Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Daytona24
    Participant
    @daytona24

So on a wim I check PinUpMenu and I was not starting as ADMIN because if I do I can’t get my DOFLinx to work for Popper (I’ve tried every workaround for that).

After starting it as ADMIN the F-14 Pup Pack worked as it should.

Do you have any tips to get DOF to work with Popper AND run it as Admin to better control FP?

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

It all comes down to your system and it’s security access / uac / admin settings.

If DOF isn’t working with Popper, it comes down to something on your system is either restricting it, or how DOF was installed and registered,etc.

There is no common solution, as your system and everyone else’s system may be different for Windows settings that may restrict or cause problems.

Myself, I have Windows Defender permanently disabled, and UAC turned off completely on both my cabinet and my main gaming / test PC (been that way for years with no problems)…. but some would try to convince you not to do that in case it may cause other problems on “your” system.

Bottom line… it’s not a PinEvent problem.

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

So on a wim I check PinUpMenu and I was not starting as ADMIN because if I do I can’t get my DOFLinx to work for Popper (I’ve tried every workaround for that).
    Do you have any tips to get DOF to work with Popper AND run it as Admin to better control FP?

Have you tried not running any Pinball related programs as ADMIN?

Daytona24
    Participant
    @daytona24

So I have to do some further testing before I get too excited but you may have just solved all my problems with one sentence.

I removed all the Admin rights and DOF started up with Popper, the F-14 pup pack worked, and FP closed with the exit emulator button.

I dont have UAC or any Defender working on the Vpin cabinet.

Fingers crossed!

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

So I have to do some further testing before I get too excited but you may have just solved all my problems with one sentence.

I removed all the Admin rights and DOF started up with Popper, the F-14 pup pack worked, and FP closed with the exit emulator button.
    I dont have UAC or any Defender working on the Vpin cabinet.
    Fingers crossed!

See  7 & 23  —  https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

Daytona24
    Participant
    @daytona24

All is well now.  Thank you @outhere and @terryred for the help.  Sometimes you search, read and google so much you miss the answers.  Things like I knew I remembered seeing how to remove ignore list items but was digging in places so deep when it was right at the surface.  Happy to have things working right now.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Windows Defender / Anti-Virus (IMPORTANT!)

• recent updates from Windows 10 can cause certain aspects of Future Pinball to not work correctly
    • you MUST at a minimum, set “exceptions” in Windows Defender (and any other anti-virus program) for the entire Future Pinball folder
    • having Defender enabled WILL cause some tables to have a stutter problem, even with exceptions
    • Defender may cause vbs files to not work with Future Pinball, BAM, or PinEvent tables
    • it’s possible, depending on your system that you may need to disable Defender completely to allow both Future Pinball and BAM to work correctly with ALL tables
    • if you turn off Defender in Windows settings, it eventually re-enable itself after a while! If you want to permanently disable Defender, you will need to find another method. I won’t tell you how to do that (you can find solutions online), but please be careful when using ANY method (if you choose to do this)

There are other anti-virus programs you can use if you disable Defender. I’ve used MalwareBytes with no problems (yet). Just be sure to add exceptions for the entire Future Pinball folder!

hutchthis
    Participant
    @hutchthis

I am struggling to get these going.  Screens are just not set right.  I think I can so some more reading to figure it out, but just want to confirm what profile I should be using?

I have a 4 screen setup.  Playfield, BG, and 2x 1280×390 14.9″ screens.

PupPacks running in VPX with no issues.

Thanks!

TerryRed
    @terryred

I am struggling to get these going. Screens are just not set right. I think I can so some more reading to figure it out, but just want to confirm what profile I should be using?

I have a 4 screen setup. Playfield, BG, and 2x 1280×390 14.9″ screens.

PupPacks running in VPX with no issues.

Thanks!

The “profiles” are automatic. You just need to enable whatever options you want to use (pup, ssf, pupdmd) for the mode (desktop, cabinet, vr) you will be using in PinEvent_Settings.vbs. Just make sure you DON’T enable pup stream until everything esle is working correctly… and the FP BG and Arcade mode is disable for PinEvent tables only.

