Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

sir i have read every tutorial , i have the right files, but my problem is when i am trying to edit the  two scripts ( PinEvent_Settings and PinEvent_PUPDMD) i dont understand where is the exactly area to put my option

please see

93429363_1095756977478335_2910742771503464448_n

93771252_1002796796834918_6089944209010196480_n

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

93823064_1331473923715825_570882392944803840_n

STOP!

The instructions told you exactly what you need to edit for your setup of PinEvent.

You ONLY edit the PinEvent_Settings.vbs… NOT the other files!

The PinEvent_Settings.vbs tells you exactly what you need to change. Read everything that files tells you.

You edit each of the PinEvent features in each of the profiles for pup, dof, ssf, etc. These are set to true or false.

In the PUPDMD Default Settings, you need to set your pupdmddrivertype.

For your cabinet that would be option 0   (LCD DMD 4:1)

The rest you shouldn’t need to touch at all, and should work fine the way they were set.

Again….you ONLY edit the PinEvent_Settings.vbs… NOT the other files!

Beyond this… you need to be able to read and follow all the instructions for each table and it’s pup-pack, as there are specific options you need to pick for each table.

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

what i am missing , still the same error ”variable is undefined: pDMDSetPage ”

please be patient with mystupidity ,i will go crazy

‘ //////////////////// PinEvent SETTINGS ////////////////////

‘ By TerryRed
    ‘ Version: 1.3
    ‘ April – 2020

‘ The PinEvent_Settings.vbs file is where the user’s default PinEvent settings are set for DOF, PUP, PUP_SSF, PUPDMD, and Nightmode.

‘ You need to change the settings in these sections, based on your needs:

‘ PinEvent PROFILES
    ‘ PUPDMD Default Settings
    ‘ DOF Settings
    ‘ SSF Settings
    ‘ NIGHT MODE

‘ ############### PinEvent PROFILES ###############

‘ – set what features you use to true and what you don’t use to false in EVERY profile you would use
    ‘ – you MUST set “useFP_Sounds = False” (no FP mechanical sounds) if you need “usePUP_SSF = True” (use PUP SSF for mechanical sounds)
    ‘ – you don’t want to have useFP_Sounds and PUP_SSF to both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!

‘ Night Mode Options are: 1 = Future Pinball Sound 2 = PUP SSF Sound

‘*** Desktop: Profile 1 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 1 then
    usePUP = false
    usePUP_SSF = false
    usePUPDMD = false
    useDOF = false
    useFP_Sounds = true
    NightModeOption = 1
    AddDebugText “PinEvent – Desktop Profile”
    End if

‘*** Cabinet: Profile 2 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then
    usePUP = true
    usePUP_SSF = false
    usePUPDMD = true
    useDOF = true
    useFP_Sounds = true
    NightModeOption = 1
    AddDebugText “PinEvent – Cabinet Profile”
    End if

‘*** VR: Profile 3 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 3 then
    usePUP = false
    usePUP_SSF = false
    usePUPDMD = false
    useDOF = true
    useFP_Sounds = true
    NightModeOption = 1
    AddDebugText “PinEvent – VR Profile”
    End if

‘*** Custom 1: Profile 4 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 4 then
    usePUP = true
    usePUP_SSF = false
    useDOF = true
    usePUPDMD = true
    useFP_Sounds = true
    NightModeOption = 1
    AddDebugText “PinEvent – Custom 1 Profile”
    End if

‘*** Custom 2: Profile 5 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 5 then
    usePUP = true
    usePUP_SSF = false
    usePUPDMD = true
    useDOF = true
    useFP_Sounds = true
    NightModeOption = 1
    AddDebugText “PinEvent – Custom 2 Profile”
    End if

‘############### PUPDMD Default Settings ###############

PuPDMDDriverType = 0 ‘ 0 = LCD DMD (4:1), 1 = Real DMD, 2 = FULL DMD (16:9 fullsize screen)
    useDMDVideos = true ‘ true or false to use DMD splash videos. (false may be preferred for real DMDs that are monochrome)
    useRealDMDScale = 0 ‘ 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. (for Real DMDs only. If enabled, useDMDVideos should be set to False!)

‘Note: useRealDMDScale may not work nicely for all tables.
    ‘ If a table doesn’t look correct, then disable this option in the table script!
    ‘ It’s best to keep this set to 0 by default.

