Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Cherga
    Participant
    @cherga

Thanks for modernizing FP, Terry. I’m having issues with your sample Pinup script to disable DOFLinx for Pinevent tables. I’ve copied and added it to my script and have run DOFLinx in debug mode. My config is setup using all the recommended install locations and paths. When I start a Pinevent table in Pinup it does not pass the initial pause command to DOFLinx. I have NO_DOFLINX in Custom var 3 in Game Manager but to no avail. What does work is the following:

cd C:\DirectOutput
    CMD /C DOFLinxMsg.exe HOLD_ACTIVATION=1

I don’t want to pause all FP tables, only Pinevent tables. Below is a copy of my launch script with the sample for Pinevent tables provided. Am I missing something? Thanks!

rem          FUTURE DMD. Remove “rem” on next 2 lines if you are using FutureDMD. Change the directory to where you have FutureDMD installed.

cd “c:\games\Future Pinball”
    START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]”  close=1
    START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Future Pinball”
    rem   This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).
    START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

cd /d c:\directoutput
    if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLINX” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

Cherga
    Participant
    @cherga

Another question… I’m using an LCD DMD with a default running res of 1200×600. Since Pinevent requires 4:1, is there somewhere in Pinup to set the DMD to 1200×300 ONLY for Pinevent games? Thanks again.

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

Another question… I’m using an LCD DMD with a default running res of 1200×600. Since Pinevent requires 4:1, is there somewhere in Pinup to set the DMD to 1200×300 ONLY for Pinevent games? Thanks again.

Custom PinUP Player Layout
    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_pack_layout

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

You probably tried copying the Popper code for DOFLinx from the Support Topic “TAB”. The website cuts off part of that text.

That code if used exactly will work. Try going to this link and copying the text again to get all of it:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/

That said… and easy solution for Popper and all front-ends is to setup a PinEvent only emulator and then disable what you need to from the PinEvent emulator, and enable what you need to from the FP emulator.

For your  pup DMD.

You should be running a 1200 x 300 pup dmd display size for your DMD all the time, as ALL PUPDMD based tables in FP and VPX require that to work correctly. I cannot state this clearly enough.

That said… you can use a custom pinupplayer.ini setup for your pup dmd to be 1200×300 and copy that ini to each PinEvent pup-pack folder. When the pup-pack starts, that ini will be used instead of your default ini.

goodGRIEFF76
    Participant
    @goodgrieff76

For some reason, after installing and updating files for PinEvent, the DMD no longer displays for all of my VPX tables. Both the Playfield and Backglass displays but the table still won’t run and then after I close the table the VPX window won’t close right away and after clicking the X several times it says VPX is no longer responding. Would anyone know where I might start to look to fix this issue?

PinEvent is a Future Pinball installation that has nothing to do with or has any impact on VPX, DOF, B2S server, PinMAME, dmdext, PuP or UltraDMD at all whatsoever.

It’s 4 vbs files in a Future Pinball folder and a BAM plug-in.

In fact PinEvent is extremely minimal compared to all the above components involved with VPX.

You will have to figure out what else you may have done in the process as installing PinEvent will have no affect on anything to do with VPX.

After further research I’ve narrowed it down to freezy for my VPX issue.  If i uncheck the use external DMD (.dll) it works fine again, but if I run a table with that checked now, the DMD doesn’t show up and the playfield and backglass show but are frozen.  Then once I quite that table VPX freezes up and becomes no responsive.  So I noticed this happened after setting up PinEvent, which you state has nothing to do with VPX, but does the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 update you outlined update .NET?  And does .NET have any impact on the DMDdevice.dll ?

Thanks in advance!

TerryRed
    @terryred

For some reason, after installing and updating files for PinEvent, the DMD no longer displays for all of my VPX tables. Both the Playfield and Backglass displays but the table still won’t run and then after I close the table the VPX window won’t close right away and after clicking the X several times it says VPX is no longer responding. Would anyone know where I might start to look to fix this issue?

PinEvent is a Future Pinball installation that has nothing to do with or has any impact on VPX, DOF, B2S server, PinMAME, dmdext, PuP or UltraDMD at all whatsoever.

