PinDmd3 custom table color files?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    uturnweb
    Participant
      @uturnweb

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Hey guys I just installed my pindmd3. The default color for all tables is like orange and blue. Where do I get the correct color files for say AFM and CFTBL etc? I don’t even know what to search for hehe.</p>

also, is there a backglass file that doesn’t display the dmd/speaker panel? Obviously I have a real one now, so the duplicate in the backglass is silly.

thank you guys!

grant

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
      Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Asked and been replied for what seems a million times. Ask google for altcolor and visual pinball. I might care if I see some effort being made by yourself first.

uturnweb
        Participant
          @uturnweb

Well, I must be slow or something. I see a bunch of posts from you all over trying to help people. I see Freezy’s repo with the extension, I see the creation of altcolor and the rom name dir and the vni and pal files..  But I still don’t see the individual pal and vni files for the actual tables. Where are the pal/vni? And what became of the support for pindmd3, the readme in the repo makes it look like it has support..  Feel like I hit a deadend

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
          Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

How to remove the grill in a directB2S file is a very basic question. I’ll leave it to you to do more research so that you may understand the fundamentals.

vmi support for pindmd3 is bleeding edge tech. The capability only came around a couple of days ago, so it would be understandable that you may not know where to find projects. However, you will need to do some reading/research on Pin2DMD and freezy’s dmddevice.dll.

There are some projects here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/95-color-rom-patches/

And I have a tally of game code modifications here (including an AFM work-in-progress):

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2380-list-of-vpm-rom-remixes-and-mods/

I’m not aware of any full colorization projects for CFTBL although there are some suggestions for how to change the palette from monochrome to four different shades. Note don’t look to ColorDMD. They will never support virtual pinballs.

Good luck.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Well. At least it looks like you’ve made an effort :) So, ok. At the release of freezy’s 1.7.0 dmdext now supports vni thanks to DjRobX. So you have to go to VPU and read about the coloring stuff that has been made and has been up til now more or less exclusive to pin2dmd users. With 1.7.0 hardware dmd users like pindmd3 AND virtual ones ( read lcd ) works.

My recommendation is that you install pinup popper like Terry explains in his excellent guide. http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinup-player-video-tutorials-for-setup-and-install-for-all-systems/. That makes you ready for all the cool stuff that is happening. The only change you need to do after that is to replace Freezy’ dll with a updated 1.7.0 and do some small streps that Terry already have mentioned several places including vpf http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36915&p=408588

Here is the sub forum where most of the color info exists http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/138-pin2dmd-dmd-colorization-works-in-progress/

DjRobX just shared his and Malenkos work here for WCS https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSATRWXJHxkcAOF75MmtrqHPJzpOXveN/view?usp=sharing

Provided you do all this and put the two files he provides in \xxx\vpinmame\altcolor\wpc_l2 – change settings for the rom to use external dll and tick the color box you should be up and running with a beautiful colored dmd.

uturnweb
              Participant
                @uturnweb

Thank you Thalamus.

ok, so the VNI file has to exist for a given table for this to work? WCS works with those two files, but I have other tables with only a .PAL file that only seem to work in VPM Test, but not when launched from PinballX.

I will continue reading :)

uturnweb
                Participant
                  @uturnweb

I take that back, it does work from the Pinball X front end, but the blacks on the dmd appear to be green. Is there a default “background” color I can set to black?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

VNI or patched colored roms for full emulation yes. Don’t understand what you mean by blacks being green. Picture ?

You can use single pin2dmd.pal files, but, those do more or less the same as if pin2dmd.pal file doesn’t exist and you change the default colors yourself. Advantage of using it is that if you take a regular backup they are not lost. People seems to forget to take backup of their registry so dmd positions and colors ++ gets lost.

There are a few tables where just using a single pin2dmd.pal file actually looks not that bad.

uturnweb
                    Participant
                      @uturnweb

Thanks for the info. Here are examples of my DMD. AFM has colorization set, external display, with a .PAL file in the altcolor dir with correct romname. You’ll see it has a green background instead of black.  The second game CC does not use colorization, and you’ll see the background is black. So I don’t think it is the DMD.

Another interesting thing, when I exit Pinball X, the DMD remains lit with score etc.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

I admit. That looks just wrong. I can’t recall seeing anyone having those issues. Here is pic of how it looks like here.

Attachments:
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I don’t have a pindmd3 but something must be wrong with the colorized setup if non color is working fine. Triple check your files

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

You can also enable Freezys dll on your backglass screen,  the colors displayed on Freezys dll should match the colors on your pindmd3 device.

if the colors on Freezys dll are bad and they match your pindmd3 device you know that the color set up is bad

if the colors on Freezys dll are correct but bad on your pindmd3 device then you know that your pindmd3 set up is bad

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

uturnweb
                            Participant
                              @uturnweb

So I ran a couple of tests against Freezy’s and the pinDMD3. These are results.
                              TLDR: Some tables work perfect. So possibly I need .VNI + .PAL for ATF & CFTBL in these test cases? Because currently I only have .PAL files for these tables.

CFTBL:
                              Freezys: Green background
                              PinDMD3: Green background

AFM:
                              Freezys: Black Background
                              PinDMD3: Green Background

TOTAN (perfect):
                              Freezys: Black background
                              PinDMD3: Black Background

TSPP (perfect):
                              Freezys: Black background
                              PinDMD3: Black background

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

I haven’t seen a color mod for CTFBL. Maybe it exists ?! AFM, yes, I pointed you to a file where there is a pal and a vni that goes together. That is why mine look good ;)

uturnweb
                                Participant
                                  @uturnweb

Gotchya. ok thanks for clearing that up! Indeed some look beautiful with just the .PAL file. Total looks amazing

32assassin
                                  Participant
                                    @32assassin

if you are getting a green background  its more then likely that a green background was given to the PAL file.

if you find a pal with a color scheme you do not like you can either

download the PIN2DMD master install file and use the PAL editor to update your PAL file

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2436-pin2dmd-colorprism-v20-firmware/

this is my CTBL pal file and I don’t see a black color for the background

ca

or

you can remove the PAL file from your alt folder and use the the PINMAME colors

Capture-3

a Pal file is the format PIN2DMD hardware uses, it was adapted to be used for LCD and pindmd3 users with Freezys dll,

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?