Pinup Player not triggering videos

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    samcat
    Participant
      @samcat

Yesterday I installed v1.3.6 of the PinUP System for the first time and after 2 days of troubleshooting, am having trouble getting the videos to trigger in most of the PUPs.

I am currently only using PinUP Player and will eventually move to using the entire front end once I get this part working…

I have the PUP Packs installed in the PUPVideo’s folder. I start a table, POTC in this case, (outside of any front-end) and it displays the PUPOverlays and backglass folder information on the backglass (which tells me its seeing the PUPVideos folder correctly, but when playing the game no other videos show up on the display. I have PUP Packs installed for POTC, AFM, Indiana Jones TBA, Twilight Zone, and WOZ. WOZ appears to work correctly as the backglass does change with some events but not all. All other tables just display the initial PUPOverlays and backglass folder information but no videos.

I’ve upgraded to v1.4 of the PinUP System today but I don’t see any change.

I’ve gone through the troubleshooting guide on the forum a few times to see if I’ve missed anything.

My DmdDevice.ini is set for pinup enabled = true

PinUpPlayerTest.exe does not show any errors.

Outside of PUP, DOF and B2S are working correctly. My B2S screen has Activate Plugins checked.

Freezy’s DLL appears to be working correctly…

Two other odd things that may be related are:

1) there is talk of a pup.log file located in the pinmame directory. I don’t have one and cannot figure out how to generate one. Not sure if this is related… Was hoping that could help me troubleshoot this further…

2) there was also talk of making sure to have the “external dll” checked under F1 in the game. I have tried that and as soon as I check that I cannot exit out of VP10.6 gracefully. It hangs and I have to go to task manager to kill the process. Once back starting the game, with “use external dll” checked, I lose “all” input to the game and the backglass is the normal b2s backglass, not the PUP backglass. Until I uncheck the “use external dll” I have basically no access to start or control the game.

Any help would be appreciated as I’ve worked on this for hours without any success and would love to get this working correctly as to me this application is a game changer…

Samcat

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You running 1.71 of the freezy dll?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Before you do any further you need to fix the external Dll problem fixed

Post your DmdDevice.ini

Color Rom set-up

My experience is with virtual DMD and pin2dmd

This is what i am using  — https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

samcat
          Participant
            @samcat

Thanks for responding so fast guys!

randr, I’m running 1.7.2 of freezy’s dll

outhere, here is my DmdDevice.ini
            [global]
            ; how to downscale SEGA 192×64 pixel games to smaller displays: fit, fill or stretch
            resize = fit
            ; flips the image horizontally
            fliphorizontally = false
            ; flips the image vertically
            flipvertically = false
            ; enable or disable frame-by-frame colorization (inactive in VPX bundle)
            colorize = true

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor
            [virtualdmd]
            enabled = true
            ; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
            stayontop = false
            ; hide the resize grip
            hidegrip = false
            ; ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
            ignorear = false
            ; use VPM’s registry values when positioning the virtual dmd
            useregistry = false
            ; x-axis of the window position
            left = 0
            ; y-axis of the window position
            top = 0
            ; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
            width = 1024
            ; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
            height = 256
            ; scale the dot size (set to 0.8 for same size as pre-1.6.0)
            dotsize = 1.0

[pindmd1]
            ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD1
            enabled = true

[pindmd2]
            ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD2
            enabled = true

[pindmd3]
            ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD3
            enabled = true
            ; COM port, e.g. COM3
            port =

[pin2dmd]
            ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a PIN2DMD
            enabled = true
            ; how long to wait in milliseconds after sending a palette
            delay = 25

[browserstream]
            ; if enabled, stream to your browser in your LAN
            enabled = false
            port = 9090

[vpdbstream]
            ; if enabled, stream DMD to https://test.vpdb.io/live
            enabled = false
            endpoint = https://api-test.vpdb.io/

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
            enabled = false
            ; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
            path =

[pinup]
            ; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.
            enabled = true
            —————————————————————–
            I reinstalled dmdext-v1.7.2-x86 in my vpinmame folder agai, then updated the dll to DmdDevice-152-r3 from the post you mentioned.

Not sure what you meant when you said:
            “After you download the 152 for more info at the top of the page click on this
            freezy/dmd-extensions”
            Can you explain further for me?

I also downloaded the alot-color-pallettes from the link you provided and extracted to a folder, then put that folder in the VPinMame folder.

Then Turned off Show DMD and Turned on external DMD using F1 in POTC and ended up with same results. Loss of all game control and when trying to close Visual Pinball 10.6 it hangs… have to kill it in task manager.

