PinEvent: DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD for Future Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Hi I need to change the dir for your script. What I have is not working.

rem Disable DOFLinx if “Custom Var #3” = NO_DOFLinx

cd /d c:\Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\DirectOutputt

if “[custom3]”==”NO_DOFLinx” (DOFLinxMsg HOLD_ACTIVATION=1)

Yes… what I gave you is an “example” for what I use in my setup.

It won’t work for all setups (without modification) as everyone may have their programs installed to different locations,etc.

You will always need to check and possibly change a script for your system’s setup.

coreduo0099
      Participant
        @coreduo0099

Hi @terryred,

I got all of my PE stuff working the other week (awesomeness!!), but this weekend spent hours troubleshooting, uninstalling windows updates, reinstaling, etc trying to figure out what stopped my Attack from Mars puppack from loading.  I just got a black screen for backglass and topper.

Finally I figured it out. The other week, as described in the guide for PE, I set the “default state” set to off for my topper/dmd/backglass.  This was the culprit of what broke AFM, which is one of the test tables I run to verify things are working correctly after I make lots of changes to my rig.

I set things back to “Show PopUp (hide paused)” and things are back to normal.

What is the reason for setting the backglass/dmd/topper to “off”?  I am not finding a issue with the settings that make AFM work (yet), and the PE tables seem fine with this setting.  If it is needed, the community might need some guidance on how to fix any packs like AFM.

Thanks!

TerryRed
          @terryred

Hi @terryred,

I got all of my PE stuff working the other week (awesomeness!!), but this weekend spent hours troubleshooting, uninstalling windows updates, reinstaling, etc trying to figure out what stopped my Attack from Mars puppack from loading. I just got a black screen for backglass and topper.

Finally I figured it out. The other week, as described in the guide for PE, I set the “default state” set to off for my topper/dmd/backglass. This was the culprit of what broke AFM, which is one of the test tables I run to verify things are working correctly after I make lots of changes to my rig.

I set things back to “Show PopUp (hide paused)” and things are back to normal.

What is the reason for setting the backglass/dmd/topper to “off”? I am not finding a issue with the settings that make AFM work (yet), and the PE tables seem fine with this setting. If it is needed, the community might need some guidance on how to fix any packs like AFM.

Thanks!

Anything set to “Show PopUp (hide paused)” only has an affect on pup-packs that have that same pup display set to “Show” in the PuP-Pack. So the “Topper” (or BG) in any pup-pack would just automatically work on a pup-pack if both were set like that.

This seemed ideal way back when pup first came out… but the problem is that MANY people don’t pay attention to their setup. People who had no Topper monitor at all were enabling the topper to “Show PopUp (hide paused)”. This resulted in the Topper popping up under the playfield and causing LOTS of headaches because people weren’t understanding or seeing the problem.

Then as pup-packs got more advanced, they started using more layers for the BG and even the Topper. Tron being an example that has two BG and two Topper layers. In this case (and many other pup-packs), “Show PopUp (hide paused)” will have no affect and cause even more confusion. Jaws and Transformers has 6+ layers in the Backglass alone.

So to avoid all those headaches and confusions, long ago I (and others) started to set (in the pup-pack) the Backglass layers to  be On (not Show), and the Topper to OFF for all my PuP-Packs that had a Topper. I mentioned this in the install instructions for those pup-packs (and also the same in PinEvent) that you must enable the Topper yourself in the pup-pack. PuP-Packs will always override anything set in the PuP Displays default setting.

As for AFM pup-pack… that most likely had everything set to “Show” in the pup-pack… so that would explain why it didn’t work. All you had to do was change the BG and Topper to ForceOn in that PuP-Pack.

TerryRed
            @terryred

@coreduo0099

As I’ve said to others… let’s not let your suffering goto waste! :)

I added the following to the PinEvent Install Guide’s section for setting up Pinup Player displays.

IMPORTANT: setting the “default state” to OFF is recommended to avoid any problems that may occur with PuP-Packs (on FP, VPX, etc) for those people who don’t have a dedicated monitor or space to display a Topper, Backglass, etc. For example, on some VPX PuP-Packs the Topper may appear hidden under the playfield screen (for someone with no Topper monitor)  and cause focus problems and the user would never see it to know.