If you are using one of those DMD sized panels for LCD DMD, then you would set your pup “DMD” display on that screen. This MUST be a 4:1 ratio (1280×320)!

Then you would set pupdmddrivertype = 0 in PinEvent_Settings.vbs.

Then in every table’s pup-pack folder, you would run the BAT file for the “DMD, Backglass” or “DMD and Real DMD, Backglass” option (depending on the pup-pack.

That should be it.

The bottom line is whatever PuP-Pack option you run, needs to match the pupdmdrivertype you’ve set.

If you can’t get that monitor running at 1280×390 properly in Windows… then that WILL mess up the text since you aren’t able to have the pup DMD display shown at 1280×320 (4:1).

If for whatever reason, you can’t sort out your DMD monitor to run at a proper 1280×390 (with pup DMD at 1280×320) in order for the pup text to display correct….

…then you can always use pupdmdrivertype = 2, and choose the “FullDMD on Backglass” option…. then display FutureDMD on the LCD DMD panel.

hutchthis
    Participant
    @hutchthis

Thanks!  Big progress.  Bg and dmd seem to be functioning fine.  Should there be content on my topper screen as well?  I am launching with this bat file to make sure bg and arcode mode is disabled.

I used option 1 in the pup folder for jaws

Attachments:
    TerryRed
    @terryred

Thanks! Big progress. Bg and dmd seem to be functioning fine. Should there be content on my topper screen as well? I am launching with this bat file to make sure bg and arcode mode is disabled.

The only table with a Topper is Jaws (not needed for FullDMD options). You need to set the Topper to ForceOn in it’s pup-pack.

None of the others have a topper.

hutchthis
    Participant
    @hutchthis

Figured it out.  edited the screens.pup file in the pup pack.  thanks again

now for star wars!

Everly
    Participant
    @everly

Alright, I have been working on this for about 4 months now and haven’t found a solution.

PROBLEM : I cannot get my Real PinDMD V3 to display the video and overlays from PupScreen1 from PinEvent Tables.

I am running Windows 10 on a 2 screen setup (Playfield and Backglass) with the PinDMD V3

In my Pinevent Setting ini file I have my Cabinet Setting (Option #2) with all of the variables set to True except useFP Sounds is set to false and Night Mode is set to 2.  I’ve spent the most time working on the F14 Tomcat table.  In that script I have the PinEvent Profile setting set to 2 and the Use Custom Settings set to False.

PUPSCREEN1 is set to 512 x 128 for the 4:1 Ratio

Popper Doctor will mirror the TEST DMD image correctly.  FX3 tables show on the DMD and Non-PinEvent Future Pinball tables (such as Major Frenchy’s Mod of Pink Floyd) show on my DMD as well.

I have selected the Option #1 Real DMD for the PUP Pack.

When I run the table in Debug Mode (F9) the following information is displayed…

PinEvent 1.4 – by TerryRed: June 2020

PinEvent_Variables.vbs 1.4 loaded

PinEvent_Settings.vbs 1.4 loaded

PinEvent – Cabinet Profile

PUPDMD Default = 1 REAL DMD

PinEvent_Control.vbs 1.4 loaded

PUPDMD = 1 REAL DMD

Start DOF

Start PUP

PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs 1.4 loaded

BAM Version: 317

PuP Plugin has started

PS-BackBox_AIO disabled, or PUPOVERLAY not detected

PuP Stream-FullDMD-using PUPSCREEN5

PuP Stream-Backglass-using PUPSCREEN2

PuP Stream-Apron Left-using PUPSCREEN5

PuP Stream-Apron Right-using PUPSCREEN2

PuP Stream-PF_Screen-using PUPSCREEN5

From the readout it appears the PUPDMD is set correctly in the table and should match the PUP Pack I’ve selected for a REAL DMD.