Tried same thing for Twilight Zone and Aliens from Mars with same results… Loss of all game control…

Also tried testing within vpinmame setup.exe… Test the installation
            When extDMD is “not” checked, and I run it from within the test window, I get the dmd display showing correctly (non freezy)
            When extDMD “is” checked, and I run it from within the test window, nothing pops up on any screen.
            This did work only once when extDMD was checked and testing from within the test window.
            I got a color dmd popup on my main screen. Toggled it and it failed consistently…
            I’m gonna reboot and try it right after a reboot to see if I can get it back…

Samcat

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

why do you have true on so many interfaces in that ini?  do you have a real or lcd dmd?

samcat
              Participant
                @samcat

No dice…
                I cannot get it to show the freezy color dmd again from within setup.exe under the Test tab when extDMD is checked no matter what I do.
                I’m wondering that when it showed that one time, at that point the freezy dll was working as it should??? :-(

Samcat

samcat
                Participant
                  @samcat

Nailbuster, no I only have the virtual dmd.
                  Should I turn off all of the others?

Samcat

outhere
                    @outhere

Do you have 2 screen 3 —?

Yes turn off all pindmd’s

outhere
                      @outhere

; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
                      stayontop = false  <— true
                      ; hide the resize grip
                      hidegrip = false  <— true

samcat
                      Participant
                        @samcat

Some good news…

You questioned why I have so many interfaces turned on…
                        So I turned off all but the virtual and pinup.

outhere, I have 3 screens in a cabinet…
                        Thanks for the info for stayontop and hidegrip!
                        I’m now starting to understand this file better…

I now have the freezy dll working and have game control back!!!

I reran my PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat and readjusted all my screens.

All tables except one now work!!!

POTC sort of works… screen 7 is showing the videos but is hidden somewhere. It shows as a window when I do an alt-tab but it is not showing on the backglass.

Thanks for the help so far guys! I’m slowly getting to understand this and getting it to work.

Any ideas on POTC???

Samcat

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

good stuff….. specific puppack questions should go in that POTC puppack thread.

outhere
                            @outhere

I believe they’re only 2 games that you use the back glass at the same time with the puppack…
                            Tom-and-Jerry and Wizard of Oz…

With this back glass server you will only need to change One letter in the game name and it will not load the back glass…
                            Some people like to have same game one with a backglass and one without…
                            In the picture you will see at the bottom (error message without backglass) make sure that is not checked…

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768

samcat
                            Participant
                              @samcat

Recap and closeout of this thread…

I was having trouble with PinUP Player not triggering videos.

Here is what was found:

– I thought I understood and had freezy’s dll working correctly… I did not…
                              I reread freezy’s github notes on dmd-extensions for the 4th time and if finally clicked as to how this all works.
                              I now understand that VPM uses DmdDevice.ini as a config file for DmdDevice.dll. It tells DmdDevice.dll what dmd display to use either virtual or hardware based, location of the display, and the size of the dmd, among other things. All other programs like FX3 use command line parameters to pass config information to dmdext.exe

– With “outhere” and “NailBuster’s” help I found my DMdDevice.ini file was configured incorrectly.
                              – I had by default all dmd’s enabled. This must have confused things and caused the triggering issue.
                              – I enabled only the virtualdmd that I have and pinup in the config and disabled all other dmd’s.
                              – I also enabled stayontop and hidegrip at outhere’s suggestion.
                              – I installed DmdDevice-152-r3 at outhere’s suggestion.
                              – “outhere” also pointed me to the altcolor-color-pallettes thread where I downloaded and put the altcolor folder in my VPinMame folder.
                              – I ran setup in my VPinMame folder and changed my defaults to “Turn on external DMD” and “Turn off Show DMD”

Once that was in place everything started to work correctly!!!

Color DMD’s are way cool and PinUP Player is real game changer…

Thanks you all for your help in getting this working. Greatly appreciated!!!

I will research the last thread “outhere” showed “https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768&#8221; on why my POTC PUP is not displaying correctly and will respond once I find something in the POTC puppack thread.

Thanks again!

Samcat

trochjochel
                              Participant
                                @trochjochel

for POTC your screen7 must have the same coordinates in your basic setup as screen 2 and screen 8 the same as screen 0. and screen 7 + 8 on showpopup (Hide paused) then everything runs correctly

samcat
                                Participant
                                  @samcat

trochjochel,   your answer did the trick… I reran my pup screen config and everything works perfect on POTC now!  Thanks!!!

Samcat

samcat
                                  Participant
                                    @samcat

As all questions have been answered, we can close this topic!

Samcat

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?