If you have a DEDICATED monitor / display space for a Backglass or Topper (like in a multiscreen cabinet), then you can set the Backglass and Topper displays to “Show Popup (hide Paused)”. Otherwise, set the Backglass and Topper to OFF.

On PinEvent tables, if a PuP-Pack has a Topper (and you want to use it on your Topper monitor), then you will always need to edit the table’s PuP-Pack and set the Topper to ForceON.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            TerryRed
              @terryred

New DOF ROM Name CHANGE for the current PinEvent tables!!!

For a day or two…there may not be DOF for these tables for anyone who updates their DOF from DOF Config Tool!

I’m in the process of finalizing the big PinEvent 1.4 update…and also updating all 3 current PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs.

NOTE: the table’s “rom” name will be changing for all 3 tables on DOF Config Tool. Arngrim changed them to the new name…but there is an issue with the new names that DOF doesn’t like…and Arngrim is sleeping right now so he can’t fix it :)

The changes will be in the cGamename in the PinEvent section to match what will be on DOF config Tool.

cGamename = “FP_JAWS_ULT_PRO” ‘name of this table’s DOF Config as listed on the “DOF Config Tool” web site

cGamename = “FP_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

All those tables will all need to be changed to:

cGamename = “FP_PE_JAWS_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

…but don’t make any changes yet …or just wait for the new PinEvent 1.4 updates and the updated tables and pup-packs.

I just wanted everyone to know why their DOF may not be working for these tables right now.

TerryRed
                @terryred

Coming soon…

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Guess what’s coming VERY soon….

My PinEvent 1.4 (PUP Stream) update files are all ready…but it’s going to take a lot of time to upload all the updated PinEvent files, tables, and pup-packs….as well as updating the install guide, etc…

So in the mean time, you can start the process of updating the other REQUIRED updates for PinEvent 1.4 and ALL the (current) updated tables / pup-packs.

What to update while waiting…

BAM latest version:

even if you already have BAM_v1.5-290.zip, [11 may 2020]… download and install it again, because a newer version of the pup plug-in has been added to 1.5-290 (and BAM Open VR) a few days ago

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

DOF Config Tool configs:

– all PinEvent tables will be using a different rom name than before…so everyone must update their configs!

Pinup Player 1.45 beta:

– many of the new pup-pack options now use Alpha Overlays… so everyone MUST be updated to pup 1.45 beta.

First make sure you are updated to 1.44 first:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Then update to PuP 1.45 beta. The most current version (for now) is here:

http://nailbuster.com/pupupdatesv14/PinUP_PopperUpdate_v145.zip

Once you have all the above done… then it’s just going to be PinEvent 1.4 and the updated tables and pup-packs after that (when available)

I have a lot of typing and uploading / editing to do on VPinball….so PLEASE…. don’t download and install PinEvent or the tables / pup-packs until I give the go ahead that they are all completely uploaded and updated to work with PinEvent 1.4 (PuP Stream).

TerryRed
                    @terryred

PinEvent 1.4: PUP Stream update

Now Available!

For new installers or those updating… the process is the same!

Everything has been updated and needs to be installed and in this order:

– BAM latest version. Download and install it again even if you just updated, as the newer pup plug-in was just added to the current version!
                    – DOF Config Tool config files (all PinEvent tables have new rom names)
                    – Pinup Player 1.45
                    – PinEvent 1.4 files
                    – setup PinEvent_Setting.vbs
                    – all 3 PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs are updated. DO NOT copy files into the old PuP-Pack folders! Remove the old tables and files. It’s all new!

BAM latest version:

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-290 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

• even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
                    • a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

DOF Config Tool configs:

Pinup Player 1.45:

• many of the new pup-pack options now use Alpha Overlays… so everyone MUST be updated to pup 1.45

Install Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then update to Pinup Player 1.4.5 or higher (its REQUIRED for PinEvent PuP-Packs):

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

========================================

Once you have all the above done…

Then install the new PinEvent 1.4 files

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/

PLEEEEEEEEASE…. follow the PinEvent Install Guide same as before! There are big changes and new features!