It’s 4 vbs files in a Future Pinball folder and a BAM plug-in.

In fact PinEvent is extremely minimal compared to all the above components involved with VPX.

You will have to figure out what else you may have done in the process as installing PinEvent will have no affect on anything to do with VPX.

After further research I’ve narrowed it down to freezy for my VPX issue. If i uncheck the use external DMD (.dll) it works fine again, but if I run a table with that checked now, the DMD doesn’t show up and the playfield and backglass show but are frozen. Then once I quite that table VPX freezes up and becomes no responsive. So I noticed this happened after setting up PinEvent, which you state has nothing to do with VPX, but does the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 update you outlined update .NET? And does .NET have any impact on the DMDdevice.dll ?

Thanks in advance!

The PinEvent files….

the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 update…

.NET updates…

….all have nothing to do with dmddeice.dll or PuP itself.

Those are Microsoft OS updates, that are required by many programs.

I just updated those last night on my cabinet to be sure…. and everything (VPX, FP, PinEvent, dmdext, all PuP-Packs) still works fine for me.

Given that there are almost 400 downloads of PinEvent… if they did somehow cause a problem, we would have seen more people with the same issues.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    goodGRIEFF76
    Participant
    @goodgrieff76

OK, thank you for the confirmation that wouldn’t have been a cause for this issue.

I’m just at a loss as I’ve deleted everything (VPX, dmdext, FP, Popper) and started from scratch and I’m still having the same issue.  After doing all that, what could be causing an issue like this to persist?

TerryRed
    @terryred

OK, thank you for the confirmation that wouldn’t have been a cause for this issue.

I’m just at a loss as I’ve deleted everything (VPX, dmdext, FP, Popper) and started from scratch and I’m still having the same issue. After doing all that, what could be causing an issue like this to persist?

I honestly can’t give you an answer. It sounds like from the beginning you had underlying problems on your system.

Beyond that… it could be Windows Defender or Antivirus… something on your system has been causing you problems all over the place.

I you are using Win7, consider trying Win 10 as 99% of people have much better luck running everything with it.

TerryRed
    @terryred

OK….

So I spent the last day going through the PinEvent Install Guide and my Future Pinball Mega Guide

Everything looking very clean and nice with pictures and logos and is much easier to read and follow.

I have added a large FAQ to both so if you have problems PLEASE check both after reading all the instructions!

I added new content and a new Front-End section for PinEvent that should help people setup to use PinEvent tables a bit easier.

Here’s what I added…

FRONT-ENDS

(how to launch PinEvent tables with front-ends and make it all work the easy way)

Let’s bring everything together and make it all work

• PinEvent tables normally don’t use the Future Pinball Backglass, FutureDMD, FP Intercept or DOFLinx
    • it’s highly recommended to NOT have them enabled (for PinEvent tables only) to avoid all problems that could occur
    • don’t forget you need to have BAM’s “Force Arcade Mode” enabled in the BAM Addons menu, to still be able to use the “Static Cam” cabinet view!
    • the two options / methods shown below make using PinEvent tables with a front-end nice and easy

**** On a multi-screen cabinet, the following methods are recommended for using PinEvent tables with a front-end! ****

pbx

Option 1 (PBX, PBY and Popper) – Use a “Future Pinball” emulator and a “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator

Setup the “Future Pinball PinEvent” emulator with the following:

In your Launch settings:

• disable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
    • do NOT launch FutureDMD, or anything else not needed for PinEvent tables
    • you must have DOFLinx paused / disabled to avoid having both DOFLinx and PinEvent triggering DOF at the same time

In your Exit Emulator settings:

• enable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
    • enable DOFLinx

Setup your “Future Pinball” emulator Launch settings to do the following:

• launch FutureDMD, FP Intercept or anything else you need for DMD displays
    • enable DOFLinx

In the Games Manager, for PinEvent tables, don’t keep any videos/images displayed on your screens (where the Pup-Packs display their content)

popper_logo-1024x638-1038x647

Option 2 (Popper only) – Use one Emulator for all PinEvent and normal Future Pinball tables