‘LCD DMD is for a normal DMD sized pup display (4:1 ratio)
    ‘Real DMD is for those who use a real DMD.
    ‘Full DMD is a 16:9 ratio fullsize pup display

‘############### DOF Settings ###############

‘ Set what will be used for DOF (Direct Output Framework) mechanical feedback for pinball cabinets

useFlipper_DOF = true
    useSlingshot_DOF = true
    useBumper_DOF = true
    useSolenoid_DOF = true
    useDropTarget_DOF = true
    useDropTargetReset_DOF = true
    useTarget_DOF = true
    useKnocker_DOF = true
    useChime_DOF = true
    useBell_DOF = true
    useShaker_DOF = true
    useGear_DOF = true
    useFan_DOF = true

‘############### SSF Settings ###############

‘ Set what will be used for PUP SSF (surround sound feedback)

useFlipper_SSF = false
    useSlingshot_SSF = false
    useBumper_SSF = false
    useSolenoid_SSF = false
    useDropTarget_SSF = false
    useDropTargetReset_SSF = false
    useTarget_SSF = false
    useKnocker_SSF = false
    useChime_SSF = false
    useBell_SSF = false
    useShaker_SSF = false
    useGear_SSF = false
    useFan_SSF = false

‘############### NIGHT MODE ###############

‘ When Night Mode is enabled, the DOF noise makers (solenoids,etc) are disabled to
    ‘ keep your sleeping spouse happy at night! (this feature is meant for cabinet users)

‘ Set what key you will use to Toggle Night mode. Consult the Future Pinball manual to know what the keycodes are. Example: 36 = J key

NightModeKey = 36

‘ //////////////////////////////// END OF PINEVENT SETTINGS ////////////////////////////////

If PuPDMDDriverType = 0 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 0 LCD DMD”
    If PuPDMDDriverType = 1 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 1 REAL DMD”
    If PuPDMDDriverType = 2 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 2 FULL DMD”

‘############### READ BELOW FOR A DESCRIPTION OF EACH PINEVENT SETTING ###############

‘ usePUP

‘ – set to True to use any Pinup Player features.

‘ usePUP_SSF

‘ – set to True to use Pinup Player Surround Sound Feedback for the game’s mechanical sounds.
    ‘ – usePUP must also be set to True to use PUP SSF

‘ usePUPDMD

‘ – set to True to use Pinup Player for PUPDMD features (4:1 LCD DMD, Real DMD, or 16:9 LCD Full DMD)
    ‘ – usePUP must also be set to True to use PUPDMD

‘ Set all PuP options to False if Pinup Player is not installed, or not being used.

‘ useDOF

‘ – set to True if you have a pinball cabinet with DOF feedback and lighting.
    ‘ – set to False for normal Desktop setups, (or if DOF is not installed / used)

‘ useFP_Sounds

‘ – set to True to use Future Pinball for the game’s mechanical sounds. (this is normal Future Pinball sound which only plays in stereo L/R channels)
    ‘ – set to True if you are playing on a normal desktop setup.

‘ You MUST set useFP_Sounds = False (no FP mechanical sounds) if usePUP_SSF = True (use PUP_SSF for mechanical sounds)
    ‘ (you can’t have FP and PUP_SSF both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!)

‘ NightModeOption – this option sets what will play the pinball mechanical sounds when Night Mode is enabled.
    ‘ – you need to set this for each PinEvent_Profile

‘ Night Mode Options are:

‘ 1 = Future Pinball sound
    ‘ 2 = PUP SSF sound

‘ ####################################################################################

‘ HOW PINEVENT WORKS

‘ – the table will load the PinEvent_Variables.vbs and then PinEvent_Settings.vbs file to load a specific PinEvent Profile’s settings. This is based on what PinEvent Profile is set in the table script (0-5)
    ‘ – by default the table is set to Autodetect (0), and will choose a PinEvent Profile based on what mode Future Pinball is using (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR)
    ‘ – PinEvent will then load PinEvent_Control.vbs and check to see if DOF and PuP are installed.
    ‘ – if they are not installed, then the DOF and PuP features are disabled and their commands are bypassed (the table will operate like a normal Future Pinball table).
    ‘ – if PUPDMD is enabled, then PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs is loaded
    ‘ – if detected and enabled, a DOF session is started, and the PuP-Pack is started
    ‘ – the table will now play and trigger and control DOF / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD if enabled

‘ Custom Settings on a Per-Table Basis

‘ – a PinEvent table’s script has a “PinEvent Custom Settings for this table only” section.
    ‘ – this can be used to override the PinEvent settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file.
    ‘ – this is only if needed for custom settings on a per table basis.
    ‘ – an example would be if the table doesn’t offer your preferred PUPDMD feature, or you need to use a different PUPDMD setting for a specific table.