Don’t assume it will just work the same, as you need to make your settings changes in PinEvent_Settings.vbs! Follow the updated install guide!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Updates and changes with PinEvent 1.4:

PUP Stream

• the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table
                    • this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself
                    • PinEvent PUP Stream options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Backglass, FullDMD, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
                    • works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR)
                    • read more info in the PinEvent Guide

PuP Screen Changes

There are changes in regards to what pup screens are used. Please read and make the appropriate changes!

• “FullDMD / Apron” (Screen 5) is now used for FullDMD instead of the Music screen for size and position. Make sure you setup your “FullDMD / Apron” screen the same way you did the Music screen (on your cabinet’s middle screen,etc). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
                    • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new Backbox AIO option (square and 4×3 backbox users). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
                    • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new PUP Stream – Desktop PuP-Pack option. Read the PinEvent guide for more info

…. and some other updates for integrating smoke’s ball rolling code for FP Sounds into PinEvent.

New PuP-Pack options!

Backbox AIO: options for “square” and “4:3 and 5:4” Backbox monitor users. This uses the FullDMD and includes a complete ready to go speaker panel, with everything already setup for you. Just position and size the PuP “Game Select” display on your Backbox monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

PUP Stream – Desktop: this is used for single screen Desktop (or VR) users who use the new PUP Stream feature to stream the PuP Backglass and FullDMD into FP directly so they can see in in fullscreen on their desktop HUD, the table, the FP Backbox, the apron cards and the playfield! You will need to display the PuP-Pack on a dummy plug monitor or unused spare input of you monitor (connected to your video card). Then just “Quick Position” to size the PuP “Game Select” display on your dummy plug monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

Updated tables and PuP-Packs

• RetroFlair BAM, Halloween, and Jaws have new table updates and PuP-Pack updates
                    • the old tables and pup-packs are NOT compatible with PinEvent 1.4!
                    • remove the old PuP-Pack folders. Do not mix old files with new files!
                    • note that I had to split 2 of the new pup-packs into multiple zip files…and then had to change the file extension so I could upload them to the site
                    • just follow the directions on the install instructions for the table and pup-pack for how to rename the zip files so you can extract the pup-pack.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

That should be enough to get you guys going! Just follow the instructions and you are good to go!

Enjoy the very cool PUP Stream update!

I need to sleep now.

Thanks to:

@ravarcade for the many updates to BAM that allowed this to be possible

@ravarcade and @DJRobX for the PuP Plug-in that allows PUP Stream to work

@Nailbuster for Pinup Player, the PUPDMD Framework, and help with vbs code examples

4 users thanked author for this post.
                    katanka
                    Participant
                      @katanka

Hi Terry,

First of all thanks for that work !!

My conf is : Cab with 2 screens and a real dmd. VPX and PFX3 used with dof (doflinx), SSF, puppack. All works fine.

I discovered FP this week , install it with your great tutorial. Al works fine with “classic” tables.

My issue is with pinevent tables. I used pupdmddrivertype=1 for my real dmd, and have chosen the 4th profile .

run halloween table for my test with debug mode. Error pDMDSetPage …

i followed your recommedations, no exe running as administratror, doflix desactivated, not better result

I changed options in 4th profile and set all to false => works fine.

usePUP,usePUP_SFF and usePUPDMD set to true => works fine, real DMD too ;)

usePUP_Stream set to true => table runs and few seconds after, crash !

useDOF set to true ==> error pDMDSetPAge strikes again :)

issue with DOF , but where ?

The simple fact to see COM Extension in the menu (Q Key in game) indicates that this plugin running  ? that is the only thing i found not totally clear in the tutorial

elvinu
                      Participant
                        @elvinu

Solved: (Posting this if any of you have the same problem)

My Pinevent tables were working correctly.  I went from this:

Halloween orig

to this:

Halloween

I haven’t played my pinevent tables for a few weeks now and I unplugged my hdmi dongle since it affects my fullscreen screen grabs.  Didn’t like deleting the right hand side of my screen grabs every time.

At any rate, since TerryRed is working on F-14, I decided to test my Pinevent tables again to make sure everything was working correctly.

All of my Pinevent tables were messed up (note the gap):

Jaws after configure

As you can see from the images, my 2nd (fake) screen got resized to a smaller resolution.

I normally reboot after I plug in my hdmi dongle.  I’m assuming the 2nd screen got resized incorrectly after the reboot.

