Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

ANOTHER UPDATE: Okay, so i’ve confirmed with someone that at least 5 others with pindmdv3 have had issues getting both pupdmdcontrol.exe AND dmd mp4s in popper to work. As of right now, I have nothing set to run as admin and changed dmd mirror from my script system options back to false. If dmd mirror is set to true then pupdmdcontrol doesn’t work on my pindmdv3. So I have it set to false and then everything works fine (in relation to pupdmd). The downside is that now none of my mp4 dmd videos will work while shuffling through popper. Only PNGs will work, which is small price to pay for this awesome feature. I assume this is either something that needs to be fixed with pupdmdcontrol.exe for pindmdv3 (from what I hear everything works great with pindmd2), or I’m clearly missing a step. If there is anyone with a pindmdv3 that has been able to successfully get both dmd videos in popper AND pupdmd to work with fx2/fx3 games, please let me know. Thanks everyone who has tried to help me get this resolved and big thanks to David for creating this cool new feature.

NailBuster
    @nailbuster
    ModeratorMember

did you change your close script for pindmdv3…. see note here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

there are people with pindmd3 that use it fine.  pupdmdcontrol still relies on dmddevice.dll so if it works with pin2dmd it should work with pindmd3(if it doesn’t then its something in dmddevice.dll/freezy (or a timing usb thing as between front-end and games the freezy driver needs to unload and reload)  as the code doesn’t change based on which dmd).   Its like saying in Notepad can print to my HP Laser but not to my Epson…

@loafer zacarria doesn’t have a separate window for dmd so no method to grab the frame would still need to use memory/dmdext for that if it stillworks.

dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

did you change your close script for pindmdv3…. see note here:  http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

there are people with pindmd3 that use it fine.  pupdmdcontrol still relies on dmddevice.dll so if it works with pin2dmd it should work with pindmd3(if it doesn’t then its something in dmddevice.dll/freezy (or a timing usb thing as between front-end and games the freezy driver needs to unload and reload)  as the code doesn’t change based on which dmd).   Its like saying in Notepad can print to my HP Laser but not to my Epson…

@loafer zacarria doesn’t have a separate window for dmd so no method to grab the frame would still need to use memory/dmdext for that if it stillworks.

Thanks for the response. Yes my close script is correct per the wiki guidance and I have the right dmddevice.dll (just the one from freezy’s 1.71 (86)). I wonder if it may be a firmware issue.  My pindmdv3 firmware is currently 01013.

I’m sure I’ll get it squared away eventually. Hoping someone responds on this forum or Facebook group who has a pindmdv3 and can maybe share specifically how they got both pupdmd and dmd videos in popper working. Either way thanks for your help.

outhere
    @bruce
    MemberContributorvipModerator

@nailbuster — Hopefully one day you’ll have time to take a look at this in between – All the great things you do for this :good: Community :yahoo:  

Which ones were you thinking that have a separate dmd window like fx? — Cactus Canyon Continued

Duane D
    Participant
    @duaned

I have a Pindmdv3 as well and have the same issues… I never did get it working but it works with the DMDext mirror legacy script, the only way Ive found to get it working with FX3…

dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

I have a Pindmdv3 as well and have the same issues… I never did get it working but it works with the DMDext mirror legacy script, the only way Ive found to get it working with FX3…

Glad i’m not crazy. I’m sure it’s maybe a script edit or something simple that we’re probably missing. David says he knows people with pindmdv3 who have successfully got both pupdmd in fx3/fx2 AND dmd videos in popper working, so hopefully those people can share how they got it working. Maybe it’s a dmddevice.dll tweak or a pinddmv3 firmware issue? Who knows. Either way i’m sure it will get worked out eventually.

dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

RESOLVED UPDATE (10/5/19): Okay, I finally got pupdmd & dmd videos in popper to work, with a simple script edit. I simply added a timeout in the script for FX2 & FX3. Timeout 5 worked just fine. For FX3 I set borderless windows in settings, but for FX2 I had to set to fullscreen (not borderless windows). For some strange reason borderless windows settings in FX2 was making it buggy upon launching a game. Not sure why. I’m not saying this will work for everyone else. I know many others have gotten both pupdmd & dmd videos in popper to work just fine with a pindmdv3 and David’s normal pupdmd settings. I’m just saying these couple tweaks did it for me. Thanks to everyone for your help and feedback, especially Nailbuster and John Memeo. See below.

E:

cd /d “E:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME”
    timeout 5
    start /min “” “PUPDMDControl.exe” FX3 PINUP\[GAMENAME]

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 20 “Pinball FX3”

SET ALTPARAM=
    if “[ALTMODE]”==”classic” (SET ALTPARAM=-class )
    if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat2” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_2 )
    if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat3” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_3 )
    if “[ALTMODE]”==”hotseat4” (SET ALTPARAM=-hotseat_4 )

START “” “[DIREMU]\steam.exe” -applaunch 442120 %ALTPARAM% -table_[GAMENAME]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    tenhaken
    Participant
    @tenhaken

Thanks for this! The timeout solution worked for me as well! I used nailbuster’s included script under the FX3 portion of his wiki page and simply added the line ‘timeout 5’ as seen in the previous post from @dgrace.

CoPinFan
    Participant
    @copinfan

I’m having the same problems with this and my pindmd3 as well.  I can get the dmd to work in fx3 when I set Pupdmdcontrol to run as administrator, but then nothing shows up in popper while going through the menu system.  Neither png or mp4.  Tried the timeout edit in the launch script for fx3 but this did not change anything.  Anyone else having any luck with this?

Croppie1Kenobi
    Participant
    @croppie1kenobi

I have a very strange problem. I installed popper and had everything working including this grabber. I spend hours adding all of my media and now the FX3 dmd in game does not work? I took the plunge and started from scratch. Again, everything worked fine until I added all of my media files through the editor. What could be going on here?

hawkeyez88
    Participant
    @hawkeyez88

Make sure you are only using png or mp4 files for your dmd meida.

Glen
    Participant
    @creeky

Hi, I have a 2 screen cab, everything is working great from popper.  VPX backglass videos all play with pinupplayer. Freezy DMD is working. The only thing I am unable to get going is the video playback with FX3 Alien, the backglass loads but no videos play. SSF with FX3 is working perfectly. Any ideas? Thanks

outhere
    @bruce
    MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this
    https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/page/3/#post-140159

1 user thanked author for this post.
    knightrider
    Participant
    @knightrdrx

oh my god it worked! like magic finally.

I put that timeout on the wrong line at first

thanks for posting the script!

now to take a look at those puppacks

tonystark730
    Participant
    @tonystark730

ciao, voglio provare a configurare FX3/2 in pinup popper ma non so da dove iniziare. potresti darmi un aiuto? grazie

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account