PinUP Popper/PupDMD FX3 new!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

In FX3 Set the Horizontal and Vertical location to 0

themotherbrain
      Participant
        @themotherbrain

Which part of freezy 1.7.2 do I need?

outhere
          @outhere

See here

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

“popper install not found”   for some reason you haven’t ran PinUPPopperRegister.bat

right-click run as admin again on that batch file in your pinupsystem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            newtopinball78
            Participant
              @newtopinball78

Also just to clarify are you guys running the steam or non steam version….I believe there are different scripts to launch depending…I followed nailbuster’s wiki and it worked

themotherbrain
              Participant
                @themotherbrain

Thanks I will check it out tomorrow and report back. I appreciate the response. I am running the steam version and I copied nailbusters script. The tables launch and play but I get the error. I am otherwise able to run my dmd in the popper menu so I know I’m close to getting it.

themotherbrain
                Participant
                  @themotherbrain

Got it! I did what you sadi nailbuster and it fired right up! Thanks for the help guys!

May I ask what exactly I need that for besides this? I’ve been using pinup for a year now and have never done that!

jbitonti
                  Participant
                    @jbitonti

I tried a couple different options. 3 and then 5. “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1 3

To confirm:

In the PUPMenuScriptSysOptions:

useDMD = true; and DMDMirror = true;

**** Is this still being use?

<rules> <logger name=”” minlevel=”warn” writeTo=”console” />

<logger name=”” minlevel=”warn” writeTo=”file” />

</rules>

jbitonti
                    Participant
                      @jbitonti

@jbitonti  when you exit back from fx,  if you alt-tab is fx3 completely closed?  the pupdmd will auto-close with fx3.

the only other idea is that theres a timing issue between closing pindmd3 and re-starting dmd back in popper when closed.

on fx3 closescript :on the pupcloser.exe line add another parameter on end like 3   (this will wait 3 seconds before starting your popper dmd).

Alt + Tab it just shows everything open on my computer. I’m in full cabinet mode. Does not close anything.

I tried a couple different options. 3 and then 5. “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1 3

To confirm:

In the PUPMenuScriptSysOptions:

useDMD = true; and DMDMirror = true;

**** Is this still being use?

<rules> <logger name=”” minlevel=”warn” writeTo=”console” />

<logger name=”” minlevel=”warn” writeTo=”file” />

</rules>

Duane D
                      Participant
                        @duaned

OK, I have finally got everything working in all systems but the DMD for FX3 in popper and out of popper… I have a PinDMDv3…  I have tried every method on all these posts, DMD works with pupdoctor, and dmdext test..  I also get DMDDevice Log that shows it connected with lines like PinUp renderer PINUP DLL starting etc… no matter what I do I cant get the DMD to show… sometimes when I hit alt/tab its part of the windows, othertimes no…

Also side note, I have FPIntercept for future pinball works great outside popper, any script line or such needed to run in popper, cant get it to run..

So close…. please help… thanks

psychoL720
                        Participant
                          @psychol720

So I have a question. I have popper fully working with VPX and FP and if I put FX3 into borderless window, it will load and exit back to popper successfully.  Before if I had it on fullscreen it would exit and go back to the popper selection bar (showing the game icons) but not show a valid backglass or DMD.  So while changing the FX3 video option to Borderless window helps that, I have a new problem now.  Of course I may be missing something simple, but now my backglass and DMD are hidden behind my playfield.  Full screen seems to place everything using the cabinet settings in FX3, while borderless window seems to bypass the cabinet settings for video.  Could use some assistance from you pros.  I really appreciate the help everyone!!!

