Pinup Player – cant get it to work with tables

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    razormania
    Participant
      @razormania

Hi, I need serious help. I did step by step following nailbuster video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okUzulvM-10&feature=youtu.be and also Terryred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hfLE0u4FA&list=PL2IHXuHy33Ri5fgUD8iqJfezwZUgNqnOt&index=10 and I cant get dmd,topper or backglass to work.

I only installed Pinup player 1.4.1. I cant get dmd,topper or backglass to work(showup on screen) I didnt install PinUP System v1.4 and I do not have any other versions of Pinup system installed(If I have to install all of Pinup system files their is no 1.3  download link and 1.3.1 is updated files and if I start their will all the right files be their). Ive been working on this all day with no good result.  Tables all work.  I made sure everything downloaded was unblocked and did it all down to a T.

Please help, i would like the full experience of desktop before I go to multiple screens.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

I don’t use Pinup Popper (yet) so I can’t help you specifically on your issue. But I can say that you need to provide more info. For example, you just say it doesn’t work.  Whoever can help you needs specifics like:  it is crashing with no error, I get a black screen, it is crashing with an error (so you would need to post the error), it is crashing on the install, install appears to be successful but it crashes, it is not crashing and pinup popper does load up fine but the tables aren’t working…. etc, etc. etc

help us, help you.  More details please.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

You installed pinup player with this guide – Your best bet is to install the whole thing, Then the updates
          http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide
          Once you have the full system installed click on the link at the bottom and install the latest update
          I have this on my desktop works fine that’s what I did

razormania
          Participant
            @razormania

Outhere i followed those  instructions.  What do you mean by full system?

outhere
              @outhere

Installing PinUP Player (STEP ONE):
              Installing PinUP Popper FrontEnd (STEP TWO
              And if you never use the front end it’ll just sit there

razormania
              Participant
                @razormania

I installed pinup player 1.4.1 only , pinup popper i did not install because its a front end , i have pinball x as a front end

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

Install it, maybe it installs other stuff you need (and just don’t use it)

edit: just wanted to add PUP packs work great here, no issues but I also did as outthere suggests: I installed both, I just haven’t configured and don’t use (yet) the front end

gtxjoe
                  Participant
                    @gtxjoe

What step in the Nailbuster tutorial video did you get a different result from what is shown in the video?

razormania
                    Participant
                      @razormania

installing pinup player (step one) this part is confusing.  Due i just install 1.4.1 or do i have to start at 1.3 the 1st version. Instructions say i need all the older versions. SOo just install 1.4.1 and the older updates say pinup system, thats what is baffling me. Due I need pinup system before pinup  player?

outhere
                        @outhere

If you went by the link above that is The setup program when doing a new installation

Then install 1.42 then 1.44

The 1.3 version is for people that set it up way back when it 1st came out

razormania
                        Participant
                          @razormania

SO  just install 1.42 then 1.44 no other versions correct

razormania
                          Participant
                            @razormania

im doing fresh install of everything according to http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide. I wiped everything out,  so only start at 1.42 for pinup player then install 1.44

Falcon
                            Participant
                              @falcon

Can I ask something? I have it all working myself everything loads the back glass loads and all the videos do also but the videos keep getting stuck in the back ground and don’t pull forward. Here is what it looks like at first and when I alt-tab the video forward. Any help would be great. It is VPX.

sttngsttng1

Thanks,

Falcon

razormania
                              Participant
                                @razormania

Ok did fresh install of everything and still not able to see pinup player dmd, topper or backglass. I installed v 1.4.1, 1.4.2, then 1.4.4. I tried jaws Future pinball and jaws vpx pup packs same result nothing works. The tables run fine.  On samtilts Jaws i still get the dmd and topper that was installed with the table

razormania
                                Participant
                                  @razormania

FInally got the player to work.  Had to go into the Pinup pack editor.

razormania
                                  Participant
                                    @razormania

thanks for everyones help

outhere
                                      @outhere

Good to hear

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

FInally got the player to work. Had to go into the Pinup pack editor.

Good to hear but for future members with similar problems, it is good to know the solution.  So with that in mind, what did you have to do in the pinup pack editor?

Falcon
                                        Participant
                                          @falcon

anybody got an idea way when you run a pup pack that it works great but then a BG video gets triggered it pulls the video in front of the BG frame?

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Falcon not sure if I understand your question but just to confirm if you run a pip pack you are NOT supposed to also be using a db2s so if you have a matching db2S, rename it

if you mean the pup pack doesn’t seem to Show the video properly within the backglass frame maybe you did not set up the backglass to the proper resolution?  Hard to tell

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?