If I Alt-Tab I can see PUPSCREEN1 running with the video of the fighter jet over the water and I see PUP Overlays 1 also active but neither are being displayed on the PinDMD v3.  This is all being done manually outside of a front end launch as is recommended.

TerryRed
    @terryred

Did you set your pupdmddrivertype = 1 for Real DMD in PinEvent_Settings.vbs ?

You should have PUP Stream disabled until you have everything working correctly (as it can cause problems for some ppl)

Don’t enable Custom Settings in the table script, as it’s not needed (normally, unless one table needs a different pupdmd setting)). All the settings in PinEvent_Setting.vbs are used by default for all tables.

Based on the DEBUG output… you seem to have all PinEvent options set correctly (yay that debug worked and helped).

So the only other problem left is pupdmdcontrol or dmddevice.ini not setup right or working (since PinEvent is all setup and running correctly). Can’t help you much with PinDMD3, but I know its common for people to have problems with it… but it does work.

If you can’t get your real DMD working for whatever reason…. then you have another option.

Set pupdmddrivertype = 2 (FullDMD), and use either the “FullDMD on Backglass” pup-pack option (for a 16×9 backglass monitor), or use the “AIO” pup-pack option (for square / 4×3 / 5×4 monitors). Then you can use FP Intercept for your real DMD to display FP’s DMD (since pupdmd is not using the real DMD).

scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

@TerryRed and @Nailbuster I ran into an issue when exiting Halloween Pinevet (Big Bloody Mike) with DOFLinx.  @DDH69 confirmed on another forum that my error log showed that I am trying to re-regiter the processes with DOFLinx before FP is completely shutdown.

DDH69:

“You are telling DOFLinx to detect the running process of FP again before FP has closed.  So when you tell DOFLinx to listen for FP again there is in fact an FP process running which then disappears very quickly thereafter.  This is caused by the menu system running the close script being run before the FP process has closed.”

QUESTION:  Is there a wait/pause I could put in the close script to give FP time to close to avoid this?  At the moment, I believe, Halloween is the only table this has happened to me on..however I’d put the wait in for all my FP tables’ close script…

Thank you!!

Everly
    Participant
    @everly

Did you set your pupdmddrivertype = 1 for Real DMD in PinEvent_Settings.vbs ?

You should have PUP Stream disabled until you have everything working correctly (as it can cause problems for some ppl)

Don’t enable Custom Settings in the table script, as it’s not needed (normally, unless one table needs a different pupdmd setting)). All the settings in PinEvent_Setting.vbs are used by default for all tables.

Based on the DEBUG output… you seem to have all PinEvent options set correctly (yay that debug worked and helped).

So the only other problem left is pupdmdcontrol or dmddevice.ini not setup right or working (since PinEvent is all setup and running correctly). Can’t help you much with PinDMD3, but I know its common for people to have problems with it… but it does work.

If you can’t get your real DMD working for whatever reason…. then you have another option.

Set pupdmddrivertype = 2 (FullDMD), and use either the “FullDMD on Backglass” pup-pack option (for a 16×9 backglass monitor), or use the “AIO” pup-pack option (for square / 4×3 / 5×4 monitors). Then you can use FP Intercept for your real DMD to display FP’s DMD (since pupdmd is not using the real DMD).

Yes, my PUPDMDDriver is set to 1 in my Pinevent Settings.vbs

I will try disabling the PUP Streams and see if that changes anything

Yes, the Use Custom Settings is set to false in the table script

I’ll look into changing the driver type and report back on any changes it causes.  The only other piece of troubleshooting information I can offer is that on the Retrofire table I am getting the PupOverlay 1 displaying on my DMD but not the video for PupScreen 1.  I will double check next time I have some pinball time and confirm the script settings for both tables are the same and report back.

scampa123
    Participant
    @scampa123

Terry,

have you considered doing a YouTube series of videos on adding PinEvent to existing tables?

