Pinup Popper – help Portrait mode configure

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ilveropaolone
    Participant
      @paologiardina
      This reply has been marked as private.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      mk47
      Participant
        @mk47

How I setup my PinUpPopper System to emulate the look of PinballX in Portrait mode.

First of all, I want to thank NailBuster for programming the PinUpPopper System and Terry Red for his testing and videos explaining how to setup and configure it.

It’s very simple to configure PinUpPopper to run in Portrait mode. Just follow these steps:

1) You need to rotate all of the videos that appear on your main playfiled monitor. You will find them in the PopMedia folder. You need to rotate the Loading and Playfield screens in each Emulator folder and the Default folder. To determine which method of rotation to use, run each file and take note of the direction the video has to be roatated. On my system, I needed to rotate them 90 degrees clockwise. You need to use NailBuster’s rotate.bat file and ffmpeg.exe. You can find this in the PinUp file download section on the VPinball site.

I needed to change the transpose number to 2. You only need to do one Load and one Playfield video, and then copy/overwrite the rotated video file to all your Emulator and Default folders.

2) Look for the default Toolbar in the Default/System folder. You also need to rotate this image file. I used PhotoShop and rotated the Image file 90 degrees clockwise. I then copied that back into the folder overwriting the old Toolbar image.

3) Open the PinUp Menu Editor and under GlobalConfig, choose Game/Wheel Toolbar. You can set whatever size you would like your Wheels icons. I left the Thumb Rotate to 0 and under Wheel Bar layout, I ticked Horizontal. All other settings I left at default.

4) Now we need to position the Wheel Toolbar near the bottom of the screen, just like it is in PinballX. Open the Pinball Display Configuration utility. We want to move the Game Select bar down the screen. I set mine at width: 1080, height: 300, XPos: 0, YPos at 1500. Choose your main display, set it to Show PopUp (Hide Disabled), Roation: none, do not tick scale video to screen size. You can press the Refresh Video/Aspect button to see where it will display on the screen. Move it to your own liking, then click Save Settings and close.

That should do it! Very easy and runs great. If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll try to answer them. If I left anything out, I will update the post to reflect any additional changes needed, but I think this should do it!

These instructions work great. But I noticed one “bug”: in horizontal orientation you only see the selected wheel image, but not the next or previous ones on the left and on the right, no matter how many you configure to be shown.

JLLL
        Participant
          @jlouloulou

How I setup my PinUpPopper System to emulate the look of PinballX in Portrait mode.

First of all, I want to thank NailBuster for programming the PinUpPopper System and Terry Red for his testing and videos explaining how to setup and configure it.

It’s very simple to configure PinUpPopper to run in Portrait mode. Just follow these steps:

1) You need to rotate all of the videos that appear on your main playfiled monitor. You will find them in the PopMedia folder. You need to rotate the Loading and Playfield screens in each Emulator folder and the Default folder. To determine which method of rotation to use, run each file and take note of the direction the video has to be roatated. On my system, I needed to rotate them 90 degrees clockwise. You need to use NailBuster’s rotate.bat file and ffmpeg.exe. You can find this in the PinUp file download section on the VPinball site.
          I needed to change the transpose number to 2. You only need to do one Load and one Playfield video, and then copy/overwrite the rotated video file to all your Emulator and Default folders.

2) Look for the default Toolbar in the Default/System folder. You also need to rotate this image file. I used PhotoShop and rotated the Image file 90 degrees clockwise. I then copied that back into the folder overwriting the old Toolbar image.

3) Open the PinUp Menu Editor and under GlobalConfig, choose Game/Wheel Toolbar. You can set whatever size you would like your Wheels icons. I left the Thumb Rotate to 0 and under Wheel Bar layout, I ticked Horizontal. All other settings I left at default.

4) Now we need to position the Wheel Toolbar near the bottom of the screen, just like it is in PinballX. Open the Pinball Display Configuration utility. We want to move the Game Select bar down the screen. I set mine at width: 1080, height: 300, XPos: 0, YPos at 1500. Choose your main display, set it to Show PopUp (Hide Disabled), Roation: none, do not tick scale video to screen size. You can press the Refresh Video/Aspect button to see where it will display on the screen. Move it to your own liking, then click Save Settings and close.

That should do it! Very easy and runs great. If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll try to answer them. If I left anything out, I will update the post to reflect any additional changes needed, but I think this should do it!

This is does not work for me. I am on 1.4.0. There is no “Game Select” on Pinup Theme Editor.. There is “wheel” instead of, and the five number in the column for postionning it, i don’t understand how it work  :-(

Billmcse
          Participant
            @billmcse

How do you rotate the popper menu?

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

How do you rotate the popper menu?