To fix this, just goto your Windows, Settings, System, Display, and set your 2nd screen to (for me) 1920 X 1080.

Everything was fine after that.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Hi Terry,

First of all thanks for that work !!

My conf is : Cab with 2 screens and a real dmd. VPX and PFX3 used with dof (doflinx), SSF, puppack. All works fine.

I discovered FP this week , install it with your great tutorial. Al works fine with “classic” tables.

My issue is with pinevent tables. I used pupdmddrivertype=1 for my real dmd, and have chosen the 4th profile .

run halloween table for my test with debug mode. Error pDMDSetPage …

i followed your recommedations, no exe running as administratror, doflix desactivated, not better result

I changed options in 4th profile and set all to false => works fine.

usePUP,usePUP_SFF and usePUPDMD set to true => works fine, real DMD too ;)

usePUP_Stream set to true => table runs and few seconds after, crash !

useDOF set to true ==> error pDMDSetPAge strikes again :)

issue with DOF , but where ?

The simple fact to see COM Extension in the menu (Q Key in game) indicates that this plugin running ? that is the only thing i found not totally clear in the tutorial

Be sure you are updated to the latest pup 1.45

From the PinEvent FAQ:

When I run PinEvent tables, I get an error like:   “pDMDsetpage error, variable not defined” or “initTrakedSoundBalls”

This kind of error can indicate the following:

• PinEvent vbs files can’t be found
                          • COM Extensions plug-in isn’t working
                          • Pinup Player can’t be accessed
                          • DOF can’t be accessed
                          • windows security or admin settings on something is preventing dof or pup from being accessed

STEPS TO TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Run FP in DEBUG mode (F9) each time! It will tell you what is happening and help you out!

CLOSE Future Pinball completely EVERY TIME you exit the table and load it to try again.

Then try these steps in order:

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin
                          • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin
                          • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows
                          • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows
                          • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR)
                          • if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working!
                          • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!
                          • see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down
                          • if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good
                          • you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both.
                          • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not
                          • if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin)
                          • or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues
                          • ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together (but some people’s systems aren’t setup to allow this)

If you can’t get both DOF and PUP working at the same time (but they work if the other is disabled)… that is not a PinEvent problem.

Its a Windows security / Admin / access problem that you need to figure out. Something in either DOF or PuP related files needs a setting change, or they may need to be updated.

The table crashes when using PUP Stream…

• PUP Stream only works properly when streaming from windows displayed on your video card
                          • streaming from a window displayed on a monitor connected to a motherboard GPU can cause a crash
                          katanka
                          Participant
                            @katanka

Hi Terry,

Pinup player and popper V1.4.5 already installed. I made a mistake for the pinevent_profile choice. i understood that it was necessary to choose a profile in pinevent_settings.vbs, based on the true options accordind to my config … (overload brain) ;).

Now my pinevent_profile is the second one ( cabinet mode) and i change options only in this profile !

I followed your steps up to DOF or all PUP options.

Only DOF true in 2nd profile = pDMDSetPage error

Only PUP options true = Crash table after loading, problem with pup_stream because with pup_stream false all works fine.

My two displays are connected to my graphic card, nothing on the motherboard GPU.

Everything is installed in the classic folders : c:\directoutput\; c:\pinupsystem and works fine with VPX or PryFX3. Doflinx is deasctivated (usually launched at windows start) during this try.

What kind of check should i do on my DOF install to solve this issue. No DLLs were blocked

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Hi Terry,

Pinup player and popper V1.4.5 already installed. I made a mistake for the pinevent_profile choice. i understood that it was necessary to choose a profile in pinevent_settings.vbs, based on the true options accordind to my config … (overload brain) ;).

Now my pinevent_profile is the second one ( cabinet mode) and i change options only in this profile !

I followed your steps up to DOF or all PUP options.

Only DOF true in 2nd profile = pDMDSetPage error

Only PUP options true = Crash table after loading, problem with pup_stream because with pup_stream false all works fine.

My two displays are connected to my graphic card, nothing on the motherboard GPU.

Everything is installed in the classic folders : c:\directoutput\; c:\pinupsystem and works fine with VPX or PryFX3. Doflinx is deasctivated (usually launched at windows start) during this try.

