PinEvent + DOF stopped working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thefritz01
    Participant
      @thefritz01

I had PinEvent + DOF working just great on my cabinet through Popper and then after I tried to record the playfield in Pinup Popper all PupPacks and DOF just quit working.  I can hear the PupPack sound efects but nothing is displayed and I get no DOF from the table.  This happens both inside and outside of Popper.  Any suggestions on why recording the playfield would have caused everything to stop working?  I have gone through the mega guide and PinEvent guides a few times now but I must be missing something.   All my VPX tables still work with PupPacks, DOF, and Popper. It’s just Future Pinball stuff that isn’t working now.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I had PinEvent + DOF working just great on my cabinet through Popper and then after I tried to record the playfield in Pinup Popper all PupPacks and DOF just quit working. I can hear the PupPack sound efects but nothing is displayed and I get no DOF from the table. This happens both inside and outside of Popper. Any suggestions on why recording the playfield would have caused everything to stop working? I have gone through the mega guide and PinEvent guides a few times now but I must be missing something. All my VPX tables still work with PupPacks, DOF, and Popper. It’s just Future Pinball stuff that isn’t working now.

Most likely a Windows update has caused some files to get blocked or flagged in Popper / BAM / PinEvent, etc.

The recording was probably just a coincidence at what caused your AV to take action in the first place.

If you have Defender enabled…try disabling it (not just exceptions) and see if that works.. It’s been causing lots of problems for VPX, FP, DOF, DOFLinx,etc. lately.

thefritz01
        Participant
          @thefritz01

I have defender completely disabled but I have noticed the following error on the launch of a Future Pinball table from Popper. I can only replicate it once after a reboot.

avdisablederror

thefritz01
          Participant
            @thefritz01

I just noticed that the Real-Time Protection slider seems to be locked in the ON position.  I had a GPO I set to disable it, but that screenshot shows otherwise.

*EDIT*  Okay, It’s disabled but still not working.  Is there a log that can show me what “That File” Future Pinball is failing to load?

disableAV

thefritz01
            Participant
              @thefritz01

I was able to get it worked out.  I ended up having to do a repair on my DOF install.  That fixed everything including Pinup Player.  Not sure what happened, but I am glad it’s working again.  Your PinEvent Tables are amazing!

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Sadly…as I had to explain to someone on another forum… it’s getting more difficult to get DOF and PuP working without hassles from Defender or other AV software, as they are just doing blanket blocks / removals of files that are clean in regards to things vbs or com related (DOF / PuP/ FP / VP).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?