PinUP Player Installer

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

What is this sourcery ?? I turn my back for a month or so, there’s a hundred VPX updates, a bunch of stunning tables I haven’t even had a chance to look at properly, and now I stumble across this .. ( actually I saw PinUp Player in a post and then googled it, headed to another forum to find out what it was, and then realised it was here all along .. doh! )

Looks like an amazing addon, Terrys vids look easy to follow, cheers Terry, and I can’t wait to dive into it !

Thanks @NailBuster !

Johngreve
      Participant
        @johngreve

It’s only the best thing ever….

Slydog43
        Participant
          @slydog43

How can I rerun the setup portion to set the screen sizes and resolutions.  I tried deleting the

PinUpPlayer.ini, and ran the bat PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays but nothing happens.  I messed up some values and want to rerun setup.  Looking really neat though

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

you shouldn’t delete the ini file completely.  if you run pinupdisplay.exe manually,  look in your system-tray for the pinup icon, then right-click on it and press configure.

but you should put back the ini file you delete first….or grab one from a fresh install.

Slydog43
            Participant
              @slydog43

duh, I didn’t even look for the system tray icon, thanks

Not sure what the DMD window is for and where I should put it.  Over my VPinMAME DMD? part of the backglass?  I have a 3 screen setup (dmd area is large where I think I want the topper and DMD area to go.  Also what is the menu, other windows for.

I can’t seem to always get the the config, only the Pinup player shows in the system tray sometimes.  I quit out of a table to the editor, then look in the system tray.  Is that correct.

This really is an awesome tool, remaking my backbox just for this awesome tool

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

duh, I didn’t even look for the system tray icon, thanks Not sure what the DMD window is for and where I should put it. Over my VPinMAME DMD? part of the backglass? I have a 3 screen setup (dmd area is large where I think I want the topper and DMD area to go. Also what is the menu, other windows for. I can’t seem to always get the the config, only the Pinup player shows in the system tray sometimes. I quit out of a table to the editor, then look in the system tray. Is that correct. This really is an awesome tool, remaking my backbox just for this awesome tool

Re watch my video setup as it explains some things to help you understand it more.  Set it up just like I show you and you should be good. The DMD “would” go where your normal DMD is…the other stuff is not being used….probably more for future use.

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

so sorry, I didn’t watch the videos before I posted.  Now I feel bad :(

Great video, really top notch stuff.  So much info in there.  Thanks.

I know this is a little bit strange, but do you know when if the scripting stuff will work.  I want to put a custom video like “Welcome to my Arcade” when I boot up the computer and using pinup player without VPX running would be perfect.  I use Visual Studio every day so VBA is no trouble for me.

Great stuff, thanks again.   (Awesome cabinet build also terryred)

Pike13
                  Participant
                    @pike13

Great work, really brings to life the cab.

I do have one question: for tables that are PinUP tables, is it basically impossible to play a ‘regular’ version of the table ever again (a different VPX file) using the same ROM without the PinUP videos taking over?

For example, I have two versions of the Tron Legacy table – one being the great PinUP player version and one just the regular version, both use trn174h.  When playing the regular version, PinUP player is taking over and playing the backglass video instead of the normal backglas (the b2s is still behind the video).  Obviously the regular table has a different file name and the b2s file is named the same (the PinUP player version doesn’t have an associated b2s).  But you never see the b2s as the backglass video pops up.  The only way I have been able to change it (besides deleting/renaming the video file or something like that) is to go into the PinUpPackEditor program and turn off the backglass like I had to do for the topper since I don’t have one.  And then turn it back on when wanting to play the PinUp version.

I thought maybe that the PinUP stuff wouldn’t happen unless an appropriate table was being used but it seems to key off the ROM and VPinMame alone and nothing to do with the VPX application or table script itself.

Correct or am I completely missing something obvious?

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Great work, really brings to life the cab. I do have one question: for tables that are PinUP tables, is it basically impossible to play a ‘regular’ version of the table ever again (a different VPX file) using the same ROM without the PinUP videos taking over? For example, I have two versions of the Tron Legacy table – one being the great PinUP player version and one just the regular version, both use trn174h. When playing the regular version, PinUP player is taking over and playing the backglass video instead of the normal backglas (the b2s is still behind the video). Obviously the regular table has a different file name and the b2s file is named the same (the PinUP player version doesn’t have an associated b2s). But you never see the b2s as the backglass video pops up. The only way I have been able to change it (besides deleting/renaming the video file or something like that) is to go into the PinUpPackEditor program and turn off the backglass like I had to do for the topper since I don’t have one. And then turn it back on when wanting to play the PinUp version. I thought maybe that the PinUP stuff wouldn’t happen unless an appropriate table was being used but it seems to key off the ROM and VPinMame alone and nothing to do with the VPX application or table script itself. Correct or am I completely missing something obvious?

