PinUP Popper, Visual Pinball UAC and Windows 7 color scheme question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Soxbrother
    Participant
      @soxbrother

Hello,

I’m totally new to PinUP Popper.

When I see some videos of PinUP Popper on youtube,

I never see any UAC window popup.

I use Visual Pinball and that runs as administrator.

Whenever I launch a table I get the UAC prompt.

Also, I always get this popup, saying that the color scheme has been set to Windows 7 Basic.

This is offcourse happens outside PinUP Popper as well.

How did guys solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Soxbrother
      Participant
        @soxbrother

Update : So I’ve managed to sort of fix the UAC issue, by running PinUpMenu.exe as administrator,

so the UAC prompt comes before PinUP popper starts, and it stays away after that.

The only annoying issue that remains is that everytime I launch a table, it switches to that Windows 7 Basic color scheme.

And I’m pretty sure that’s why my playfield video stops playing.

Today I had setup the Transparant loading video’s, and I was excited to see that,

but because of that damn color scheme issue, it doesn’t work like it’s supposed to.

My system :

Windows 7

Memory : 8gb DDR2
        CPU : AMD Quad Core 2,40ghz
        GPU : Nvidia Geforce 1060 GTX 6GB

I hope you guys can help me.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

You will probably be much better off not running any programs as administrator

Soxbrother
          Participant
            @soxbrother

You will probably be much better off not running any programs as administrator

The more annoying issue here, is that the color scheme is being changed while launching a game.

And that stops playing the playfield video.

I did find out that as with the option to run things as administrator in the properties of the pinupmenu.exe, you can also select to disable desktop composition and disable windows visual theme.

While that fixes the color scheme from changing to windows basic, it doesn’t play the playfield video at all, it ony shows a playfield image.

With these 2 options deselected, the playfield video plays upto the point that you launch the table.

I hope that there’s someone in here that uses Windows 7 and can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

LynnInDenver
            Participant
              @lynnindenver

Is it running in Compatibility Mode? I have mine turned off. If it’s turned on, it can (and does) turn Aero off (which is the “changing to Windows Basic” message), and it might also effect things like video playback. Check to make sure that’s turned off on PinupMenu, and anything else in the chain you’re working with, like Visual Pinball.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Soxbrother
              Participant
                @soxbrother

Is it running in Compatibility Mode? I have mine turned off. If it’s turned on, it can (and does) turn Aero off (which is the “changing to Windows Basic” message), and it might also effect things like video playback. Check to make sure that’s turned off on PinupMenu, and anything else in the chain you’re working with, like Visual Pinball.

I don’t think anything is running in compatibility mode, but I’ll check it to be sure.

Soxbrother
                Participant
                  @soxbrother

I’ve just checked and nothing is running in compatibility mode.

Maybe it’s just a matter of choosing a different theme or something ?

Soxbrother
                  Participant
                    @soxbrother

I’ve made 2 video’s:

1st video : https://flic.kr/p/2hEGhrQ

Here you can see the windows start menu symbol in the lower left corner of the screen,

once you click with your mouse anywhere on the screen, it vanishes.

Pinup Popper seems to have a focus problem.

Probably part of the problem.

2nd video : https://flic.kr/p/2hEGu9s

Here again you see the Windows Symbol in the lower left corner,

this time you see me starting a table.

Playfield video works, then it doesn’t and you also see the color scheme popup.

You can also see that the transparant loading video isn’t perfect at one point.

As soon as I press “play game” you see 2 black borders emerge above and below the loading bar.

You also notice there’s no sound in the video, that’s because it was being run as administrator.

After that I’ve disabled “run as administrator” in every process (PinPpMenu.exe and VPinballX.exe )

After that the sound was back, but that is all that was different, the focus, black bars and color scheme problem where still there.

I hope anyone can help me. :-(

Soxbrother
                    Participant
                      @soxbrother

I’ve fixed the color scheme issue.

Turns out there was a setting for that inside Visual Pinball.

As soon as I disabled it, no more color scheme changing.

Pretty stupid :wacko:

One more large issue to solve now,

Focus issue on startup of Pinup Popper and also when loading a table.

Pinup popper starts and has windows logo in lower left corner, this goes away by clicking your mouse.

But eventually the logo comes back a couple times more.

See the video in the post above.

How to fix this, remains a mystery.

Greetings,

Soxbrother

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?