PinUp menu – errors while flipping through tables

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scooby
    Participant
      @scooby

I have been setting up this great new frontend and am encountering some error messages. While flipping through VPX tables I get various error pop ups, once I have flipped through several tables from the PUP menu. Sometimes after getting one of these errors, PUP stops working and I need to Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

One error I keep getting has to do with an invalid “Portable Network Graphics” image and the other error I’m seeing says “List index out of bounds”.

Any help in tracking down the culprit files and fixing this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Scooby
      Participant
        @scooby

Do I just have some corrupt .png files somewhere?

If so, it must be one or more of my wheel images, since all of my playfield and backglass videos are flv and mp4 formats. If it helps troubleshoot, I use the same wheel images as I did in Pinballx.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

looks like a bad png…  if you run pinupmenu.exe -log as shortcut… you can look at log and see which file/table it was trying to load at the time of error.

Scooby
          Participant
            @scooby

I couldn’t find the log file, but when flipping through tables slowly in popper, I found two bad .png files. After replacing those, these errors have stopped. Thanks!

knightrider
            Participant
              @knightrdrx

There is no log. took 2 hours to figure out a black background is the culprit but some of the default wheels that came with 1.4.1 are giving errors such as the visual pinball x one and the recently played i think it was. but a black background would appear as a thumb for some reason even if the wheel image looked fine when opening it.

so now i have to find a new whirlwind and whitewater.

knightrider
              Participant
                @knightrdrx

still popped up and there’s wheel no image there! oh i had a wheel image in there that wasn’t on the playlist that was messing it up…ugh..i’m tired.

bishop83
                Participant
                  @bishop83

hi everyone first of all thankyou for this awesome frontend easy to use and set up really like it but im haveing this problem as well i have removed all media for the table (terminator 2) and i still get this error when i select it going from the right it pops with error however if i select it from the left it doesnt any help would be appreciated

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

To post a picture click on the icon top Right

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Sounds like you have an image or a video file it doesn’t like

Try moving all the files out of one folder at a time

bishop83
                      Participant
                        @bishop83

20190614_110406

bishop83
                        Participant
                          @bishop83

20190614_110402

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

you should run popperdoctor.exe and use test all media button.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            bishop83
                            Participant
                              @bishop83

ok so I ran popperdoctor it only searches thru future pinball so I renamed vpx to future pinball temporarily it went thru all the media and found no errors

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

the fact that you say using a different ‘key’ affects it.  check your popper controller/keys setup and make sure you didn’t set same key on different functions.

also, if thats ok…reset thumbs in wheelbar setup as well might do something.

bishop83
                                Participant
                                  @bishop83

so I found the problem it was a wheel totally unrelated to terminator 2 or the rolling stones which was causing the error it was the flash so hopefully this may help others that sometimes it’s not the wheel that pops with the error that is the problem thanks for everyone’s help

svk-1
                                  Participant
                                    @svk-1

I had the same invalid “Portable Network Graphics” image and  “List index out of bounds” errors. I wrote a PowerShell script that optimizes all png files in my POPMedia directory. It uses the program OptiPNG. It fixes all CRC errors of the PNG files. See attachment…

To allow execution of Powershell scripts start Windows PowerShell with the “Run as Administrator” option. And run set-executionpolicy remotesigned

Don’t forget to backup your POPMedia dir first!

Attachments:
                                    NailBuster
                                      @nailbuster
                                      ModeratorMember

neat, also just to add to thread.

The latest version of popper doctor (grab latest from wiki doctor page), has option to find/test for crc errors and will tell you which file is ‘corrupt’.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?