PinUP PoPPer (FrontEnd) Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

boy oh boy!!!!

forget chocolate! With a little bit of UNC naming and some network shares. I just tried and was able to do this from my desktop:

ran pinmenusetup.exe via network share
      media manager… open ‘games folder’ (it opens the newtwork share of vpx tables). i copied childsplay.vpx and childsplay.directb2s
      dragged some media on some displays(again this is on my desktop pc)
      game manager… scanned add new games (found them ON the CAB)
      added games and added to playlist
      WALKED over to cab… pressed ‘just added’…..
      AND CHUCKY was there and I played!!!  (didn’t even have to restart cab/menu)

so without touching or using remote tools i was able to add a table and media, add to front end and assign playlist… all from the comfort of my PC

“drops mic”   B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

That sounds like something to celebrate !

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Now make the frontend run multiplayer vpinmame so I can kick haunts ass in pinball over network :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Rugburn
          Participant
            @nemartin

This Sounds amazing  :whistle:

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

more testing

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

Now make the frontend run multiplayer vpinmame so I can kick haunts ass in pinball over network :good:

someone make a VP bubble hockey so i can make randr look like i’m playing a little girl…. 11 more days…. hehehe   B-)

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

And I was hoping to get any comment from you. Damn.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Looks great haunt! Oh and bring it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

DR Peters
                    Participant
                      @drpeters

So looking forward to this, you guys are awesome. Do we have an ETA?

Am I right in thinking that the wheel can be on any display? I have a 20 inch monitor running topper and dmd, I am thinking the wheel would look fantastic in the dmd display.

Dave

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

So looking forward to this, you guys are awesome. Do we have an ETA?

Am I right in thinking that the wheel can be on any display? I have a 20 inch monitor running topper and dmd, I am thinking the wheel would look fantastic in the dmd display.

Dave

Yup…any screen you want. My first change was trying it out on my Topper screen. Worked great!

No idea about ETA…

DR Peters
                        Participant
                          @drpeters

Thanks Terry excellent news. I will spend some time getting all my media sorted in preparation.

I am waiting for the cabinet to be built so have a couple of spare weeks – lol.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Thanks Terry excellent news. I will spend some time getting all my media sorted in preparation.

I am waiting for the cabinet to be built so have a couple of spare weeks – lol.

My recommendation is the have your media and table filename be the same.

So:

Terminator 2 (Williams 1992).vpx

Terminator 2 (Williams 1992).png

Terminator 2 (Williams 1992).mp4

Have nice, clean simple name like above….you’ll thank me later…. though Popper’s media manager is awesome and makes this stuff much easier to manage.

Dustin
                            Participant
                              @fwiler

boy oh boy!!!!

forget chocolate! With a little bit of UNC naming and some network shares. I just tried and was able to do this from my desktop:

media manager… open ‘games folder’ (it opens the newtwork share of vpx tables). i copied childsplay.vpx and childsplay.directb2s

AND CHUCKY was there and I played!!! (didn’t even have to restart cab/menu)

so without touching or using remote tools i was able to add a table and media, add to front end and assign playlist… all from the comfort of my PC

“drops mic” B-)

That’s fantastic!  I hate working at my cab.  I’ve reverted to teamviewer from my laptop, but don’t really like that either as the cab has a 4k screen which is hard to navigate.  This is going to make things so much easier.

tthurman
                              Participant
                                @tthurman

boy oh boy!!!!

AND CHUCKY was there and I played!!! (didn’t even have to restart cab/menu)

so without touching or using remote tools i was able to add a table and media, add to front end and assign playlist… all from the comfort of my PC “drops mic” B-)

That’s fantastic! I hate working at my cab. I’ve reverted to teamviewer from my laptop, but don’t really like that either as the cab has a 4k screen which is hard to navigate. This is going to make things so much easier.

Agreed, any way to circumvent the need for third party software and sit comfortably at your workstation for these tasks is so unbelivably convenient words cannot describe how great of a feature it is!

:yahoo:

Psmiraglia
                                Participant
                                  @psmiraglia
                                  NailBuster
                                    @nailbuster
                                    ModeratorMember

what’s a day without a “did you know?…feature”

Image may contain: text

authors/graphics people can ‘zip-up’ all the displays media together… png/mp3/mp4.   and then user drags=drops in media manager on a Game and it will auto-rename and copy into all proper folders in one-shot (even over network)!!!

Dustin
                                    Participant
                                      @fwiler

what’s a day without a “did you know?…feature” Image may contain: text authors/graphics people can ‘zip-up’ all the displays media together… png/mp3/mp4. and then user drags=drops in media manager on a Game and it will auto-rename and copy into all proper folders in one-shot (even over network)!!!

Get outta here!

Rugburn
                                      Participant
                                        @nemartin

So nice Does it also close pinup player when exiting a table i seem to always have a problem with backglass and pinup player staying open exiting a table with pinballx :scratch:   :wacko:

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

So nice Does it also close pinup player when exiting a table i seem to always have a problem with backglass and pinup player staying open exiting a table with pinballx :scratch: :wacko:

That problem stems from PBX’s “exit emulator” method. I’ve always had issues with it not closing VPX “cleanly”, and as a result this causes PuP to stay open….at least for me.

I haven’t had to resort to any crazy “workarounds” so far with Popper, and it closes PuP and vpx no problem.

Rugburn
                                          Participant
                                            @nemartin

So nice Does it also close pinup player when exiting a table i seem to always have a problem with backglass and pinup player staying open exiting a table with pinballx :scratch: :wacko:

That problem stems from PBX’s “exit emulator” method. I’ve always had issues with it not closing VPX “cleanly”, and as a result this causes PuP to stay open….at least for me.

I haven’t had to resort to any crazy “workarounds” so far with Popper, and it closes PuP and vpx no problem.

Cool then i wont install any pinup player tables or any other tables for that matter might as well wait for this Popper frontend to get released to public before doing more to my pinball table  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?