Have the Launch Script do the following if a table is tagged (for PinEvent) in Games Manager using one of the Custom Variable fields:

• disable the Future Pinball backglass and Arcade mode (in the registry)
    • DO NOT launch FutureDMD, or anything else not needed for PinEvent tables
    • have DOFLinx paused / disabled to avoid having both DOFLinx and PinEvent triggering DOF at the same time

Have the Launch script ALSO do the following if a table is NOT tagged (for PinEvent) in Games Manager using one of the Custom Variable fields:

• launch FutureDMD, FP Intercept or anything else you need for DMD displays
    • enable DOFLinx

For your Close Script do the following:

• enable DOFLinx

In Games Manager, for each PinEvent table:

• set “Keep Displays ON” to NONE (the actual word “none”) to have no Popper media displayed while playing
    • or set it with the PuP display numbers for the Popper media you want keep on. Be sure its not a display used by the table’s PuP-Pack

Here is what I use on my cabinet to launch PinEvent tables and normal Future Pinball tables from one emulator

(this works with Pinup Popper only)

I add this to my Future Pinball Launch Script:

rem Enable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if "Custom Launch Param" = NO_BackGlass

if "[custom1]"=="NO_BackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
    if "[custom1]"=="NO_BackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Run FutureDMD ONLY IF "Custom Var #2" DOES NOT = NO_FutureDMD

if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (cd "c:\Games\Future Pinball")
    if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (START "" "FutureDMD.exe" table="[GAMENAME]" close=1)
    if NOT "[custom2]"=="NO_FutureDMD" (timeout /t 1)

rem Disable DOFLinx if "Custom Var #3" = NO_DOFLinx

if "[custom3]"=="NO_DOFLinx" (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

rem Launch Future Pinball

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 10 5 60 "BSP Software*"
    START "" "[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

…and I add this to my Close Script:

"[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE" WINTIT "Future Pinball" 2 1

DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=0

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

….then just add your options to any PinEvent table in Games Manager. That’s it!

• here you can see what I add to the 3 different Variable fields in Popper’s Games Manager
    • now any PinEvent table I add those to will now NOT use DOFLinx, NOT use FutureDMD, and NOT use the FP Backglass and Arcade mode
    • you don’t need to keep them as separate options either
    • for example: you can create another “PinEvent” option used with Custom Var #3 (and the others blank) that does everything. Just add all commands it into the script but have the commands use custom3

NOTE: That variables are case sensitive. NO_BackGlass will work. No_BackGlass will not work!

Popper_GamesManager_PinEvent

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

:mail: As usual another nice write-up :wacko:

TerryRed
    @terryred

Some people have reported an error with PinEvent tables. When they load and run the table they get an error along the lines of:

pDMDsetpage error, variable not defined

This kind of error can indicate the following:

• vbs files can’t be found
    • COM Extensions plug-in isn’t working
    • Pinup Player can’t be accessed
    • DOF can’t be accessed
    • windows security or admin settings on something is preventing dof or pup from being accessed

The first thing you should do is CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

If you changed something on your system that could have fixed the problem…with FP still open or not being closed each time you can still get that error even if your system is actually properly setup and working!

STEPS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Run FP in DEBUG mode (F9) each time! It will tell you what is happening and help you out!

CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

Then try these steps in order:

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin
    • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin
    • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows
    • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows
    • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR)
    • if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working!
    • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
    • see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down
    • if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good
    • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both.
    • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
    • if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin)
    • or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
    • ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together

If you can’t get both DOF and PUP working at the same time (but they work if the other is disabled)… that is not a PinEvent problem.

Its a Windows security / Admin / access problem that you need to figure out. Something in either DOF or PuP related files needs a setting change.

Good Luck!

I added this to the PinEvent Install Guide’s FAQ at the bottom.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Updated the Guide and FAQ… AGAIN…. with more helpful pictures and logos.

The FAQ is nicely organized on its own now… so it will make finding specific / common issues much easier!

Let me know what you think guys!

