Pinup Popper Global Random Music Playlist?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    creaghzycreagh
    Participant
      @creaghzycreagh

Hi guys,

I thought I’d start a topic here that I haven’t been able to find an answer to (apologies if there is and I’ve missed it).

Is it possible to have a folder or playlist of music that will choose songs randomly (but the songs play continuously through) as you browse Pinup Popper (and as it cycles through attract mode across different playlists). Then say once you enter a game and then exit back into Popper, it will select a new random track to play and this track will play across your browsing through different playlists etc. I guess it is just a shuffled playlist of music for browsing purposes.

I love Pinup Popper and it has really brought my WIP cab build to life. People are quite blown away with it, so thanks to Nailbuster for building such a robust and wonderful system for us to enjoy! Things like the autorecord function really are quite incredible.

Anyway thanks in advance and have good day.

Cheers

Cabinet Hardware (still a WIP)

i7 4770 // 16GB Ram // 1660 Super // 1TB SSD
      LG 32QN600 (32" 1440p 75hz Playfield) // Dell 24" (1080p Backglass) // 11.6" LCD (DMD)

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

here’s one ‘advanced’ method… but it doesn’t do random, just one background.mp3

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=background_music

1 user thanked author for this post.
        creaghzycreagh
        Participant
          @creaghzycreagh

Thanks nailbuster I’ll take a look at that, cheers mate.

Cabinet Hardware (still a WIP)

i7 4770 // 16GB Ram // 1660 Super // 1TB SSD
          LG 32QN600 (32" 1440p 75hz Playfield) // Dell 24" (1080p Backglass) // 11.6" LCD (DMD)

Friffy1
          Participant
            @friffy1

I’ve wanted the same.  The best I came up with is I wrote a PowerShell script that renames bgmusic.mp3 to bgmusic$currentdatetime.mp3, then randomly selects an mp3 and renames it to bgmusic.mp3 every 15 minutes.  I wouldn’t call it elegant, but it works. ;-)

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

if you know a bit of javascript.  where it selects bgmusic.mp3 in javascript,  add a bit of random functions to the string so it select bgmusic0-bgmusic9.mp3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?