dgrace
                          Participant
                            @dgrace

Hello, I also have a pindmdv3 and am struggling to get the dmd to show up when launching FX3 from popper. Before I just launched freezy’s dmd.ext from the CMD and then launched FX3 and it worked fine with the dmd showing up on my pindmd3. Here’s what i’ve done so far with this new method:
                            1. I’ve placed the latest PuPDMD driver in my vpinMAME folder.
                            2. I went into FX3 settings and set positions to 0, 0 and dmd size to 520×136 (it says put positions behind backglass … not sure what that means? I figured 0,0 position??)
                            3. I then Copied this launch script in fx3 launch script section but changed my vpinmame location.
                            cd /d “E:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME”
                            start /min “” “PUPDMDControl.exe” FX3 PINUP\[GAMENAME]

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Pinball FX3”

SET ALTPARAM=
                            if “[ALTMODE]”==”classic” (SET ALTPARAM=-class )
                            if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat2” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_2 )
                            if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat3” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_3 )
                            if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat4” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_4 )

START “” “[DIREMU]\steam.exe” -applaunch 442120 %ALTPARAM% -table_[GAMENAME]

Close Script: “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Pinball FX3” 4 1 3

However, when I launch an FX3 game from popper, nothing shows up on my DMD. Game launches fine, just no dmd showing up. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
                            Here’s another thought I had and where it probably gets tricky for me and most likely where i’m going wrong. In my VPX VPINMAME folder, I’m using Freezy’s 1.71 (86) since I heard 1.72 has a color bug and I really like my VPX colored roms :). When I was launching Freezy for FX3 from my CMD I was actually using 1.7.2 for that with dmdext.exe file (dated 10/10/18 … I think that’s the latest one) since that was the only one I could get to mirror FX3 on my pindmdv3. However, 1.7.1 (86) doesn’t work for me for FX3 dmd but that’s the one I prefer for my VPX/VPMAME folder. Not sure if i’m making sense. Also i’m running fx3 Steam version.  Thank you

outhere
                              @outhere

This is the file that does not work right with color (1.72  DmdDevice.dll)

For the problem you’re having
                              I have the exact same setup except I have a pin2DMD and I do not use this in the launch script
                              I tried to get this to work on my test computer But I could not

Try without this
                              SET ALTPARAM=

In my cab I already had this set up before that was added to popper
                              https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/21858-fx3-clean-hotseat-classic-lists-without-extra-emulator-duplicating-media-duplicating-tables-in-all-tables-section/

outhere
                                @outhere

Try running task manager at the same time and see if  PUPDMDcontrol shows up
                                If it is Then something else is probably wrong

Resized_20190913_014325

dgrace
                                Participant
                                  @dgrace

It’s so weird. My pupDMDcontrol shows up when I initially launch pinuppopper but then the moment I launch an FX3 table from popper, it disappears and then reappears after I return to popper. WTF? I wonder if it has to do with my FX3 DMD position settings. I have them set to 0, 0. Is that what you have?

Do I have to place the latest Freezy 1.72 in my VPMAME maybe? I know it will mess with my VPX color roms but that’s okay. I can always put the 1.71 (86) DLL back after.

I tried deleting this (and still didn’t work):

SET ALTPARAM=

Thank for your help.

UPDATE #1: I just realized that it’s very possible I never updated to Popper 1.4.2. I may still be on 1.4.1. I thought when I clicked on install fresh/new popper from Wiki, it automatically installed latest version. I’m almost positive I still have 1.4.1. I imagine that might be what’s causing the issue. I guess i’ll find out tonight for sure. http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

UPDATE #2: Well, part of the problem was that I did not have 1.4.2 installed.  After updating, initially it worked and the DMD showed up for FX3 on the dmd3. But then it stopped after I exited and wouldn’t show up after that when I loaded the next FX3 game. It will only come back if I completely turn the computer off and back on. Weird. I put all the pupdmdcontrol.exe and bat files in Windows Defender exclusions. I’m using a pindmdv3 and have the specific dmd3 close script recommended by nailbuster. So, progress, but still having issues getting dmd to show up consistently. Any recommendations is greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you

