PinUp Player B2S Plugin Won’t Activate

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dcbenji
    Participant
      @dcbenji

Trying to get up and running with PinUp Player and most of the threads say to “make sure the PinUp Player plugin is activated”. I can’t get B2S to ‘see’ my plugin.

• I’ve got all the permissions turned on on all the folders in a new Windows 10 installation.
      • I’ve got the ‘plugins’ folder set up in the ‘tables’ folder with the shortcut to the PinUPPlayerB2SDriver drivers folder.

When I open my table and right-click on the backglass, “activate plugins” is checked but  the ‘plugins settings’ is still grayed out as if B2S has not found any plugins. I’ve tried re-registering B2S, PinUpPlayer etc, but B2S never seems to see the plugin.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Trying to get up and running with PinUp Player and most of the threads say to “make sure the PinUp Player plugin is activated”. I can’t get B2S to ‘see’ my plugin.

• I’ve got all the permissions turned on on all the folders in a new Windows 10 installation.
        • I’ve got the ‘plugins’ folder set up in the ‘tables’ folder with the shortcut to the PinUPPlayerB2SDriver drivers folder. When I open my table and right-click on the backglass, “activate plugins” is checked but the ‘plugins settings’ is still grayed out as if B2S has not found any plugins. I’ve tried re-registering B2S, PinUpPlayer etc, but B2S never seems to see the plugin.

As is stated in the PuP install wiki in red …

ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE!

If you use any kind of Anti-Virus or Malware software… it is HIGHLY recommend that you DISABLE it while installing ALL software! Some parts may get flagged and removed even though it is safe and clean. It is also very important to add “exceptions” to the folders where you install all of this software… including any Pinup related software. You have been warned!

LET’S BE CLEAR. THE #1 most common issue in setting up PinUP is your ANTI-VIRUS. If you use the Windows GUI and turn off defender (windows will AUTOMATICALLY turn it back on after a while). The only method is to ADD exceptions for PinUP folder and your virtual pinball folders (or remove permanently/entirely anti-virus through group-policies or other methods).

7zip

Highly recommended to use the free 7zip to deal with ALL *.zip files!!!

This is because Windows will “block” many files that come from other locations. This results in some programs NOT working correctly and will give you endless headaches. 7zip will automatically “unblock” all files that you extract from a *.zip file.

Download from:

https://www.7-zip.org/

However… NEVER assume the files aren’t blocked! ALWAYS right-click the file and check Properties to be sure, and “unblock” the file it Windows has blocked it!

dcbenji
        Participant
          @dcbenji

Thanks, I’ve got 7z now and have also turned off windows defender permanently in the registery. Someone else told me that you HAVE to have freezy installed in order for PuP Packs/PinUP Player to work. Is this accurate?

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Yes you need Freezy and pinup player installed for PuPPacks
            If you do everything it says here it is a piece of cake to set up
            http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

dcbenji
            Participant
              @dcbenji

Thanks, I finally stumbled across an article that clarified that “unblocking” a file is related to Windows Defender and is not another means of describing  how to disable user/admin file permissions (which is what I thought). My primary machine is Mac so I had totally forgotten about the ‘unblock’ checkbox. I ran a powershell command to the entire drive my setup is installed on to unblock every file and also permanently disabled Defender in the system registry. Here’s an article on how to do that if anyone runs into the same problem:

Permanently Disable Windows Defender

And here is an article on how to unblock all the files on a drive or in a folder at once:

https://www.dtonias.com/unblock-files-powershell/

Finally the PINup player plugin is working in B2S!

ericpillon
              Participant
                @ericpillon

hello  i need help / PUP packs

pup pack of harry potter, stranger things are working correctly

but for1 week, i am trying to have “pup pack” for “simplier pinballs” :  elvis, avatar …  without success !!

pinuplayerconfigdisplays.bat  is OK (screens well placed),   pinupplayertest.exe is OK,  pinupplayertestpack.exe  is OK  : i can see video of elvis on backglass  —> so i think pinup player is OK
                i have unlock allthe files under “tables” directory   so including “Plugins” directory & files (B2SServerPluginInterface.dll    and    PinUpPlayerB2SDriver.dll)      and “pinupplayer”  directory & files (includingall packs in “PUPvideos”)
                I installed the last B2S Backglass server 1.3.0.4
                I installed new DMD —> i can cross in playfield “Use external DMD”  : it is working
                Visual Pinball is version 10.5.0
                but i have just still the problem on B2S server :   “plugings setting” stay gray

i read the help      http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

and i do not know what i missed ?

Any idea ?

Eric :scratch:

outhere
                  @outhere

@ericpillon   Have you found any blocked files?

outhere
                    @outhere

To add pictures click on the icon at the top right

ericpillon
                    Participant
                      @ericpillon

normally i have unlock all the files  under directory “tables”  using a commande cgi … unlock via powershell

but seems not enough

it seems that B2S server can not find the 2 DLL i placed in “plugins”    perhaps i made a mistake in files placement ?

i join a screenshot of my disk organization … something wrong (ie:  i have no PINUPSYSTEM directory under “C root” but only PINUPLayer and plugins  under “table”, …)

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
                      outhere
                        @outhere

Re-check or maybe start over

Everything you need for Pinup Player and if you want to install Popper
                        Directions, Videos by Terryred, Videos by Nailbuster And troubleshooting if needed…
                        It is very important that you follow every step correctly or you will have problems..
                        http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

ericpillon
                        Participant
                          @ericpillon

i put the link in “plugins” directory instead of files  … now the “plug setting” in B2S vserver is black

i tried ELVIS and Pup pack seems OK

i tried AVATAR : few video appears but not as much as expected  …

i opened avr_200 with pup pack editor and  go in page Triggers :  it seems that videos with trigger W.. are launched  but not the one with D.. (ie: D2 is Game start  and i do not see it)    Why ?

Eric

ericpillon
                          Participant
                            @ericpillon

no in fact same issue on ELVIS   all video triggers by D…  aree not launched

and all videos trigers by W??? are OK    —> Why ?

ericpillon
                            Participant
                              @ericpillon

but if i test some events D1, D2 or others  via “test VB PUP” :  it is OK

Attachments:
                              ericpillon
                              Participant
                                @ericpillon

SOLVED !!    i discovered that the new DMDDEVICE .dll of freezy 1.7.1 was not copy in my directory because of admninistrator access to replce file

so i moved the old dll somewhereelse and only after i could copy the new one in VPINMAME directory

and now when i actived DMD externe       evryvideo are launched correctly

HAPPY ! :good:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?