** PinUP Player New version 1.2 Released!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

That’s the Question. I think the Backglass server is not really installed. Yes, I use the 1516150897_VPX4setup.zip. The installation programm ask me” Do you have a second monitor for the backglass(install B2S) and I push the no butto, I have one Monitor only. At the next step I click on DMDtext. I start a new table and edit the script to B2s and I got at start this error message The object does not support “B2SSetData” (in the script line: Controller.B2SSetData 1.1) Thank for Terry for your time to help regards Pinbolt

When it asks you “do you have a 2nd monitor”….try saying YES….as it probably is assuming you have no need for B2S if you say no.  Try again by saying yes.

Pinbolt
      Participant
        @pinbolt

Yes Thalamus, in  preferences, keys, nudge and dof ….. is everything OK. I don’t check the “disable B2S” field.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Ah. Yes. Sounds like you’ve opted out on db2. It used to be true that desktop users don’t want to run the db2s server. But, pinUp has changed all that I guess :) We need to tell toxie to change that question to – are you sure you don’t want db2s and then both buttons installs it … LOL.

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Terry you are my Hero.

Thank you 1000 times

good night from Germany

Pinbolt

TerryRed
              @terryred

Terry you are my Hero. Thank you 1000 times good night from Germany Pinbolt

It’s good you brought this up. It’s the kind of thing those of us who have been doing this for a while won’t think about or see because we just know exactly what to do.

Yah, maybe Toxie needs to make it so that B2S Server simply gets installed no matter what even for desktop users.

firebrand007
              Participant
                @firebrand007

Hi guys,
                After tinkering some more I don’t have crashes anymore (just turned ajit91 off, was not off for all my roms) and also I corrected the place of the PUPVideos folder (I should really have manually deleted ALL of the previous PUP version files as it got me confused). Thanks TerryRed for the videos, very complete and helpful !

Sadly PUP is not working yet for me (whereas the previous version worked fine), I found out that I had an error message when going into the B2S plugin settings (cf screen below) and also when clicking on “Pinup Test” in PinupPlayer Test.  Also, PUPLOG is giving me the following message now that everything is properly setup :
                20180121 12:00:56 Open called
                20180121 12:00:56 Set Game Name thread trn_174h
                20180121 12:00:56 Start Thread Matching
                20180121 12:00:56 create PuPCap
                20180121 12:00:56 Init Game name:trn_174h
                20180121 12:00:56 Create Object Display
                20180121 12:00:56 imagedir:D:\Games\VISUAL~1\Tables\PINUPP~1\PuPVideos\trn_174h\PuPCapture
                20180121 12:00:56 num images 36
                20180121 12:00:57 ERROR sending b2sdata
                20180121 12:00:57 ****Exception class name = EOleSysError
                20180121 12:00:57 ****Exception message = Le fichier spécifié est introuvable, ClassID: {88919FAC-00B2-4AA8-B1C7-52AD65C476D3}
                20180121 12:00:59 ERROR sending b2sdata

Any suggestions on what I could do ?
                Thanks a lot !!

Error messages in French basically mean “impossible to create activeX component” and “class not registered”

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Ron
                TerryRed
                  @terryred

Hi guys, After tinkering some more I don’t have crashes anymore (just turned ajit91 off, was not off for all my roms) and also I corrected the place of the PUPVideos folder (I should really have manually deleted ALL of the previous PUP version files as it got me confused). Thanks TerryRed for the videos, very complete and helpful ! Sadly PUP is not working yet for me (whereas the previous version worked fine), I found out that I had an error message when going into the B2S plugin settings (cf screen below) and also when clicking on “Pinup Test” in PinupPlayer Test. Also, PUPLOG is giving me the following message now that everything is properly setup : 20180121 12:00:56 Open called 20180121 12:00:56 Set Game Name thread trn_174h 20180121 12:00:56 Start Thread Matching 20180121 12:00:56 create PuPCap 20180121 12:00:56 Init Game name:trn_174h 20180121 12:00:56 Create Object Display 20180121 12:00:56 imagedir:D:\Games\VISUAL~1\Tables\PINUPP~1\PuPVideos\trn_174h\PuPCapture 20180121 12:00:56 num images 36 20180121 12:00:57 ERROR sending b2sdata 20180121 12:00:57 ****Exception class name = EOleSysError 20180121 12:00:57 ****Exception message = Le fichier spécifié est introuvable, ClassID: {88919FAC-00B2-4AA8-B1C7-52AD65C476D3} 20180121 12:00:59 ERROR sending b2sdata Any suggestions on what I could do ? Thanks a lot !! Error messages in French basically mean “impossible to create activeX component” and “class not registered”