What kind of check should i do on my DOF install to solve this issue. No DLLs were blocked

Be absolutely sure your DOF is update to the latest DOF R3++. I saw someone else have the same problem when DOF was enabled, and updating it solved his problem. This problem with DOF is not unique to PinEvent, as some people with Popper and other front-end had similar issues, due to admin / security problems as well.

For PUP Stream… not sure what to tell you there if you get a crash with it enabled. Normally I have only seen that when trying to stream from a window displayed on a monitor not connected to the video card….or possibly just having the motherboard gpu enabled is causing a problem there and maybe its a possible driver related issue.

Worst case scenario, keep PUP Stream disabled. It kept it disabled by default, as its always best to not enable PUP Stream until you have everything else working first…then you can try to get it to work on your setup if possible. (easier to troubleshoot problems that way).

-RpT
                              Participant
                                @rpt

@mavritanos Did you ever get to the bottom of the mediation errors?

Just managed to find a few DOFlinx tables that get picked up so I know that side is working… Pinevent tables however are all giving various mediation errors when i try to run them (think I set up FP and pinevent following the guide properly and I have quit DOFLinx before running).

Going to try a re-install later in the week but suspect it’s something not covered in the video as there wasn’t that much to it. :unsure:

katanka
                                Participant
                                  @katanka

Thank you so much Terry you saved me ;)

The dof’s version was bad, but works fine with VPX and pinup ! The screen joined show you, on the left the version i installed today and to the right the previous version. PRoblem with the release date !!!

dof set to true  and all works fine on halloween table , it’s magic !

After that,I set pup_stream =true  and no more scratch, problems were related !!

On the other hand i have no picture on my real DMD and no video on the backglass ( pup pack installed), only the classic backglass with speakers and space dedicated to dmd. Is it possible to change that, like with vpx backglass, to have only picture backglass or pup videos ?

Attachments:
                                  outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

@rpt & @katanka
                                    Some help here – https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38170&p=381730
                                    If you think your on the latest updates check to make sure you actually are
                                    After you have these games working – https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium
                                    Then go here And set up PinEvent tables SEE —-> PinEvent: “DOF, MX, PUP, SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream” for Future Pinball
                                    (Not Just The Videos) The Written Instructions Also  — https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    TerryRed
                                      @terryred

As Outhere mentions, PinEvent has a complete Install Guide of its own that MUST be followed completely (it’s not covered on any video). All the requirements and everything you need to know are on there. When having problems after that, there is a FAQ at the bottom of the PinEven guide. Each table also has install instructions. Follow those as well afterward.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      -RpT
                                      Participant
                                        @rpt

@outhere Thanks, I will give it another go from the start soon. I think I followed everything but of course I will retry it all. If you think running Future Pinball from a different hard drive (D:) or a non default location can be a problem let me know, it didn’t seem like that would be an issue from the guides but at the moment that’s the only thing I can think of that I did differently. Running low on C: drive space unfortunately.

Edit, in answer to the question, Slam’s most recent tables work (without DOF), DOFLinx tables such as starwars DSA work (although not sure about the physics on that one seems very slow/light so could indicate an issue or need some config per Terry’s guide), errors only with the pinevent stuff.

outhere
                                          @outhere
                                          MemberContributorvipModerator

@outhere Thanks, I will give it another go from the start soon. I think I followed everything but of course I will retry it all. If you think running Future Pinball from a different hard drive (D:) or a non default location can be a problem let me know, it didn’t seem like that would be an issue from the guides but at the moment that’s the only thing I can think of that I did differently. Running low on C: drive space unfortunately.

Edit, in answer to the question, Slam’s most recent tables work (without DOF), DOFLinx tables such as starwars DSA work (although not sure about the physics on that one seems very slow/light so could indicate an issue or need some config per Terry’s guide), errors only with the pinevent stuff.

I have all my pinball related items on the E: drive everything works fine

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Follow the PinEvent FAQ procedure to help narrow down your problem. Do you only get errors with DOF enabled,etc.

Be absolutely sure you have the latest version of DOF R3++ installed.

Be sure you have latest BAM installed.

Be sure you have pup 1.45 installed.

Try running FPLoader.exe as admin and not as admin.

DOFLinx table mods I did use older physics, so they won’t play as nice as newer tables updated to use newer BAM physics.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 209 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?