Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hoop22
    Participant
    @hoop22

Hello,

I’m trying to get PinSoundStudio working.  After I extract a sound package, the sound package folder seems to be correctly inside of the sound folder.  When I go to the Visual Pinball tab, there are no files list under (1).  I’ve tried several different versions on PinSound and they all seem to be doing the same thing.  I’m reading mention on a pinsound.dll file that may be needed but can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

the only good working version of pinsoundstudio that can use the sound package that you can found on pinsound.org or pinsound-community.org and that is working with vpinmame/VPX is the 18.8.3.

Upper version didn’t work anymore with VPX, lower version  (like 0.3 or 0.8 that you can now found on the site) use another obsolete version of the sound package.

check your private message

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by vothar.
    vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

also

you probably forgot to link the package to the rom in pinsound studio.optne pinsoudtudio ,  option 2, Select and install new zip sound package,  browse to the sound package you want, wait a while until a  green mark is near the browse button

then click on second tab to the right (Visual pinball)

click ont he pakage you download in the box to the right , and under the windows, enter the EXACT name of the rom that the table use (example cv_20h for cirqus voltaire) and that you want to link to the new sound package, click on save.

now let pinsoundstudio open

and run your table , them set vpinmame sound mode to 2 (click F1 when running the table, change sound mode to 2 , click OK, then quit and launch againt the table )

Now your table will use the new sounds.

dont forget that pinsoundstudio need to run in the background

jaydee
    Participant
    @jaydee

Hi,

I have the same problem to get PinSoundStudio working. On the  pinsound site only the actual pro version is available for download. Do you know, where I can get the legacy 18.8.3 version of PSS?

Thank You!

vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

look at your private message

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

thanks @vothar, i got it running.  This also involves a question that @thalamus was answering on another post.   I figured out why it wasnt working for me.  I had to run pinsound as admin, and then vpx, also.  It works with this version and the rom audio set to 2.  The only problem is that the music is playing through the BG speakers and the PF sounds speakers and sounds like crap.  I testes my setup with the audio at 0 so pinsound wasnt working and everything worked fine.

Unrelated but whenever i set something to admin, it asks me if i want to allow it to open before it opens everytime??

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

@armyaviation — There should be no need to run any Pinball Related Software As Administrator (Admin)
    Are you also running other things Admin?
    See here for more info  #7 & 23 : http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=faq

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by outhere.
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Yeah pinsound asked for admin and if 1 then both.  I actually set them both to no admin and they worked.  I want to figure out if I can just do as @thalamus suggested and set them in altsound folder and run as 1 and forget pinsound at this point.  I tried and it didn’t work but I will try again.  Thanks @outhere

vothar
    Participant
    @vothar

no you cant… altsound directory and mode 1 use an older and obsolete  sound pack encoding …. you need the 18.8.3 to use the sound package that you can found on pinsound.org and probably anywhere else…

the mode 1/altsound is here for history purpose but no one at the moment use it…

scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

The only problem is that the music is playing through the BG speakers and the PF sounds speakers and sounds like crap.

Assuming you’re using pinsound studio 18.8.3 then it outputs in surround sound by default. You need to swap out open32.dll in the pinsound folder to rectify it. See this post http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/topic/152-unsupported-sound-system-bsmt/&do=findComment&comment=1036 , the file is attached there.

Tom
    JoostProost
    Participant
    @vpjachim

Does somebody know where to get the pinsound 18.8.3 version? Would be appriciated. Thx :yes:

JoeDilon
    Participant
    @joedilon

Hello,

I search the 18.8.3 version of pinsound Studio, someone can help me and other..

Thank’s so much.

JD

scutters
    Participant
    @scutters

Here you go,

pinsound v18.8.3 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yoirs2edhhsrjq/PinSoundStudio-windows-18.8.3.zip?dl=0

openal32 from v0.9 of pinsound https://www.dropbox.com/s/reluc7mopoxtjz2/openal32.dll?dl=0

Should be all you need :-)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    JoostProost
    Participant
    @vpjachim

That’s great @scutters THX!! :yahoo:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW