PinUP PoPPer (FrontEnd) Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

Was wondering about this. Did you go on a long vacation or what!? :-)

almost 2 weeks in mostly sunny/hot florida :)

but Terry was hard testing and working on it for a long while!!!

Your fav. loading video is in install as well  :yes:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Will be nice to test this alternative frontend as people just jump to hyperpin or more so Pinballx. I love pbx but this looks fast and so easy to switch to I have high hopes!

the vp scene has been quite last few weeks so this may give people something to play with unless white water gets released :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

tthurman
        Participant
          @tthurman

Are there really any other options currently to Hyperpin or PBX?  With my limited exposure there probably is but as I’ve followed threads regarding this front-end it seems pretty apparent this one brings an entirely different level of ease of configurability and performance to the scene.  Given Terry is so sold on its performance speaks volumes itself!  I too look forward to seeing how it all unfolds. :good:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I think there is a few others…vpman I think is another one

for IOS and Android

Dustin
            Participant
              @fwiler

I’m looking more forward to this than any table release.

robertms
              Participant
                @mophead

Bring it on, I’ve got too many tables, need to make sense of it all  :wacko:

I’m sure @randr can relate..

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Draco1962
                  Participant
                    @draco1962

Very nice indeed! I am looking forward to giving this a spin!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Is it ok to say my hair on the back of my neck stood up when I first launch this frontend in cab! Un real :good:

for IOS and Android

fakingdeath
                      Participant
                        @fakingdeath

I’ve been checking all the popper thread(s) thrice daily for 3 weeks for updates. I’m so excited. I’m ready guys. Let’s get me a beta build :)

Terry Amazing Vid, Nailbuster, you’ve got some skill!

Dustin
                        Participant
                          @fwiler

I’ve been checking all the popper thread(s) thrice daily for 3 weeks for updates. I’m so excited. I’m ready guys. Let’s get me a beta build :) Terry Amazing Vid, Nailbuster, you’ve got some skill!

What he said.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

It’s like flupper’s WW – let them be. Now we have both Terry and Randr beta testing it. (I expect a few more)

Let them find and improve the front-end so it becomes the last thing we ever need :)

They know what is needed and Nailbuster is competent enough to implement.

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              MemberContributorModerator

It’s like flupper’s WW – let them be. Now we have both Terry and Randr beta testing it. (I expect a few more) Let them find and improve the front-end so it becomes the last thing we ever need :) They know what is needed and Nailbuster is competent enough to implement.

:) Agreed

We’re definitely focusing on getting the main stuff locked down…having it out there in the wild right away would just make for frustration all around. Better to keep it focused…and then branch out.

Draco1962
                              Participant
                                @draco1962

Looking forward to giving this a go!

Dustin
                                Participant
                                  @fwiler

It’s like flupper’s WW – let them be. Now we have both Terry and Randr beta testing it. (I expect a few more) Let them find and improve the front-end so it becomes the last thing we ever need :) They know what is needed and Nailbuster is competent enough to implement.

:) Agreed We’re definitely focusing on getting the main stuff locked down…having it out there in the wild right away would just make for frustration all around. Better to keep it focused…and then branch out.

I suppose you are right, especially the amount of people that would be trying it.  But maybe when you get close to a release candidate, you could include a few more people in a larger test pool, just so you have more configurations at hand.  I won’t mention any names but I know someone that wouldn’t mind.  :whistle:

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

anyone that follows me, knows i’m a nutbag about a super clean file structure I started this from day one of my venture into this hobby… first started with FP and continue even now with VP10.5…. and its only now that its bit me in the ass… let me explain
                                    my structure is a VPX table folder, in that folder are folders for each table, these table folder names use standardized naming
                                    like: Attack from Mars (Bally 1995) and in that folder the table file is named AFM_v2.5.vpx (it might have a few version of a table for testing)
                                    anyway… because of this method all my media is named the same as the folder ie. Attack from Mars (Bally 1995).png
                                    this way no matter what the file name is the frontend (PBX) never has to update anything if a new table was added to the folder, meaning no renaming nothing, just drop it in and it just ran….
                                    ok now that it “might” make sense what i’m doing….I’ll explain how this now is biting me in the ass
                                    the popper front as of right now, looks at my structure and says, “what the fuck is this silly BS your doing with all these folders”
                                    but it is smart enough to look in all those subfolders and finds all the VPX files…. sounds awesome right?… (and it is) BUT
                                    this means it seeing the VPX file names, NOT the standardized folder names… so all the media I have made for VP10beta, vp9, vp9pm5… will have to be added manually into the popper and it will rename the files to match the table file names…. this will be an immense project for me… over 1000 files or more

BUT… lucky for 99.99% of the rest of the community… your tables and media will already be the same names… yeah FU’s… hehehe bastards :P

other then my woes, this is a monumental unbelievable super customizable crazy fast frontend of our dreams, we are some lucky MFer’s to have people like nailbuster in this community and I personally can’t thank him enough and the rest enough

as its been pointed out it does need some refining, bunch of little things… but between the guys testing it, all those little things should be tracked down pretty fast… stuff like it needs a few things windows standardized… blah blah blah

everyone’s excitement will not be unfounded… everyone will love it…  :good:

Draco1962
                                    Participant
                                      @draco1962

Alpha and beta releases require close attention.

If I were developing, I would be want to test with those I trust to give things a good shake and give honest and concise feedback.

Initially that pool of testers would be small, with the net cast further and wider as testing proceeds and revisions are implemented, increasing the number of testers and varying the levels of end-user experience.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Hauntfreaks. Now is the time to ask for a description that can be configured to be the common identifier. If I understood you correctly, I’m probably more or less in the same boat as you. But, well. I have no rush so I will probably just make a script that does all the renaming for me, if such a feature isn’t going to be implemented. My structure is more like this

VPX/VPX__Sometable__SS__1980__Williams … if I have two versions of the same table the next one is VPX__Sometable__SS_1980__Williams_a … *_b etc.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

As usual hauntfreaks is spot on. Sure it has your typical issues with any test software and in vp seems the typical problems with ultradmd as one example but I’m sure all that will get resolved. One thing we need is options and this seems to have all the options including adding to favorites on the fly like hyperspin has had forever! I really like what I’m seeing that’s for sure and can only get better as NailBuster seems to be able to do anything :)

i hope he makes your media work for your setup haunt I can’t imagine he cannot but maybe not on the priority list right now?

********************************************************
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

tthurman
                                          Participant
                                            @tthurman

other then my woes, this is a monumental unbelievable super customizable crazy fast frontend of our dreams, we are some lucky MFer’s to have people like nailbuster in this community and I personally can’t thank him enough and the rest enough

as its been pointed out it does need some refining, bunch of little things… but between the guys testing it, all those little things should be tracked down pretty fast… stuff like it needs a few things windows standardized… blah blah blah

everyone’s excitement will not be unfounded… everyone will love it… :good:

Nice to see it advancing at the brisk pace that it is and looking better all along the way.  It’s encouraging to see an annouced frontend materializing without taking years on end.  Based on what I’m seeing it’s certian to be a hit!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?