If you are using portrait in windows, install Popper to the latest version…then install one of the T-ARC or T-BAR Portrait themes.

kaline
              Participant
                @kaline

Gahhh…I’m so close on this. I followed the instructions from TerryRed (thanks, TerryRed!), and I’ve gone through them a couple of times, but the background video thing on the playfield is landscape. When the videos display for the few tables I have that have them, they are landscape, too. Like I said, I’ve gone through TerryRed’s step-by-step instructions (and will again in a moment) but I can’t figure this out.</p>

I’ve got the latest popper and stuff installed. Went with the arc theme, option 1, portrait, HD. Went through the instructions again, but haven’t uncovered anything new.

EDIT: I pretty much got things working after hours of tooling around. One thing I had to do was convert all of the playfield videos to portrait, and I used the tools from the message above. When it loads, the background video is usually still landscape, although a couple of times it was portrait. I have no idea how to fix that. But, I’m able to use PinUp Popper, launch games, see the videos, backglass, etc. Progress!

sean miller
                Participant
                  @t1mekeeper1
                  This reply has been marked as private.
                  Croppie1Kenobi
                  Participant
                    @croppie1kenobi

I’m 99% there with these suggestions! Thanks to every one. Last thing is game info? Still on right side of screen see picture. Any help please? 69092F33-6830-449B-B3D3-559CAAE4FB8F

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    BeachBumTN
                    Participant
                      @beachbumtn

Croppie1Kenobi, did you ever get the text sorted out?  I have the same issue but with a twist.  I had everything configured and working great using one of the portrait T-BAR themes.  I loaded all of my tables, configured media, etc. It  worked fine for two days then suddenly my text appeared on the right side of screen much like yours and nowhere near the portrait T-BAR. I checked EVERYTHING and compared to install pics – no joy. I reinstalled Popper and that did not work as well.  Finally I deleted my entire PinUp system folder and reinstalled both Player and Popper.  I got everything working again and a day later it happened again.  I have re-checked all settings and for the life of me cannot find what is wrong.   I even tried a different display driver.

Anyway, I am hoping  you, Nailbuster or Terry Red can provide some guidance. I absolutely LOVE PinUp Popper but if I cannot figure out why this keeps happening I will need to go back to PinballX which has worked flawlessly (albeit without the cool features and speed) from the beginning. I have included a screen shot below where you can see the text on the right side of screen.  Thanks to all!

Popper

BeachBumTN
                      Participant
                        @beachbumtn

I resolved my issue with the test on the side of the screen. When I edited the PuPMenuScriptSysLanguage.txt file to reflect my chosen record start/stop button (instead of the default XXX)  I had placed quotation marks around the chosen key – DOH!    I thought about this, removed the quotation marks and now all works great again.

Episode
                        Participant
                          @episode

Do we still need to manually rotate all playfield, loading and dock screen videos or is there a way to do this within pinup?

I am having an issue with my tables not loading now after this change,i went into the emulator settings and reset the directories, making a name change saving and changing back  then saving once more to make sure those were saved.  Any info on this possibly?

Thank you @terryred for making this!

TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

Do we still need to manually rotate all playfield, loading and dock screen videos or is there a way to do this within pinup?

I am having an issue with my tables not loading now after this change,i went into the emulator settings and reset the directories, making a name change saving and changing back then saving once more to make sure those were saved. Any info on this possibly?

Thank you @terryred for making this!

There are Portrait themes you can install now for Popper.

That said, the media that most ppl make is all mainly made for Landscape (that you can download and on the Popper server).

As for the media… you “can” rotate your playfield in pup display configuration… but I don’t recommend that. It can get messy.

You are honestly better off using a Landscape setup. Most VPX tables are setup to work with that…as is the front-end media. The work you create for yourself using portrait isn’t worth it for a cabinet setup.

I agree that portrait is the “correct” way to go… but sadly VPX didn’t make this easy to work with (FP and FX3 automatically work either way)… so we are stuck with the path of least resistance until then.

If you still insist on using Portrait…. my recommendation is using my batch converter scripts to convert everything you need to match up perfectly for portrait instead of forcing pup to try to rotate it all the time.

Episode
                            Participant
                              @episode

Yeah pretty unfortunate, I have already worked on rotating my tables over weeks withing VP per table for portrait and started using pinup as a front end recently after trying PinX and do prefer pinups stlye and system.   This is a bit of a downer and like you said, alot of work to keep portrait, thinking of staying is like keeping a hammer next to the cabinet for hourly use on my head.  =]

I dont have the room honestly to stand sideways at my cab and work on the screen in landscape mode so I guess i get the hammer.

Are whats listed earlier in this thread all the *Batching needed?  Otherwise I may just try doing it with VLC?  https://www.vlchelp.com/rotating-video-in-vlc-media-player/

Thank you for replying.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?