Do, did you try to completely erase your older PuP install and start with a fresh new install? You can’t have multiple PuP install locations.

Check in your   “Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins”  folder and make sure that your “PinUPPlayerB2SDriver”  folder is there, and it only has 2 files in it. If there are any duplicates anywhere in the plugins folder you will have problems.

Your normal backglass and DOF is working still? Your isse is definetly either the B2S plugin driver isnt installed correctly, or you don’t have PuP registered to its current location.

I’d try completely deleting your “Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\PinUPPlayerB2SDriver”   folder, completely deleting your “Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer” folder   and do a completely fresh install using the PuP Installer.

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Wanted to share some of my findings running the Pinup Player 1.2 in combination with dmdext 1.6. This is in combination with a real dmd (pin2dmd, running firmware v2.50).

Initally everything seemed to be working fine. until I played some of the Data East tables (T2, LW3). The sound was screwed up and also I noticed the coloring of the colored roms was off. I tested out some more tables with colored roms and Sherk for one was also not displaying as it should.

I reverted back to the latest dmddevice.dll from Lucky and everything was working again as before. I crossed my fingers to see if the PinUP player was still working with the dmddevice.dll from Lucky in stead of dmdext.

The PinUP Player works but not fully. Some of the video’s are not working, but others are. Need to do some more testing and in de meantime check with other pin2dmd users if they have the same issues with dmdext 1.60.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Wanted to share some of my findings running the Pinup Player 1.2 in combination with dmdext 1.6. This is in combination with a real dmd (pin2dmd, running firmware v2.50). Initally everything seemed to be working fine. until I played some of the Data East tables (T2, LW3). The sound was screwed up and also I noticed the coloring of the colored roms was off. I tested out some more tables with colored roms and Sherk for one was also not displaying as it should. I reverted back to the latest dmddevice.dll from Lucky and everything was working again as before. I crossed my fingers to see if the PinUP player was still working with the dmddevice.dll from Lucky in stead of dmdext. The PinUP Player works but not fully. Some of the video’s are not working, but others are. Need to do some more testing and in de meantime check with other pin2dmd users if they have the same issues with dmdext 1.60.

I mentioned before… Freezy’s DLL won’t give you as many Colour features as Lucky’s will for Pin2DMD, and since PuP needs to use an updated version of Freezy’s DLL, you won’t get those features with Pin2DMD. The only reason PuP needs to use Freezy’s DLL is because Pin2DMD isn’t open source, so NailBuster can’t update it for you guys.

So without using the updated PuP version of dmddevice.dll, then PuPCapture won’t work….and therefor PuP won’t do anything with PuP-Packs that use PuPCapture…which will be most of them from this point on.   Batman didn’t use PuPCapture, so that’s why it may still work for you.

I’ve had no issues with any tables for sound since installing PuP.

rablack97 uses Pin2DMD and has no issue with VPX, FX3, and FP using PuP.

So, currently if you want to use PuP….then you need to lose some roms having Coloured features…but not all.

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

Terry is 100% correct….  there’s not much we can do as pin2dmd is closed source so lucky dlls won’t work.

