PinUP Player: How to create PuP-Packs. Video Tutorials!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Here you go guys!

This will be the home for my PinUP Player: How to Create a PuP-Pack tutorial video series!

PART 1:  The Basics, How to use the “PinUPPack Editor”, and how DOF / B2S triggering works. I demonstrate how to create your own “simple” PuP-Pack for Visual Pinball using “The Addam’s Family” table with only B2S triggers.

This is Part 2 of my PinUP Player Pup-Pack tutorial videos.

In this video I talk all about how PuPCapture works. PuPCapture is how PinUP Player monitors the DMD output (using DMDext) to trigger videos based on specific images its sees. I show how you create them and how you use them in a PuP-Pack. I used Tron Legacy VPX as a test table.

I’ll update this thread with any new videos related to this topic!

ENJOY!

3 users thanked author for this post.
      MillionMan
      Participant
        @millionman

Thanks for your Good videos Terry!

Anyone has some insight on how to just add a Topper video for FX3?

I managed to create a topper for VPX but because FX3 is not ROM based, PuP editor does not seem to work with fx3.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Thanks for your Good videos Terry!

Anyone has some insight on how to just add a Topper video for FX3?

I managed to create a topper for VPX but because FX3 is not ROM based, PuP editor does not seem to work with fx3.

Watch the videos. The process is no different for FX3 in terms of getting and using pupcpature dmd images….as that is your only real option to use for FX3. That said… if it’s a Williams FX3 table, do the pupcapture on VPX instead as that is a much easier way to do it.

Johnny844
          Participant
            @johnny844

HI Terry,

I have the same issue with MillionMan, I can create custom toppers for VPX but have no idea how to do it for FX3… would be really awesome when you have time, to make a video on creating toppers for FX3 or even just instructions on how to  link up Pinup Play with FX3 since FX3 have no roms I dont know what to name the pinupvideo folders :S

Jko

Johnny844
            Participant
              @johnny844

did you figure out how to add a topper to FX3? Im stuck on the same problem :S

Jko

TerryRed
                @terryred

HI Terry,

I have the same issue with MillionMan, I can create custom toppers for VPX but have no idea how to do it for FX3… would be really awesome when you have time, to make a video on creating toppers for FX3 or even just instructions on how to link up Pinup Play with FX3 since FX3 have no roms I dont know what to name the pinupvideo folders :S

The Aliens FX3 pup-pack is an example you can use for reference.

FX3 does NOT use VPinMAME or B2S Server, therefor you wont have the same capability or options.

FX3 pup-pack Creation:

• your ONLY option is to use PUPCapture as shown in the video above
                • the only difference from using pupcapture in vpx (as shown in the above video), is FX3 uses dmdext.exe (or pupdmdcontrol) for mirroring the DMD
                • edit dmddevicePUP.ini and set showdmd=1 (to display and send the mirrored FX3 DMD to pupcapture)
                • you need to be using dmdext.exe (or pupdmdcontrol) with the correct pup command parameters to start pupcapture (and also start the pup-pack if one exists)
                • if you can’t see the fx3 dmd in the pupcapture program, then you don’t have pup or dmdext/pupdmdcontrol setup and working correctly
                • the “name” of the fx3 pup-pack will be the same name as the fx3 table file in the “Pinball FX3\data\steam” folder

Johnny844
                Participant
                  @johnny844

Thanks Terry, im gona give it a try. as always, thank you for helping our community :)

Jko

Johnny844
                  Participant
                    @johnny844

Hi terry, was just wondering if you know a way to activate topper videos in pinup player for PinFX3 on launching the table.

Meaning without using any triggers, just play the topper video at lunch. This way we won’t need PUPcapture to add a generic topper video for pinFX3 ?

been searching everywhere but can’t find any instructions on this. You advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Jko

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Hi terry, was just wondering if you know a way to activate topper videos in pinup player for PinFX3 on launching the table.

Meaning without using any triggers, just play the topper video at lunch. This way we won’t need PUPcapture to add a generic topper video for pinFX3 ?

been searching everywhere but can’t find any instructions on this. You advice would be greatly appreciated :)

If you just want a looping topper video per table for FX3….. your front-end can do that. No need for pup-packs.

To answer the original question. “D0” is a “startup” trigger that will automatically be used at startup of a pup-pack. The Background Video also automatically gets used on startup when you set it for the Topper screen.

brandonkelley
                      Participant
                        @brandonkelley

Hey Terry is there a guide anywhere that shows how to make the backglass frame? In other words shown the videos in a smaller section of the backglass rather than fullscreen?

AyatollahOfRock
                        Participant
                          @rshow1971

Hello and a huge thank you for these amazing tutorials!   I am on my way making my first pup pack with Baywatch(for personal use, not sure it will be good enough to share).   I have successfully created multiple triggers using DMD screen, which is awesome!  again thank you so much.

I have the ball drain set to a DMD capture image and this works great.

However, i wanted to play an alternate playlist when right outlane is used;  when multiball is active it still triggers.

Should i be using a variable from the script i.e. ballsinplay >1 and W58=1?

Just not sure how to interact with the table script (if that is even possible?) or how to handle not firing when there are multiple balls in play and make it only fire when

it is the last ball that drains on the right outlane?  Or can i reference the Drain control that is on the table?

thank you

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

Should i be using a variable from the script i.e. ballsinplay >1 and W58=1?
                            Just not sure how to interact with the table script (if that is even possible?) or how to handle not firing when there are multiple balls in play and make it only fire when

it is the last ball that drains on the right outlane? Or can i reference the Drain control that is on the table?

With ROM based tables there’s only so much you can ‘hook’ into.  But if you want to modify table script and process/fire your own custom ‘pupevents’ then see this page for modify table scripts.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pup_capture

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            AyatollahOfRock
                            Participant
                              @rshow1971

Thank you, i was focused on finding videos and didn’t know this page existed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?