JoltDefries
    Participant
    @joltdefries

Intercept

It is a bit of a hack but I found that the following start/stop scripts in popper work for me to enable/disable fp-intercept. I left the launch param name set to futuredmd but you can change that if its confusing you. If you do change it, you will have to make sure your tables are updated with that launch param name. Before using this, make a copy of OpenGL32.dll and call it temp.dll and put it in the same folder as your OpenGL32.dll

START SCRIPT

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if “Custom Launch Param” = NO_BackGlass

if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
    if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Disable FP-Intercept if “Custom Var #2” = NO_FutureDMD

if “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (cd “c:\Future Pinball”)
    if “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (DEL OpenGL32.dll)

rem Disable DOFLinx if “Custom Var #3” = NO_DOFLinx

if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 10 5 60 “BSP Software*”
    START “” “[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe” /open “[GAMEFULLNAME]” /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

STOP SCRIPT

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Future Pinball” 2 1

cd /d C:\Future Pinball
    COPY /y temp.dll OpenGL32.dll

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

TerryRed
    @terryred

rem Disable FP-Intercept if “Custom Var #2” = NO_FutureDMD if “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (cd “c:\Future Pinball”)

Instead of doing that…. you could just use  IF (variable) DOES NOT EQUAL “No_FPIntercept” THEN run FP Intercept

Example:

if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FPIntercept” (run FPIntercept command in the brackets)

That “should” work.

So this means if you don’t have NO_FPIntercept specified in Games Manager (for a PinEvent table), then it will run FP Intercept like normal for all tables.

Easy, and doesn’t mess with your files.

JoltDefries
    Participant
    @joltdefries

rem Disable FP-Intercept if “Custom Var #2” = NO_FutureDMD if “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (cd “c:\Future Pinball”)

Instead of doing that…. you could just use IF (variable) DOES NOT EQUAL “No_FPIntercept” THEN run FP Intercept

Example:

That “should” work.

So this means if you don’t have NO_FPIntercept specified in Games Manager (for a PinEvent table), then it will run FP Intercept like normal for all tables.

My one problem though is I don’t know how to toggle FP-Intercept so I am unsure of what to put in the brackets. Removing the dll it uses was the only way i found to disable it unlike how the futureDMD example works. Do you know of any way to tell FP not to use FP-intercept? Google isn’t turning up much documentation on it :(

TerryRed
    @terryred

Instead of doing that…. you could just use IF (variable) DOES NOT EQUAL “No_FPIntercept” THEN run FP Intercept

Example:

That “should” work.

My one problem though is I don’t know how to toggle FP-Intercept so I am unsure of what to put in the brackets. Removing the dll it uses was the only way i found to disable it unlike how the futureDMD example works. Do you know of any way to tell FP not to use FP-intercept? Google isn’t turning up much documentation on it :(

I’ve never actually used it as I’ve never had a real DMD, so I can’t advise you there, sorry.

Badazzwi
    Participant
    @badazzwi

Terry thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this. I never had much interest in FP until I saw this. I used your FP guide to get up and running and moved right onto pinevent. The tables are amazing with all pinevent offers. I cant thank you enough for all your time and dedication and for sharing all your hard work with all of us.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

TC84
    Participant
    @thiagocap

Hi,

I’ve been trying the new PinEvent feature for a few days and I still haven’t been able to get it to work.

I followed the entire step by step of Terry’s tutorial here and I’m still having problems with the operation.

Could someone give me guidance on what it could be?

I’ll explain what’s going on …

I attached the new .vbs files to the script folder and changed only the .settings file where I changed pupdmd to 1 (real dmd).

The other settings were basically the same (true) as I have DOF, SSF, PUP and I’m using the pinup popper.

I used the same configuration as the tutorial for configuring BAM where I activated the new COM.dll file and reinstalled the C ++ files.

The popper settings seem to me to be all ok as I have VPX, Future Pinball and FX3 working normally.

Anyway I followed the entire step by step and everything was according to the tutorial.

My future pinball .exe is not running as adm. But fploader.exe is running as an administrator or it will not work.

The script I tried to use the same as Terry’s, but I had to make some modifications for DOFLINX to work when the table is not PinEvent.

My modified script is below. I also added the NO_BackGlass, NO_FutureDMD, NO_DOFLinx options in the game manager. and NONE in screen displays, according to the tutorial.