I recently watched your playlist on adding DOFLinx to tables and did my first table using your instructions.  It would be great to understand more about how to add PinEvent to tables!

thx

TerryRed
    @terryred

Terry,

have you considered doing a YouTube series of videos on adding PinEvent to existing tables?

I recently watched your playlist on adding DOFLinx to tables and did my first table using your instructions. It would be great to understand more about how to add PinEvent to tables!

thx

In short, no. “PinEvent” is my own standard that represents my own work. When someone sees a table with that name…. they know exactly what to expect from the features and quality of the table…. and I can support my own work.

If someone wants to add “dof” or “pup” to a FP table they are more than welcome to copy code from the PE vbs files to use in their table script, etc…. I just don’t want someone labelling their table as a “PinEvent” table and using the PinEvent vbs files for their tables. I don’t want confusion, and I may update those files in the future, which would effect their tables.

Adding DOF or PuP is not much different than it is for VPX tables, once you have the initial code for the BAM COM Extensions plug-in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TerryRed
    @terryred

Added to the PinEvent Install guide, for clarity.

****** PinEvent is NOT open for everyone to use on their tables! ******

PinEvent vbs files and the name “PinEvent” are not to be used for other table mods and updates

• “PinEvent” refers to my own specific work that I created to be used for my own table updates
    • “PinEvent” represents my own standard for specific features and updates that represent my own quality of work
    • please do not use the PinEvent vbs files in your table updates, as I may be updating these files in the future and this will impact all tables that use them
    • please do not use the name “PinEvent” on any table mods, or when referring to pup or dof mods of a FP table
    • I will not support any table mods using the PinEvent vbs files, except for my own tables

You CAN use the PuP / DOF code in your own table mods!

• you can however use the BAM COM Extensions / PuP Event / DOF code  and commands (from the PinEvent vbs files) to copy into your own table script directly and adapt as needed for your purposes
    • I’d recommend only using the startup code for COM / PUP / DOF, and use the basic dof and pupevent commands and code
    • that will cover you for adding dof and a pup-pack to a FP table
    • I currently don’t recommend using my modified pupdmd framework for text / score, as it’s very extensive and much more advanced!
    • keep it simple!

DO NOT modify my PinEvent DOF configs for my tables on DOF Config Tool!

• I have VERY specific DOF configs that are designed to work with my PinEvent table updates only
    • if you wish to make DOF changes to a PinEvent table, you can do so on your own Private config
    • DO NOT submit changes from your private DOF config for Public consideration! (if there is a problem on one of my tables, please message me)
    • I specifically added separate “PinEvent only” so that everyone is free to use other FP configs to mod other FP tables for DOF

TerryRed

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Everly
    Participant
    @everly

I had some time yesterday to do some more troubleshooting on my cabinet and try to figure out this problem.  What I found is interesting but sadly I don’t think it will result in a solution.  One thing that has been emphasized is the need to completely exit BAM (not just closing the table and opening another in the same BAM session)  I don’t know what possessed me to do this but here is the sequence.

I open BAM and load and launch F-14 (DMD stays blank)

I exit the table but leave BAM open and the table loaded in the editor then relaunch (DMD now shows the PUPScreen#1 video and Overlays as expected)

At this point if I load any other table the DMD will work so long as I close the table but leave BAM up and open the new table in that same session.  This also seems to work with the Jaws table but will not work with RetroFlair or Death Star Assault.  After the initial launch of F-14 or Jaws when the DMD stays blank, as long as that session of BAM stays open, the DMD will work on all my PinEvent tables.  However on RetroFlair and Death Star Assault I have white rectangles on the playfield. (big one on DSA where the X-Wing usually sits and the left side of the apron and the stream over the Ms. Pacman sign on RetroFlair)  Those rectangles will only go away if I completely close BAM and launch a new session, which then makes the DMD no longer work.

Hopefully that info provides an Ah-HA! moment for someone so we can figure out what is going on.

I tried disabling the PUPStream in the PinEvent Settings but that had no affect on these issues.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW