PinKadia: Pinball, MAME, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Into the abyss of the inside of my cabinet…

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I think inside your cab looks great and its worked well for ya.  :good:

The proof is you played it many hours without a issue and not many can say that! If it works i wouldnt change it thats for sure unless it was for fixing something like your plunger and that you are fixing properly now so keep going and get that shaker running it really wont “shake” the cab much more of a rumble. You REALLY do need a REAL williams knocker! OH! and a chime unit!!!!  :yahoo:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred

I think inside your cab looks great and its worked well for ya. :good:

The proof is you played it many hours without a issue and not many can say that! If it works i wouldnt change it thats for sure unless it was for fixing something like your plunger and that you are fixing properly now so keep going and get that shaker running it really wont “shake” the cab much more of a rumble. You REALLY do need a REAL williams knocker! OH! and a chime unit!!!! :yahoo:

Man…if I had chimes…my wife’s dogs wouldn’t stop barking whenever I play pinball…for real!

TerryRed
            @terryred

So…now that I had some time….yes…after 3 years…the cab is shaking!!! I finally installed a real Stern Shaker Motor.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

About FUCKING DARN TIME you get a shaker  :good:

Now play jurassic park or any table with magnets or even a newer stern table and you will be VERY happy you have a shaker!

Good job Terry

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                @terryred

About FUCKING TIME you get a shaker :good:

Now play jurassic park or any table with magnets or even a newer stern table and you will be VERY happy you have a shaker!

Good job Terry

LOL!  I don’t think I have ever seen you use that kind of language on these forums….now that’s passion!

Just like with my simpit….once you have it…you can’t go back….and I haven’t even gotten to really play anything properly yet…. but yes JP and other VPX tables are sweet with what little bits of testing I have done…..

What I’m amazed at…. is how effectively it worked with my DOFLinx mods….   Iron Man and Avatar are AWESOME! I added the shaker for electrical and magnet effects to those tables, never even having experienced a shaker in a pincab yet….WOW! SO friggin cool!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Well I was hanging around hauntfreaks for about 4 hours and he is a bad influence. But yeah I don’t use those words normally but I am a huge supporter of real feedback that’s for sure. Sorry if it offended anyone but so glad you got everything working

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Well I was hanging around hauntfreaks for about 4 hours and he is a bad influence. But yeah I don’t use those words normally but I am a huge supporter of real feedback that’s for sure. Sorry if it offended anyone but so glad you got everything working

No offense taken…GRANDPA! (congrats)…. I’m in the military…it’s our native language.  :)

TerryRed
                      @terryred

So after almost 3 years it finally happened.

I now have a lockdown bar…. as well as a new 1 player – 2 stick control panel (instead of the monster 2 player – 3 stick 1000 button panel).

The 2nd stick is still great for MAME 2 stick games, but is awesome for pinball games like The Getaway! But there’s a twist!

Presenting the world’s first control panel blower fan vent. ;) This works so much better for me than having it come out through the coin return or on top of the cab!

Is all of this goofy and different than everyone else’s cab? Yup…what else would you expect from me? :)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Finally. Now at least to me your cab makes sense. IF and when you enable that tilt bob ;-)

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Have not finished watching video but looks much better from little bit I watched! Will finish video later

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Have not finished watching video but looks much better from little bit I watched! Will finish video later

If you watch around 5:29…you’ll see a “celebrity cabinet” appearance!  ;)

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Nice!!

I did a video reply to terry :yes:

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              TerryRed
                                @terryred

I’ve seen ALL your videos so I remember your setup very well  :)

I noticed your chute looks even nicer than what you used to have (which looked and worked way better than what I had before). I didn’t plan on creating a control panel specifically for the fan…but when I saw I had the space there, I figured…why not? Of course I gotta be different.  :)

If I was building from scratch knowing what I do today…my cab would be VERY different. (more PB2K style Backbox)

If I had a “only screen visible” setup like yours, then I would have the blower probably back where it was at…but done a lot nicer than what I had…. and yes no room for any control panel. Pure pincab.

When building back then I didn’t even think about a control panel, but once I saw how much space I had left…I hated it…. but now I LOVE playing Arcade games and Vertical games on the pincab much more than in a normal MAME cab or bartop…. especially now with that I have MX leds and DOF being triggered on some games. (I forgot you guys haven’t seen that yet)

The reality with military life…is that its not predictable where i will be living. I could build up a few different cabs and then get posted to a place where I wont have the space for them anymore. This cab is my “best of both worlds”.

At least now I can swap out that panel any time I want now with a very lonely empty panel, and I can also just slide in glass now too, whereas before I couldn’t.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I know and your cab is looking good! Rails and lock bar at a huge improvement

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I should add that my video response was more teasing terry just love the way he said harasy(sp) about putting joysticks on the pincab :) funny stuff and as always enjoyed terry’s video  :good:

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    hlr53
                                    Participant
                                      @hlr53

Terry,

What model is your 4K TV? Apologies if you mentioned. When I built my cab in 2016 I put in an El-Cheapo 40″ Haier TV. $150 open box from Best Buy. It has a gaming mode with no lag but isn’t the sharpest pixeled TV on the planet, obviously due to the price. I would like to swap it out. Running i7-6700 and GTX1080, so plenty of horsepower.

Thanks,

–Harry

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Terry,

What model is your 4K TV? Apologies if you mentioned. When I built my cab in 2016 I put in an El-Cheapo 40″ Haier TV. $150 open box from Best Buy. It has a gaming mode with no lag but isn’t the sharpest pixeled TV on the planet, obviously due to the price. I would like to swap it out. Running i7-6700 and GTX1080, so plenty of horsepower.

Thanks,

–Harry

LG 43UJ63

This was simply the “at the time” cheapest 4K TV I could get that would also fit nicely in my cab. I didn’t buy it because it had the nicest picture over others,etc…blah,blah…  It was equally as good as the others at the same price at that time. I’m not saying it isn’t a good TV. I just don’t want others buying it thinking I thought it was the best choice.

hlr53
                                        Participant
                                          @hlr53

Thanks! As long as the flipper lag is low and it is fairly sharp.

I’ve been looking at LGs and I think they have great bang for the buck. Think I will hold off until our 4th of the July weekend. Should have some good sales on.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I present… the world premiere of BEZ BALL!

For my 20th Anniversary, I decided to do make a funny pinball game for my wife… about her! This game has many modes, and a main overall objective. To defeat THE BEZ! (my wife :) ). She actually plays and completes the entire game!

Definitely worth watching through the entire video guys. You’ve never seen a table quite like this before. It has a funny and cute build up to the final battle! You’ll be amused…

Featuring:

– funny and cute Pinup Player videos from our 20 years together
                                            – amazing voice acting from…myself! I did the voices of The BEZ, my kids, my dogs, and my mother-in law!
                                            – full DOF feedback, lighting, and MX leds
                                            – many modes including: Bez Ball, Ba Ba Ball, Zack Attack, Emily’s Magic Trick, and Bez Battle!
                                            – completely new table built from scratch (table, coding, sounds, music, videos, graphics) in less than 2 weeks. My first complete pinball table creation.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?