Pinup menu media scraping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mrbumps
    Participant
      @mrbumps

Hi all,

maybe a noob question here, but search as I might I simply cannot find the answer. Is there any kind of media scraper for pinup menu? Such as in pinball x where I can use the games manager and automatically get table data, images, startup audio, wheels and so forth.

is there something?

thanks

-RpT
      Participant
        @rpt

If you have a bunch of art from another frontend and they are named the same as the games you are running in pinup, you can drop those files in the respective folders and pinup will use them.

For stuff named similar but not the same (so wasn’t auto-detected) there are built-in rename and copy functions in the media manager which can speed up the process of correcting your media a little bit.

For stuff you don’t yet have, there is a media server you can pull artwork from but it’s a case of using that to preview then download each individual artwork file one at a time (for many there will be multiple options available on the server). Upside of this is that there should be no incorrect artwork but the downside is that it’s time-consuming to do a large number of tables where you don’t have any art yet.

Over-all there are some other quality of life features so the process is certainly bearable but it’s not as easy as say a frontend that calls your emumovies account to download all of your artwork en mass.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Pinup popper has a media server. But, I haven’t used it myself, so I don’t know the details.

mrbumps
          Participant
            @mrbumps

Thanks for the answers. I have around 50 tables and most of the art work already so copying it over makes sense. But the option to use the media server is a great option for those new tables as they come along

mrbumps
            Participant
              @mrbumps

A quick follow up. I went searching for the media server and could not find it. A search online also does not seem to mention this. Can you tell me the filename?

Oldschool4
              Participant
                @oldschool4

You have to install Pinup Popper to access it.

mrbumps
                Participant
                  @mrbumps

I have pinup popper installed and running.

Oldschool4
                  Participant
                    @oldschool4

Media Manager? :scratch:

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Don’t remember, but, I believe you have to be on 1.4.2 or something – be sure to run the latest.

mrbumps
                      Participant
                        @mrbumps

ok, I found it eventually in the media manager. BUT….. I can scrape information but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get media. Again… am I missing something here?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

If you got facebook – it is generally a good idea to join the pinup group. It is not that, Nailbuster reads these forums, but, questions can be left unanswered a bit longer. I have no idea as I don’t like round wheels and renaming of my files.

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

if you’re on current version then you can do this on any display:

gwarrior
                            Participant
                              @gwarrior

HI everyone.  I just installed the PinUp Popper front end and am trying to install media for the menu.  It looks like the media server would be the easiest way, but when I go into the media manager, the icons that access the media server (the icons in the red circles, per the attached image from the wiki) are not present.  Does anyone know how to get the links to appear?

172f5e7fb5b8b2395bd10467d6c344a4

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Are you on version 1.4.4

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                gwarrior
                                Participant
                                  @gwarrior

No, I downloaded it from nailbiter around a week ago, and their website has 1.4.1

I see now that you can get 1.4.4 after installing 1.4.1

I’ll try that and see what happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?