Pinsound files for Sound Mode 1

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    scutters
    Participant
      @scutters

Altsound 1 packages won’t work with Altsound 2 and pinsound studio. You’d get missing file errors.

If that’s what’s happening you need to download packages in the new format, try http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/

Lefabulleux
      Participant
        @lefabulleux

I know but my issue was not with packages but with PSS. Installing 0.9 fixed my problem. But it does not support data east. A yway, some of the packages are quite fun

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

Trying to get pinsound working.  I downloaded a file, opened pinsound, it extracts the files, I assigned to rom name, opened vpinmame and tested rom and it worked when I set sound to 2.  When I open the actual table it doesn’t work.  Any advice

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

What version of pinsound are you using for what table ?

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

I downloaded it a year or so ago.  Not home at the moment.  I downloaded Star Wars for stwr_107, I think and Tommy and……guns n roses, and 1 more.  Now, I don’t have pinsound running in the background but for setting it up I had it open, I tried all 4 roms in the vpinmame test and they worked.  Sounded good!   Then with pinsound still open I launched Star Wars, same rom, and it didn’t work

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

In general, if it is the old format ( not xxxxx-samplename ) but folders like music, jingle etc. Then you can set soundmode in pinmame to 1 and put the folder under vpinmame\altsound\<romname>\ … here comes sub folders music, jingle etc. And it should work. There seems to also be possible to play some of the newer – crypted samples as well, as long as you have a pinsound.csv file controlling them. (Pretty sure Lucky1 made this, but, it isn’t really well documented what the different fields does in details). Normally this format will required you to run pinsound in the background and map the rom to the sample folder via the application. I haven’t experimented very much with pinsound, what I do know though is that you can create a file inside every of these music, jingle etc folders named gain.txt and if you in that file put eg. 30, the samples will play louder than if there is no such file. I found some time ago, somone saying that the default value is 10 so.

It is probably best to run pinsound as a program in the background and I believe you have to run one of the newer releases in order to play them all. The older “format”, seems to have left the download area.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

there are 2 threads that are very similar so i will post on the other one and tag it here.  Thanks @thalamus

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinsound-dll/

vothar
                  Participant
                    @vothar

…. I believe you have to run one of the newer releases in order to play them all. The older “format”, seems to have left the download area.

– newer is at the moment (june 2020) the pinsound studio v18.8.3 … anythink newer than that didn’t work anymore with visual pinball…
                    this version is the minimum-maximum-needed version

Black Mage
                    Participant
                      @blackmage

Does anyone know where I can find the pinsound software to run with VPX?  All I can find is pinsound studio pro v19.+, which doesn’t seem to have any functionality to link roms.

scutters
                      Participant
                        @scutters

Does anyone know where I can find the pinsound software to run with VPX? All I can find is pinsound studio pro v19.+, which doesn’t seem to have any functionality to link roms.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinsound-dll/#post-192132 ;-)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?