PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

Please read –  You will need v1.3.6 or newer setup and fully working before you can apply the v1.4 upgrade.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_v13_changelog

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

if you’re having recording problems with NEW install DB (not 1.3 to v1.4 upgrades) or your vpx isn’t closing.. again for NEW v14 installs only… check the following:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=new_install_files_v1_4

Also the latest full “starting” v1.4.1 install files are here:    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

outhere
          @outhere

I did not realize you came out with A standalone installer set-up for 1.41  – Nice

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

I did not realize you came out with A standalone installer for 1.41 – <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>Nice</span>

technically,  I dropped the ‘installer’ idea and now just have zips that you manually unzip around and register a few batch files.  But it is a starting set of files so nobody needs to start with 1.3.xx any longer.

Im thinking it may make it easier this way… seems to be so far.

outhere
              @outhere

zips are good

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Confuses some people not sure if your willing to offer both options? Wash my car too please and wax it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

I see a new version of B2s Server is included.   Is the source avail?  (I haven’t even looked) as I changed it a little for me to only load a directb2s file if it matches the table name exactly (I like it this way).

Thanks for an incredible addon!!!!

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

@Slydog43  yes i believe the link to download the update b2s is to the github.  and one of the changes is to only do exact matching.

the b2s files in the install zip are only pupb2s drivers for puppacks…

Cadelle32
                    Participant
                      @cadelle21

I’m fine with zips, but when you spend a year getting your system working and its going good, then all of a sudden something happens that screws up your system and nothing seems to want to work right, installers make it so much easier to wipe your system and start over, I know some people like to control all aspects of the install but after doing it 3 times because you have a habit of messing up something every time it just makes it easier.  You guys work hard enough on this stuff, wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to answer a million questions every week on how to get Ultradmd working, or why isn’t this pup pack working, or is this a pimple or a boil

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

I’m fine with zips, but when you spend a year getting your system working and its going good, then all of a sudden something happens that screws up your system and nothing seems to want to work right, installers make it so much easier to wipe your system and start over, I know some people like to control all aspects of the install but after doing it 3 times because you have a habit of messing up something every time it just makes it easier.  You guys work hard enough on this stuff, wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to answer a million questions every week on how to get Ultradmd working, or why isn’t this pup pack working, or is this a pimple or a boil

Even when an installer was used with PinupSystem… people still found amazing ways to screw things ups, and as a result not using zips made MORE work in the end for us and them.

With zips you have access to all the files you need at any time (and windows Defender likes to eat some of the files), and you see where you are copying files,etc.

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

UpDate

In the table folder you will find this file B2STableSettings.xml
                          Make a backup of the file 1st
                          Add this to the bottom of the top section in the File –     <FormToFront>1</FormToFront>  and it will become part of the default

If you have special settings with some back glasses you can use Notepad++     https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
                          It’s easy to do multiline replace in Notepad++. You have to use \n to represent the newline in your string, and it works for both search and replace strings. You have to make sure to select “Extended” search mode in the bottom left corner of the search window.

Notepad++

Otherwise erase all the games that are in there and when you run the game it will automatically me in their….
                          This should work as far as I know

Ok, so last night I tried this and had no results.  However; reading a bit more closely, I now see I’m supposed to deleted every game from the list?  Is this correct?

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

i would say NO…  I don’t understand that part.  Be better to use text editor and search/replace that value if it exists.

roccodimarco
                            Participant
                              @roccodimarco

i would say NO…  I don’t understand that part.  Be better to use text editor and search/replace that value if it exists.

From what I was looking at (from memory not home atm) this value was not in any of the games, but I was having the same problem.  When I now launch a game via pinballx the backglass stays black until I alt tab to it.  I’m just looking for an easy fix so I no longer have to alt tab.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

What outhere is suggesting is that you set the default in top, if you don’t have special things done to your other backglasses, it is perfectly ok to delete. If you however have other tweaks done for some of them, well, then your preferences are of course gone. One such preference might be if you eg. prefer a fantasy mode over the authentic one. I understand why he said it though. If you know why you don’t want to delete them all, then you probably have done some customization. If you don’t, well, it is the easiest way to fix it. He did say – take a backup ;)

roccodimarco
                                Participant
                                  @roccodimarco

What outhere is suggesting is that you set the default in top, if you don’t have special things done to your other backglasses, it is perfectly ok to delete. If you however have other tweaks done for some of them, well, then your preferences are of course gone. One such preference might be if you eg. prefer a fantasy mode over the authentic one. I understand why he said it though. If you know why you don’t want to delete them all, then you probably have done some customization. If you don’t, well, it is the easiest way to fix it. He did say – take a backup ;)

Yea, I don’t think I have anything special (from what I remember) so I will give it a shot tonight.  Last question, where exactly do I put this command?  Just at the very  top?

outhere
                                    @outhere

I have been trying to use different text editors for replacing but only allows you to replace one line

Sense that line don’t exist there’s no way to use replacement is there?

See Below

@roccodimarco
                                    — Add it the bottom of the 1st section

outhere
                                      @outhere

UpDate

Add this to the bottom of the top section in the File –     <FormToFront>1</FormToFront>  and it will become part of the default

If you have special settings with some back glasses you can use Notepad++     https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
                                      It’s easy to do multiline replace in Notepad++. You have to use \n to represent the newline in your string, and it works for both search and replace strings. You have to make sure to select “Extended” search mode in the bottom left corner of the search window.

Notepad++

Otherwise erase all the games that are in there and when you run the game it will automatically me in their….

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

UpDate

Notepad++

sorry I just want to make sure I’m clear on this.  I use notepad+, so if I go ahead and mimic this picture above it should in theory fix my problem?   Thanks for the help so far!

outhere
                                          @outhere

Do you know which version of backglass serve you are using?

Is it like this with –> Bring BG Form to Top

backGlass Bring BG Form to Top

roccodimarco
                                          Participant
                                            @roccodimarco

I do not off my the top of my hand, but I believe I’m 100% up to date.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 144 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?