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-to-have-a-table-be-able-to-use-pup-and-not-use-it/

Pike13
                      Participant
                        @pike13

Thanks.  Sorry, I should have searched the forums first.  I did on another site but didn’t do that here – thought this was the right place to ask.

Dazz
                        Participant
                          @dazz

So, I’m back trying to get this working. Updated Pin2DMD to v2.55. Installed PinUp via Installer. I’m able to launch a game, but I only get the virtual DMD.  I know the installer places the dmddevice.dll in the PinMAME folder. I’ve edited the dmddevice.ini. VirtualDMD is false, all other dmds are false, pin2dmd is true.  Still when launching games only the VirtualDMD shows. How do I get freezys dll to show on pin2dmd?

TerryRed
                            @terryred

So, I’m back trying to get this working. Updated Pin2DMD to v2.55. Installed PinUp via Installer. I’m able to launch a game, but I only get the virtual DMD. I know the installer places the dmddevice.dll in the PinMAME folder. I’ve edited the dmddevice.ini. VirtualDMD is false, all other dmds are false, pin2dmd is true. Still when launching games only the VirtualDMD shows. How do I get freezys dll to show on pin2dmd?

Dazz, do you have any DMDExt or dmdevice.DLL  files installed anywhere else? (like syswow64,etc) You should only have them in VPinMAME.

Did you install install DMDext 1.6 to VPinMAME folder “before” installing PinUP Player?  You need to have the full DMDext 1.6 installed and working “before” you install Pinup Player. (PinUP Player will replace a couple of DMDext files with its installer)

Freezy’s DLL should work line any other DLL…as long as you have enabled “use external DLL”  in PinMAME. Be sure there aren’t any blocked files or DLLs.

rablack97 has PuP working fine with his Pin2DMD and he has newer firmware I believe.

If you haven’t watched it yet….try watching my setup and install videos. I go through most everything from beginning to end.

Johngreve
                            Participant
                              @johngreve

I wasted countless hours trying to get this to run and my problem was blocked .dll files. I had completely forgotten about that. Trust but verify…..

miguelcerca
                              Participant
                                @miguelcerca

initially i had all sorts of issues getting this to work for both tron and afm, sometimes they would work, other times they would not, running directly from vpx or from pinball x. however after trying all sorts of nonsense, i realized i had installed the newest version of vlc (3.0.1). uninstalling that and installing vlc version 2.2.6 (https://vlc-media-player.en.uptodown.com/windows/old) solved all my issues. now everything is working great! these tables are really cool, just need someone else to play them so i can watch the goodies!

maybe on the install instructions page, it could be noted that the newest version of vlc does not work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                TerryRed
                                  @terryred

initially i had all sorts of issues getting this to work for both tron and afm, sometimes they would work, other times they would not, running directly from vpx or from pinball x. however after trying all sorts of nonsense, i realized i had installed the newest version of vlc (3.0.1). uninstalling that and installing vlc version 2.2.6 (https://vlc-media-player.en.uptodown.com/windows/old) solved all my issues. now everything is working great! these tables are really cool, just need someone else to play them so i can watch the goodies! maybe on the install instructions page, it could be noted that the newest version of vlc does not work.

VERY GOOD POINT!

Thank you for pointing that out as the new version of VLC (which is vastly different) came out after doing those videos.

Will make a change in the links on videos….   but yes ONLY use the older 2.2.6 of VLC with PuP and the upcoming Popper, unless we mention otherwise.

Josh
                                  Participant
                                    @osujd

Anyone have issues where the configuration does not pop up after install.  I havewent through the videos and have ensure that I have freezy’s 1.6 version and b2s is set up correctly and I have the older version of the VLC.  HOwever when I run the installer nothing pops up to configure

NailBuster
                                      @nailbuster
                                      ModeratorMember

Anyone have issues where the configuration does not pop up after install. I havewent through the videos and have ensure that I have freezy’s 1.6 version and b2s is set up correctly and I have the older version of the VLC. HOwever when I run the installer nothing pops up to configure

if you have the pupdisplay icon in your systemtray (bottom-right) of windows.  right-click on it and select ‘configure displays’

I think it doesn’t go into config if currently running… could be it.

Josh
                                      Participant
                                        @osujd

That was it!! thank you so much

blackvulcan3
                                        Participant
                                          @blackvulcan3

Thanks Terry, great videos man. All I wanted to know was  “do I need to update Freezy’s DLL if I just want to play?” and of course you covered it. Awesome.

Jack
                                          Participant
                                            @breikers

Hi This is really awesome !!! Everything working except UltraDMD. UltraDMD is not showing on my colordmd anymore. Guess this has something to do with the dmddevice.dll. Am I missing something here ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?