PinUP Menu is working – Pinup Player doesn´t

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    taispin
    Participant
      @taispin

Hy – i Need your help.

I installed the latest pinup popper. the menu is working great.

but i dont understand, how i can get the pinup Player to work.. i downloaded the Attack from Mars Pup-Pack and extracted it in the pinup Videos Folder. I use the correct Rom.

when i start the table (it´s the one from dozer) then nothing happens… just playing afm as usual.

i dont understand the using of the pinup Player :cry:

can somebody help me please ???

thank you !!!

btw: thank you so much for your great work with this new great frontend ! the v-pin community is fantastic.

Nupsi
      Participant
        @nupsi

Same here. I created a test pup pack (FX3 Back To The Future) but no matter what I try, I can´t get the videos to show up on the backglass or topper. DMDExt works just fine. PupCaps-grabbing works fine and I put the edited files in /table/PupCapture in numerical order (1.bpm, 2.bmp, 3.bmp etc.).

File format of the videos is MP4 (H264, 5MBits, 1280x720px, 29,97fps) and they are running just fine with VLC 2.2.8 32bit. I did every bit the same as Terry does in his video but I have no idea how PinUp-System knows that it should now use the PupPack for the table? Is there any kind of log-file or info-output?

EDIT: Btw…how do I delete a Playlist Folder in PupPack-Editor? :wacko:

Here is my PupPack so far:

Attachments:
        NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

look at your puplog.txt in vpinmame folder.

if its not there…then your vpinmame/freezy/pup is not configured correctly.

Nupsi
          Participant
            @nupsi

look at your puplog.txt in vpinmame folder.
            if its not there…then your vpinmame/freezy/pup is not configured correctly.

Here is my PUPLOG.txt and as far as I can tell everything looks fine. PinUp found the game and the pupcap-images. I just have no idea what “Free Object Display” means and if there should be more in the log?

20180502 22:33:45 Open called
            20180502 22:33:45 Set Game Name thread UNIVERSAL_BTTF
            20180502 22:33:45 Set B2S init
            20180502 22:33:55 Start Thread Matching
            20180502 22:33:55 create PuPCap
            20180502 22:33:55 Init Game name:UNIVERSAL_BTTF
            20180502 22:33:55 Create Object Display
            20180502 22:33:55 imagedir:C:\PinUPSystem\PuPVideos\UNIVERSAL_BTTF\PuPCapture
            20180502 22:33:55 num images 9
            20180502 22:35:41 Free Object Display

EDIT: In another thread you mentioned to check if the B2S backglass-plugins are active and they are!

Attachments:
            NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

your log looks fine.

in your puppack,  if you set under screens topper/backglass a playlist and image… do the screens comeup when playing fx?

also,  you used pupcapture to capture the dmdscreens bmps from freezy? or I think you said you used a different method?

try a few captures using pupcatpure to see if it has to do with the difference between freezes caps.

taispin
              Participant
                @taispin

unfortunately i dont have a puplog.txt or a vpinmame/freezy/pup  :scratch:

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

unfortunately i dont have a puplog.txt or a vpinmame/freezy/pup :scratch:

if you don’t have a puplog.txt… then you need to watch TerryReds videos again.  Even the one about v1.2 player install will help you find out why your vpinmame isn’t setup correctly.

Nupsi
                  Participant
                    @nupsi

your log looks fine.
                    in your puppack, if you set under screens topper/backglass a playlist and image… do the screens comeup when playing fx?

No they don´t and that´s what was really weird. But after I removed the selected files from “Background Filename” and added a “Background Playlist” for backglass and topper the videos showed up :yahoo: So maybe it´s a bad idea to directly add a backglass- /topper-video as file instead of using folders?!

also, you used pupcapture to capture the dmdscreens bmps from freezy? or I think you said you used a different method?
                    try a few captures using pupcatpure to see if it has to do with the difference between freezes caps.

Thanks for mentioned it because I did not thought about this. But after the videos showed up the pupcaps grabbed directly with freezy work just fine :yes:

The last problems I have (for now) are:
                    1.) the layer-behavior of backglass, popper and dmd. They´re switching their position quite frequently. Most of the time popper and DMD are behind the backglass-video and setting their priority does´nt seem to have any effect at all.
                    2.) The menu and wheel do some crazy things like: The playfield-videos disappear sometimes and sometimes they´re strangely zoomed and do not fill the whole screen. Also while scrolling through the tables the center(zoomed) wheel image jumps to the left for a short moment before the whole wheel skips to the next table. Also the wheel is not centered on the screen but instead a little off to the right.

But I will do some more research before I bother you with that. Thank you for your time and effort, Nailbuster :bye:

taispin
                    Participant
                      @taispin

Thank you NailBuster.

i watched terry‘s vids. But i dont know what to do with freezy‘s dmdext.

to which folder do i have to extract the zip?

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

Thank you NailBuster.

i watched terry‘s vids. But i dont know what to do with freezy‘s dmdext.

to which folder do i have to extract the zip?

