember correctly)? I might be way off!

BrandonLaw
                              Participant
                                @brandonlaw

In for also paying attention to my ball and having to give the ol’ cab a whack sometimes! Keeps me on my toes.  If you don’t have nudge…thaaaaat would stink.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@benlogan2 : Yes, you need to use the script in order to change the kicker. I don’t have table in front of me, but, I have the script. It seems to be sw38. The last param that says 12 is the strength and the value in front, here 155 is the angle. Since I’m not in front of the table, you just have to figure out which kicker is the correct one yourself :)

Changing it in the editor, like you seem to be doing is the graphical representation of the kicker. Code is what controls it.

Ben Logan2
                                  Participant
                                    @benlogan2

Thanks for your help, Thalamus. I’ll try it tonight. :good:

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

Man, that all seems a bit drastic.  I just played it for about 1/2 hour.  My settings have it so I can nudge just after it pops out and get the ball to bounce of the right bumper post a bit.  Hold on – two just drained.  Great.  Thanks for jinxing me Ben.

lfan
                                      Participant
                                        @lfan

I use the VPX on desktop version and have the last release, 10.6. Only the table is loaded and playable, there aren’t background image and DMD visor. What could be wrong?

Thanks for this beauty and well made table!

arconovum
                                        Participant
                                          @nicholaschristopher
                                          MemberContributor

I use the VPX on desktop version and have the last release, 10.6. Only the table is loaded and playable, there aren’t background image and DMD visor. What could be wrong?

I’m not sure you are using the FSS version. FSS is not desktop it is portrait mode only.

lfan
                                          Participant
                                            @lfan

I’m not sure you are using the FSS version. FSS is not desktop it is portrait mode only.

I’m using the version 1.1 downloaded here (1554570577_PinBot-Williams-19861.1-Bord).

IMG_20200419_194145515

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 171 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?