Side Note: Is there a trick to getting non-steam FX2 to work with PUPDMDControl? I entered the non-steam script and everything loads fine from popper, but nothing shows up on DMD.

dgrace
                                  Participant
                                    @dgrace

Update: I realized tonight and with a lot of help, that my windows defender/real time scanning was showing my pupdmdcontrol.register.bat file as a trojan virus for some strange reason. Which is weird since I’m pretty sure I unblocked the zip files and turned off virus settings before unzipping and installing everything originally. I even turned off real time scanning/firewall, reinstalled a new pupdmdcontrol.bat file and my computer still didn’t like it. The dmd would occasionally show up but then my virus settings would kill it again. I even had task manager playing in the background and saw my pupdmdcontrol.exe go away as soon as I launched any game from popper and then magically reappear when I closed the game and went back into popper. Weird. I’ll keep trucking tomorrow night and worst case scenario i may try reinstalling pinup player and popper and start over from scratch. At least I’ve identified the problem so that alone makes me feel better.

LynnInDenver
                                    Participant
                                      @lynnindenver

Have you gone into properties on pupdmdcontrol.bat and pupdmdcontrol.exe and made sure Windows didn’t have them blocked? Unblocking the ZIP doesn’t keep Windows from blocking the individual files if you use Windows itself to uncompress them. Most of us use 7Zip because it bypasses that “feature” of Windows.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

dgrace
                                      Participant
                                        @dgrace

Have you gone into properties on pupdmdcontrol.bat and pupdmdcontrol.exe and made sure Windows didn’t have them blocked? Unblocking the ZIP doesn’t keep Windows from blocking the individual files if you use Windows itself to uncompress them. Most of us use 7Zip because it bypasses that “feature” of Windows.

I double checked this morning and neither the pupdmdcontrol.exe or bat file are blocked when I open up properties. I’m kind of at a loss at this point since i’ve included them in my Windows Defender and Firewall exclusions. Heck, even when turn off all anti virus and real time protection settings and firewalls, it still kills that pupdmd exe file upon launching a game from pinup. Very strange. Any other ideas/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. It’s weird because sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, but clearly has something to do with my antivirus/windows defender settings not liking that file.  Thanks

I attached a few photos as well.

JPEG_20190917_225942JPEG_20190917_234223JPEG_20190918_000815JPEG_20190918_000848

dgrace
                                        Participant
                                          @dgrace

Update: Okay, so after having someone via teamviewer help me for multiple hours, I think we may pinpointed the issue. I believe it is my weak ram. Even though I switched to my i5 – 3470 and msi 1050ti PC, my ram is still only 4gb. My ram memory is way too high when turning on the computer. I think that’s probably why sometimes pupdmdcontrol works and sometimes it doesn’t. At least that’s my best guest as of right now. Also deleting malwarebytes I think helped (even though it was just the free one).

Anyone else with ram and specs similar to mine able to get it to work consistently? I’m just curious. Again, I’m using pindmdv3 btw. Here are some pics below.

I’m getting there. It’s still weird that when pinupmenu.exe is set as admin, pupdmdcontrol.exe won’t work, but the DMD images/videos in popper work do show. The only way as of right now to get pupdmdcontrol.exe to work is to unset pinupmenu.exe as admin and then set pupdmdcontrol.exe as admin. Then pupdmd works but now the dmd images won’t show on dmd while sifting through popper. Weird.   Tradeoff, but at least there’s a temporary workaround. I’ll keep trucking and unless someone has other advice about the ram/memory issues, I may just need to upgrade. Now if I install 2 8gb ram cards in that bad boy and still can’t get pupdmdcontrol to work consistently, then I will be at a total loss. Fingers crossed.

20190924_00375920190924_000629

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

@outhere. it would be pretty easy to add support for ‘mirroring’ of other game windows. Which ones were you thinking that have a separate dmd window like fx?

Hi Nailbuster,

For your question above, can your app mirror the DMD in Zaccaria Pinball?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?