PinUP Popper – loading one list on startup

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scooby
    Participant
      @scooby

I only run VP on my cab (mostly VPX and a few VP9). When I launch Pinup Popper, is it possible to only show one list and not need to select “Visual Pinball” from the first screen?

Even though I have removed all “playlists” other than VPX, I still need to select Visual Pinball when I first launch Popper.

One of the examples below is how it looks when I launch Popper (shows “Visual Pinball” as the only system). The other image is my VPX list that I would like to launch directly into when I load up Popper.

Thanks in advance!

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I only run VP on my cab (mostly VPX and a few VP9). When I launch Pinup Popper, is it possible to only show one list and not need to select “Visual Pinball” from the first screen?

Even though I have removed all “playlists” other than VPX, I still need to select Visual Pinball when I first launch Popper.

One of the examples below is how it looks when I launch Popper (shows “Visual Pinball” as the only system). The other image is my VPX list that I would like to launch directly into when I load up Popper.

Thanks in advance!

Just add all the tables to the “Home” Playlist.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

Sure,  like Terry said just remove all playlists and add them to the root.  Also, to make your life easier you could make the home playlist an active playlist:

Select * from Games order by GameDisplay

That way when you add new games to gamemanager, they will automatically be added to the homelist.

Also,  your wheelbar image is ‘rotated’?    the background image should be going the other way (not squished like that).  Are you running portrait?  if so then you should just load that background.png into a picture editor and rotate it for your wheelbar dimensions.

Scooby
          Participant
            @scooby

Thanks guys. I now have one list when PUP is launched and have rotated my wheelbar image.  :-)

Nailbuster,

When you says “Select * from Games order by GameDisplay”, how/where do I see/do this? I don’t see where to find this, but I’m sure I just don’t know where to look.

DJRobX
              @djrobx
              MemberModerator

Also since we’re on the subject of menu simplification, there’s also options to turn off the Favs and Most Played “auto” playlists (NoSysLists, NoSysFavs).  They’re described on the wiki here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=custom_options

You can still create your own lists manually of course, but it gives you full control over the menu structure.   Since I have so few tables, these just kind of got in the way and made things confusing sometimes if I ended up in one of these lists.

Scooby
              Participant
                @scooby

Thanks DJRob. I have since tried using the suggestions to hide the Favs/Most Played, clicked save, but they still show up in PUP. Below is what my Global Settings/script section looks like.

Also, I am trying to get PUP to launch when Windows starts and I don’t see the RunWindowsStartup.bat on my system, so I tried creating one with the .bat text on Nailbuster’s site. I keep getting an error that it can’t locate the newly created .bat file on the drive. I am running v1.3 of PUP. Is this the latest and can someone that has a working .bat file to launch PUP on Windows startup share it here?

I’m still learning to use this frontend and really like what it can do. Thanks again for all the support.

Attachments:
                Scooby
                Participant
                  @scooby

Thanks guys. I now have one list when PUP is launched and have rotated my wheelbar image. :-)

Nailbuster,

When you says “Select * from Games order by GameDisplay”, how/where do I see/do this? I don’t see where to find this, but I’m sure I just don’t know where to look.

I am configuring a new installation of PUP on a new PC and am still stuck at similar places. How/where do I “Select * from Games order by GameDisplay”?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?