‘ Pinup Player features and PuP-Packs

‘ – if you are using any Pinup Player features, you will need to edit the table’s PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, to enable/disable only what you use (PUPDMD, Topper videos, SSF)

‘ DOF (Direct Output Framework)

‘ – if you are using DOF in a cabinet for feedback and lighting, you will need to update your DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website (to retrieve the PinEvent table’s DOF config)

please check it and tell me me mistake

TerryRed
    @terryred

You should have started by telling us your error.

Where did you copy the 4 PinEvent vbs files? Show me a pic of exactly where you copied them.

Also, show me a pic of the COM Extensions plug-in working in BAM plug-ins menu.

If those weren’t done correctly then you will get that error.

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

93775439_221702028927767_6200830858614538240_n

94102162_548126629191867_1509728476817522688_n

TerryRed
    @terryred

Does the COM Extension plug-in show up in BAM plug-in menu?

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

sorry for the bad photos

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

yes i can see it

TerryRed
    @terryred

Try moving the 4 pinevent vbs files to your tables folder and see of that works.

Everytime you try to load a table, you must exit FP and open it again.

The problem is its not loading the vbs files correctly, or COM Extensions isnt working.

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

93630872_643833366456619_8048164827417280512_n

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

still the same problem :-(

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

if you want sir check with teamviewer, i am desperate

TerryRed
    @terryred

still the same problem :-(

Put the vbs files back.

Make sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Administrator.

If FPLoader.exe was Run as Administrator, try disabling that.

If FPLoader.exe was NOT Run as Administrator, then try enabling it.

Be sure your UAC User Account Control settings in Windows is set to the bottom.

You may have something on your system or a setting with security stopping the files from being loaded.

That error indicates the vbs files are NOT being loaded, or COM Extensions is being restricted.

I don’t do TeamViewer… or I wouldn’t have a life with all the people who ask for help. It’s why I do install instructions and videos.

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

trying running as admin another error

93500801_1300253080169370_3701909102142685184_n

TerryRed
    @terryred

trying running as admin another error

93500801_1300253080169370_3701909102142685184_n

Be sure you are fully updated with the newest BAM. PinEvent tables requires it.

Beyond that… if the files are installed properly… then its something with your FP setup, or some other setting in Windows causing problems.

Normally just having FP installed and setup properly and BAM fully updated, and installing the PinEvent files will make the table work. you don’t even need pup or dof installed for only the table to work.

Beyond that… if isn’t working… something else on your system is the problem, or you don’t have FP and BAM properly installed and setup.

mavritanos
    Participant
    @mavritanos

sir thanks for your time , tomorrow i will take from the beginning

TerryRed
    @terryred

sir thanks for your time , tomorrow i will take from the beginning

If you haven’t done so…. consider going here to make sure FP and BAM is properly setup first.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

goodGRIEFF76
    Participant
    @goodgrieff76

For some reason, after installing and updating files for PinEvent, the DMD no longer displays for all of my VPX tables.  Both the Playfield and Backglass displays but the table still won’t run and then after I close the table the VPX window won’t close right away and after clicking the X several times it says VPX is no longer responding.   Would anyone know where I might start to look to fix this issue?

TerryRed
    @terryred

For some reason, after installing and updating files for PinEvent, the DMD no longer displays for all of my VPX tables. Both the Playfield and Backglass displays but the table still won’t run and then after I close the table the VPX window won’t close right away and after clicking the X several times it says VPX is no longer responding. Would anyone know where I might start to look to fix this issue?

PinEvent is a Future Pinball installation that has nothing to do with or has any impact on VPX, DOF, B2S server, PinMAME, dmdext, PuP or UltraDMD at all whatsoever.

It’s 4 vbs files in a Future Pinball folder and a BAM plug-in.

In fact PinEvent is extremely minimal compared to all the above components involved with VPX.

You will have to figure out what else you may have done in the process as installing PinEvent will have no affect on anything to do with VPX.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    goodGRIEFF76
    Participant
    @goodgrieff76

For some reason, after installing and updating files for PinEvent, the DMD no longer displays for all of my VPX tables. Both the Playfield and Backglass displays but the table still won’t run and then after I close the table the VPX window won’t close right away and after clicking the X several times it says VPX is no longer responding. Would anyone know where I might start to look to fix this issue?

PinEvent is a Future Pinball installation that has nothing to do with or has any impact on VPX, DOF, B2S server, PinMAME, dmdext, PuP or UltraDMD at all whatsoever.

It’s 4 vbs files in a Future Pinball folder and a BAM plug-in.

In fact PinEvent is extremely minimal compared to all the above components involved with VPX.

You will have to figure out what else you may have done in the process as installing PinEvent will have no affect on anything to do with VPX.

Roger that Terry, thanks !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW