PinUp – how to pause game?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    Participant
      @flash

I have looked high and low and cannot find anything. I could in Pinball X and can in VPX or FP. I did a search for “pause” on the wiki and found nothing, and have not found anything in this forum or VPForums.

HELP

Westworld
      Participant
        @westworld

Try the escape button. That should pause, press again that should continue.

I was unable to find a way to assign another key or assign a joystick button, so to use a button on your cabinet, you need to have a controller which can mimic a keyboard.

portyman
        Participant
          @portyman

I believe F2 pauses the game.

Flash
          Participant
            @flash

Try the escape button. That should pause, press again that should continue.

I was unable to find a way to assign another key or assign a joystick button, so to use a button on your cabinet, you need to have a controller which can mimic a keyboard.

I have a cabinet that worked fine with Pinball X using controller. Am able to assign any keyboard keys to any of the buttons on the cab. I also have it set up on my computer in desktop mode, so it has a keyboard. I can press ALL the keys if I desire.

I have VPX set so that “W” exits game in VPX key mapping settings.

If I assign the “quit emulator” control in PinUp to “ESC” it obviously quits the game as does “W” (mirroring VPX) which does not return to PinUP, but goes to desktop.

If I assign the “quit emulator” control in PinUp to “Q”, hitting “ESC” either 1) does nothing is I have “Disable ESC” checked in VPX, or 2) returns to desktop (no PinUp) if “disable ESC” is unchecked in VPX.

I believe F2 pauses the game.

This does nothing in either a game launched in PinUp or just opened normally through VPX.

Bottom line is that there is no key assignment for “Pause Game”, so now what?

lukpcn
            Participant
              @lukpcn

did You come to any conclusion with pause ? I need pause for my son playing when using VPX with Popper.

Flash
              Participant
                @flash

Yeah, doesn’t work. Popper has issues with VLC also. I had installed a version simply to look at videos, then nothing works. Uninstalling didn’t fix it. Sorry but that is not a feasible solution. Pinball Y seems to be a viable option.

nikolafeve
                Participant
                  @nikolafeve

Hey. Is there something new about this thread? Is someone found a solution to pause vpx launched via pinup popper ? Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?