The install instructions say to install DMDext 1.6 to your VPinMAME folder.  Then you need to have freezy working with your pinmame setup for VPX on each table. (use external dll). After that you need ton install PinUP System as it will then update DMDext 1.6 to a version that works with PinUP Player’s PuPCapture feature.

For FX3 you then need to launch FX3 with the correct dmdext command line for PuPCapture to work.  In Popper there are already correct examples given for this that you need to change for your setup depending on your hardware.

taispin
                        Participant
                          @taispin

The install instructions say to install DMDext 1.6 to your VPinMAME folder. Then you need to have freezy working with your pinmame setup for VPX on each table. (use external dll). After that you need ton install PinUP System as it will then update DMDext 1.6 to a version that works with PinUP Player’s PuPCapture feature.

Thx Terry – i did exactly what you wrote above… i think, DMDext 1.6 is working because i see the “new” DMD when i start the table.

(i just unzipped the dmdext.zip to the vpinmame/dmdext folder – is that the problem ?)

As a test – I also copied freezys dll to the vpinmame root and did the pinup install again…

But when i start the afm – i only see a new DMD but no pinup Video …

TerryRed
                            @terryred

The install instructions say to install DMDext 1.6 to your VPinMAME folder. Then you need to have freezy working with your pinmame setup for VPX on each table. (use external dll). After that you need ton install PinUP System as it will then update DMDext 1.6 to a version that works with PinUP Player’s PuPCapture feature.

Thx Terry – i did exactly what you wrote above… i think, DMDext 1.6 is working because i see the “new” DMD when i start the table.

(i just unzipped the dmdext.zip to the vpinmame/dmdext folder – is that the problem ?)

As a test – I also copied freezys dll to the vpinmame root and did the pinup install again…

But when i start the afm – i only see a new DMD but no pinup Video …

You need ALL  of DMDext files installed in vpinmame folder (not the dmdext folder) and fully working. Then when pinupsystem is installed it will replace the dmdext.exe and dmddevice.dll (in VPinMAME, not the dmdext folder!) with the version it needs, and it also edits the dmddevice.ini file to add a couple of entries that are needed for PuPCapture to work.

You must also make sure the PuPB2SDriver is installed in your Table\plugins folder. Make sure that the plug-in is working.

You also must have your tables in the “Tables” folder where B2S Server is installed, or the PuP-Pack won’t initialize.

taispin
                            Participant
                              @taispin

Thanks again, Terry.

The PuPB2SDriver is installed in the correct folder. The Tables are in the right folder.

When the DMDext files were installed in the folder “DMDExt”, I saw a second DMD when I started a table. But no PuP-Videos…

After copying the files to the VPinmame-Root folder (and deleting the files from the DMDExt folder), I re-installed PuP (for changing the dll files).

Now… when I start a table (Avatar or Tron), I can see the BG and the Table – but no DMD. After a few seconds VPX is closing.

I don’t understand whats going on.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Thanks again, Terry.

The PuPB2SDriver is installed in the correct folder. The Tables are in the right folder.

When the DMDext files were installed in the folder “DMDExt”, I saw a second DMD when I started a table. But no PuP-Videos…

After copying the files to the VPinmame-Root folder (and deleting the files from the DMDExt folder), I re-installed PuP (for changing the dll files).

Now… when I start a table (Avatar or Tron), I can see the BG and the Table – but no DMD. After a few seconds VPX is closing.

I don’t understand whats going on.

Make sure you are trying this outside of any front end to narrow things down.

You may need to change the a91jit (i may have the spelled wrong) setting for those tables in the registry. (I’m at work, so I can’t tell you exactly where. DJRobX would know). I know I needed to, as some SAM tables will crash if that isn’t changed…especially when using PuP.

When you run the table, press F1, and do your settings look like this?

If they are set like that, then you should now be using freezy’s external DLL. You may need to change setting in the dmddevice.ini to suit your hardware setup (real DMD, virtual DMD,etc).

Gromit
                                Participant
                                  @gromit

Hi Terry…

Quick question on the Tron PuP pack… I am using the 3 screen Pup pack, and it seems to work, but the light changing frames do not change color at all. I don’t have DOF hooked up in my cab yet, is that dependent on DOF for that effect? I get videos in the backglass and Topper… DMD working great, but those darn frames don’t change. Any idea why?

Thanks!

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Hi Terry…

Quick question on the Tron PuP pack… I am using the 3 screen Pup pack, and it seems to work, but the light changing frames do not change color at all. I don’t have DOF hooked up in my cab yet, is that dependent on DOF for that effect? I get videos in the backglass and Topper… DMD working great, but those darn frames don’t change. Any idea why?

Thanks!

The 3 on 1 will only change the overlay still images (the neon frame colours) when you go into some of the multiball modes, that’s it. Whereas the Max Pack doesnt use overlays. The neon colour changes are part of the videos, so that’s why you see it change a lot more in the Max Pack version.

Gromit
                                    Participant
                                      @gromit

Gotcha… thanks Terry, I’m going to try out the Max Pack.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?