After I launch the table I have some instabilities that I couldn’t find the error. On the first launch of the PinEvent table it causes an error in the “pupdmd” table and I cannot play it.

When I left and re-entered the table it works normally (but without DOF – only with SSF and real DMD) but I can play until the ball falls.

When the ball falls my real dmd crashes and I lose the SSF sound from the table and there is only a recording of the ball rolling.

When trying to leave the table, the pinup and future pinball crashes and I need to press Ctrl + Alt + Dell to force the shutdown. And I notice that Pinup Player is not responding correctly.

Another detail that I notice is that my puppack, when it works, is only on the main screen, not modifying the videos.

Remembering that I double click on the .bat file inside my pupack folder in my correct configuration. But I still didn’t succeed.

I went through all the configuration and without success.

I also tried to click on F9 when the table is open but I can’t see what is active. It just shows me how many FPS my video card is working on and other information that I don’t think is necessary.

Please, someone would have an idea and could help me. I lost my last 3 strands of hair that I had on my head with this …. I hope I can make this work and that they grow back …. kkkk

My Script:

LAUNCH

rem Disable FP Backglass and Arcade Mode if “Custom Launch Param” = NO_BackGlass

if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “ArcadeMode” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
    if “[custom1]”==”NO_BackGlass” (REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer” /v “SecondMonitorEnable” /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

rem Run FutureDMD ONLY IF “Custom Var #2” DOES NOT = NO_FutureDMD

if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (cd “c:\Future Pinball”)
    if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (START “” “FutureDMD.exe” table=”[GAMENAME]” close=1)
    if NOT “[custom2]”==”NO_FutureDMD” (timeout /t 1)

if NOT “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (cd /d c:\directoutput)
    if NOT “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (@echo off)
    if NOT “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (start “” “C:\DirectOutput\DOFLinx.exe” PATH_INI=C:\DirectOutput\ PACLED64=1)

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 4 5 20 “Future Pinball*”

timeout /t 20
    cd “C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME
    start /min “” “PUPDMDControl.exe” FP

CLOSE SCRIPT

rem          Remove “rem” on the next line to close Future DMD after exiting a table.
    taskkill /f /im “FutureDMD.exe”

Thanks for the excellent work. Any help is welcome!

TerryRed
    @terryred

First…. always test outside of a front-end first until you get something working completely. You will just add to your problems.

Make it simple. Run FP with the Backglass and Arcade mode disabled.

Then run the table. You should have had BAM’s Force Arcade Mode enabled. If not that needs to be changed for the cabinet view to still work and for Pinevent to work.

Also.,..if you are running DOF / PUP / SSF,etc… then yo need to narrow down the problem. You can disable each as you need to.

My guess….and this has been the main problem for most people… your DOF is not updated correctly.

Go here and reinstall DOF R3++ (important)

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/dll-updates.html

Reboot and try again.

Always close FP completely each time you exit a table.

If needed disable DOF, then PUP, etc in PinEvent_Settings.vbs (for the mode you are using) one at a time to narrow down which is the problem. You can also “LAUNCH” the table with F9 to have debugger show up.

Don’t worry about script or front-ends. Get your PinEvent and tables working with FP correctly first.

After that… keep your Launch scripts simple at first until you know you have it working from Popper. Then do the extra things needed after.

One step at a time.

…and to point out the FAQ…

STEPS TO TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Run FP in DEBUG mode (F9) each time! It will tell you what is happening and help you out!

CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

Then try these steps in order:

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin
    • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin
    • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows
    • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows
    • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR)
    • if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working!
    • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
    • see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down
    • if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good
    • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both.
    • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
    • if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin)
    • or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
    • ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together

If you can’t get both DOF and PUP working at the same time (but they work if the other is disabled)… that is not a PinEvent problem.

Its a Windows security / Admin / access problem that you need to figure out. Something in either DOF or PuP related files needs a setting change, or they may need to be updated.

Rich
    Participant
    @sushko

Hi I need to change the dir for your script. What I have is not working.

cd /d c:\Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\DirectOutputt

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW