Pindmdv3 getting stuck in browsing and attract mode

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rombo Deadfish
    Participant
      @rombodeadfish

When in attract mode or browsing tables manually my pindmdv3 gets stuck and keeps displaying the same static image.  To resolve this, I just launch a game and then exit out.  I noticed one game in particular that it hangs up on (Pinball Magic), so I removed the mp4 and it still got stuck on the default png.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Updated freezy and firmware ? What frontend are you using ? Not enough info provided.

Rombo Deadfish
        Participant
          @rombodeadfish

Updated freezy and firmware ? What frontend are you using ? Not enough info provided.

I am using the latest version of PinUp Popper, Freezy is 1.8 and my pindmdv3 firmware was updated within the past month.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro last Sunday and set everything up from scratch, and except for the DMD attract mode issue, everything else works fine.  Prior to last Sunday I was using Windows 8.1 with an older build of Pinball X, I think version 2.50, and didn’t have this issue.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Downgrade your pbx or pick another frontend is my advice then. PBY as I’m using myself is known to work. For the few tables I’ve got in Popper, they work too.

Rombo Deadfish
            Participant
              @rombodeadfish

Downgrade your pbx or pick another frontend is my advice then. PBY as I’m using myself is known to work. For the few tables I’ve got in Popper, they work too.

I am not using PBX.  I just setup over 300 VPX tables in PinUp popper, so at this point going to another front end isn’t really an option.  I am looking for a solution to PinUp Popper locking up the pindmdv3 display.

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

pinup doesn’t ‘know’ what your dmddevice.dll is using (virtual/pindmd3/pin2dmd)… etc  it just sends frames to dmddevice.dll

so to test/see if its software config or hardware issue.  turn off pindmdv3 in dmddevice.ini and set virtual=true (put the test virtual dmd somewhere you can see it for now)….  if it works with virtual ok then you are all setup fine with pinup, and need to focus on the hardware/driver/dmd stuff.

there’s hundreds of people using realdmd with popper… no need to look at changing frontend.

Rombo Deadfish
                Participant
                  @rombodeadfish

pinup doesn’t ‘know’ what your dmddevice.dll is using (virtual/pindmd3/pin2dmd)… etc it just sends frames to dmddevice.dll

so to test/see if its software config or hardware issue. turn off pindmdv3 in dmddevice.ini and set virtual=true (put the test virtual dmd somewhere you can see it for now)…. if it works with virtual ok then you are all setup fine with pinup, and need to focus on the hardware/driver/dmd stuff.

there’s hundreds of people using realdmd with popper… no need to look at changing frontend.

Thanks for your response to my issue.

I did as you asked and it gets stuck in the virtual DMD as well.  Any insight on your behalf would be greatly appreciated.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

What I would do is to clean all files related to dmddevice.* from your vp subfolders. Take care of dmddevice.ini and put it away for safe keeping. Then run the 1.8 installer – 32bit that freezy provided. Put then back the dmddevice.ini – into vpinmame – overwriting the one that the installer placed there.

Rombo Deadfish
                    Participant
                      @rombodeadfish

What I would do is to clean all files related to dmddevice.* from your vp subfolders. Take care of dmddevice.ini and put it away for safe keeping. Then run the 1.8 installer – 32bit that freezy provided. Put then back the dmddevice.ini – into vpinmame – overwriting the one that the installer placed there.

The issue still exists.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Hmm. That’s odd. Unfortunately. I’m out if ideas, except maybe checking permissions. Don’t set anything to run as admin.

Rombo Deadfish
                        Participant
                          @rombodeadfish

Hmm. That’s odd. Unfortunately. I’m out if ideas, except maybe checking permissions. Don’t set anything to run as admin.

Nothing is set as run as admin.  When the DMD locks up, if I exit out of popper it clears.  This would seem to be a player issue.   This was a clean install of everything including Windows 10 Pro a week ago from last Sunday.

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

strange.  i would manually go into your popmedia folders and make sure there aren’t any rogue media files like animated GIFs. or flvs?

popper doctor also has a test all images/media functions…. maybe some bad media is stopping the player.

when its ‘stuck’ and you move games.  alt-tab and see if the popscreen1 window (thats what it mirrors) is updating.

also make sure you’re using v1.4.4 pup (zip has pupdmdcontrol.exe in there that goes into vpinmame).

Rombo Deadfish
                            Participant
                              @rombodeadfish

strange. i would manually go into your popmedia folders and make sure there aren’t any rogue media files like animated GIFs. or flvs?

popper doctor also has a test all images/media functions…. maybe some bad media is stopping the player.

when its ‘stuck’ and you move games. alt-tab and see if the popscreen1 window (thats what it mirrors) is updating.

also make sure you’re using v1.4.4 pup (zip has pupdmdcontrol.exe in there that goes into vpinmame).

I found that there we some duplicate video files as when I would download a replacement through the media manager it wouldn’t remove the previous file if the extension was different.  I also saw some files with a size of 0.  Any remaining videos that it hung on I deleted and recorded myself on the virtual dmd.  Last thing that I did was install a codec pack from my previous setup that was required for PBX recorder.  Now it has been running in attract mode for about 15 hours without locking up the DMD.
                              Thanks for your help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?