One idea I hope the vpinmame ‘guys’ could add to their code is ability to specify which ‘dmddevice.dll’ to use by rom.  Or like soundmode (0,1,2,3)… they could have dmdmode (0=none, 1=dmddevice.dll, 2=dmdpup.dll) by ROM.

firebrand007
                        Participant
                          @firebrand007

Hey, I just tried to delete again (just to be sure) all the pinup files from plugins & tables, and reinstalled pinup player + the packs, but I keep getting the same errors :
                          – error in PinupPlayer Test
                          – error in B2S settings and corresponding log (only happen once the video packs are installed, otherwise I have no error and the log says it doesn’t see anything)

I do have only one pinup file in “PinUPPlayerB2SDriver” , and my B2S + DOF work fine.

Could this be due to some other software that might not be up to date on my machine ? Visual Studio or .Net something else ?
                          I’m using VPX 10.4 final and B2S Server from Westworld (http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/)

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

Hey, I just tried to delete again (just to be sure) all the pinup files from plugins & tables, and reinstalled pinup player + the packs, but I keep getting the same errors : – error in PinupPlayer Test – error in B2S settings and corresponding log (only happen once the video packs are installed, otherwise I have no error and the log says it doesn’t see anything) I do have only one pinup file in “PinUPPlayerB2SDriver” , and my B2S + DOF work fine. Could this be due to some other software that might not be up to date on my machine ? Visual Studio or .Net something else ? I’m using VPX 10.4 final and B2S Server from Westworld (http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/)

have no idea whats happening on your sys….

try registering the activex manually and see if that helps.  go to your pinupplayer folder and right-click “run-as-admin” on the pupinstall.bat file…and see if you get any errors.

firebrand007
                            Participant
                              @firebrand007

Weird stuff… When I  right-click “run-as-admin” on the pupinstall.bat file (is that “registering the activeX manually ?) I get a DOS command windows which says

“D:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PinUpPlayer.exe” is not recognized as an internal or external command, executable program  or command file .
                              if no error message then everything should be good to go”

Edit : immediately afterwards I tried to right-click “run-as-admin” on the installer itself, re installed… now the DOS command windows only displays
                              “if no error message then everything should be good to go” … but sadly the PUP errors remain

Edit 2 : when re trying the dos command windows I get the error message again… can’t understand what’s happening….

:wacko:

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

“D:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables\PinUpPlayer\PinUpPlayer.exe” is not recognized as an internal or external command, executable program  or command file .
                                if no error message then everything should be good to go”

do you have a “pinupplayer.exe” file there?  maybe your av or something is not allowing you to run that exe.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Also…how many files are in your “Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\PinUPPlayerB2SDriver”  folder?

You should have:

B2SServerPluginInterface.DLL

PinUpPlayerB2SDriver.DLL

Jinxy
                                  Participant
                                    @jinxy

I have a pindmd3, is there anything i need to pay special attention to for this install?  I’m using Freezy’s DLL, so from what I’ve been reading any color roms that work for me now should continue to work.

This looks awesome NailBuster, thanks for this.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

I have a pindmd3, is there anything i need to pay special attention to for this install? I’m using Freezy’s DLL, so from what I’ve been reading any color roms that work for me now should continue to work. This looks awesome NailBuster, thanks for this.

They “should” still work (they do with my virtual DMD) ….but we’d need someone with a PinDMD3 to confirm. Pin2DMD users will see some roms with colour patches not work correctly and they would need to just go back to one colour for those tables.

Watch the videos here to help you out.

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinup-player-setup-install-and-demo-for-all-systems/

Jinxy
                                      Participant
                                        @jinxy

Thanks TerryRed I will try tomorrow and will report back. (afc playoffs game Go Jax)

MisterKai
                                        Participant
                                          @mrkai

Hi. I have that DMD. Everything is working fine with the version that ships with Pinup Player.

-K

firebrand007
                                          Participant
                                            @firebrand007

“pinupplayer.exe” file there?  maybe your av or something is not allowing you to run that exe.

And the winner is …. nailbusteeeeer ! :D
                                            Thanks a million for figuring it out ! Yes, it was really as simple as that, I just missed the executable and when I tried to reinstall with the antivirus temporarily disabled it worked fine ! Apparently Avast didn’t like it, but gave me no warning…. Very happy to be able to check the latest version, looks awesome !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 82 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?