PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Erzak
    Participant
      @erzak

Still having issues.  I checked that nothing is being run as Admin, but what’s weird is that the icon for VPX has the little admin symbol on it, even though when I go into its properties and make sure that it’s not set to run as Admin.  It is set (by default) to run in WinXP SP3 compatability mode, but I’m assuming it’s always been that way as I didn’t change it, even re-extracted the .exe from a zip archive and it was set that way as well.  The PinUPDisplay.exe is not set for Admin either.

I did get Batman ’66 to run, sometimes.  But occasionally, the backglass display just stops.  Had this happen in Stranger Things as well.

The other odd (and new) problem that’s plaguing me is the sudden appearance of virtual DMDs on the playfield whenever I have “external DMD on” (hit F1 in a table).  For each table that I play, it adds virtual DMD position settings in my dmddevice.ini file.  This never happened before.  Weird.  Image attached showing this.

2019-12-26 17.19.34

PinUPDisplay.exe does seem to quitting when I stop a table, most of the time, but not always.

Any other thoughts on what to try?  Delete it all and try again?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

I don’t believe any program by default is set to run in compatibility mode
        There was somebody that posted something once they upgraded to windows 10 they had programs automatically changed to compatibility mode
        I don’t know if that’s the case with you

You should not run anything in compatibility mode

Info on virtual DMDs on the playfield  <– New Feature
        https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

Erzak
        Participant
          @erzak

Info on virtual DMDs on the playfield <– New Feature

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

Yay! That fixed the virtual DMD problem.  Sadly, PUP play is still only working sporadically.

Erzak
          Participant
            @erzak

Is

LynnInDenver
            Participant
              @lynnindenver

Still having issues. I checked that nothing is being run as Admin, but what’s weird is that the icon for VPX has the little admin symbol on it, even though when I go into its properties and make sure that it’s not set to run as Admin. It is set (by default) to run in WinXP SP3 compatability mode, but I’m assuming it’s always been that way as I didn’t change it, even re-extracted the .exe from a zip archive and it was set that way as well. The PinUPDisplay.exe is not set for Admin either.

Icons show the shield when they’re run in Compatibility Mode as well as Admin – User Access Control needs to be involved with aspects of Compatibility Mode because there are fewer run protections. I think it’s a System setting, and doesn’t “carry” with the particular copy, so naturally it doesn’t change when you re-extract.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Erzak
              Participant
                @erzak

Still having issues. I checked that nothing is being run as Admin, but what’s weird is that the icon for VPX has the little admin symbol on it, even though when I go into its properties and make sure that it’s not set to run as Admin. It is set (by default) to run in WinXP SP3 compatability mode, but I’m assuming it’s always been that way as I didn’t change it, even re-extracted the .exe from a zip archive and it was set that way as well. The PinUPDisplay.exe is not set for Admin either.

Icons show the shield when they’re run in Compatibility Mode as well as Admin – User Access Control needs to be involved with aspects of Compatibility Mode because there are fewer run protections. I think it’s a System setting, and doesn’t “carry” with the particular copy, so naturally it doesn’t change when you re-extract.

Pretty sure I turned UAC off or way down when my cabinet was updated to Windows 10.  I’ll double-check.  But if it’s off, I wouldn’t think that would cause any issues?

outhere
                  @outhere

I have the UAC set second one from the top and no programs running as admin
                  The problem you’re having with the compatibility thing I’ve never seen that before, like forced on Maybe something in a registry

Erzak
                  Participant
                    @erzak

I have the UAC set second one from the top and no programs running as admin

The problem you’re having with the compatibility thing I’ve never seen that before, like forest on Maybe something in a registry

Yay!  I tried this, and now things seem to be working.  Very odd that setting UAC to more strict settings would fix things, but it did.

Now the only thing I haven’t figured out is how to keep a PUP and non-PUP version of the same table playable, let’s say Batman ’66.  I tried copying the table to “PUP-Pack Batman 66.vpx” and when I launch that, I get the PUP version.  But if I launch “Batman 66.vpx”, I see the original non-PUP backglass, but it’s behind the framework(?) of the PUP-backglass.  Same thing happens for others.  Tried selecting the “exact match only” in the backglass server and that didn’t change the behavior.  Any thoughts on this?

outhere
                      @outhere

From what I’ve been told that turning off UAC actually alters how windows works

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

elvinu
                      Participant
                        @elvinu

Sqlite3.dll and sqlite.dll error message.  I believe I followed the install instructions correctly.  However, when I run

PinUpMenuSetup.exe

I get the error “None of the dynamic libraries can be found or is not loadable: sqlite3.dll, sqlite.dll !”

I saw one other person in the facebook group with this error, but there’s no reply.

TIA

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

watch the install videos again.  make sure you do both steps and all files are in the SAME PinUPSystem folder.

elvinu
                          Participant
                            @elvinu

watch the install videos again. make sure you do both steps and all files are in the SAME PinUPSystem folder.

I asked about this on the facebook page.  One other user had the same issue.  His solution was to install v1.3.6 first and then 1.4.  I’ll go over the videos again.  If that doesn’t work, can you make the older install available: v1.3.6?  I searched for it and can’t find it.

Ignore the above, I’m an idiot.  When I first went thru the steps, I was intimidated by the Popper system.  Didn’t want to give up harddrive space for a frontend so I didn’t install popper.  I then forgot and saw the PinUpMenuSetup exe in my folder so I tried to run it.

Sorry for wasting your time.

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

@nailbuster @terryred @bruce Hey guys, need a little help running PinUP Player v1.4.4 whith Nvidia 4x DSR. Finally installed PinUP Player on my cab (GTX980, 1080p playfield, 768p backglass, real PINDMD2). I’m running Windows 7 and my 2 screens are set to their native resolutions. Normally I run VPX using Nvidia 4x DSR due to advantages in appearance and performance. For this exercise I did not use a frontend. If I run VPX in the standard 1080p exclusive fullscreen everything seems fine and the PUP videos  appear properly on the backglass. When I switch VPX to to 4K DSR I can “hear” the PUP pack running in the background, but all I see on the backlass is a zoomed portion of my wallpaper. If I Alt-Tab the PUP videos come up on the backglass but then I lose my playfield. Any idea how to correct this?

outhere
                                @outhere

Try this and see what happens
                                Pinup DPI Scaling

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

What is happening is your desktop is only 1920×1080 (and you probably setup pup for this resolution)

x4 DSR = 3840×2160

So VPX is changing to 3840×2160 which throws off everything for pup positioning.

So you need to have your desktop and everything else for your playfield set to 3840×2160 (x4 DSR needs to be enabled)….then you need to setup your 2 monitors with this in mind….then you setup your pup screens last with this setup.

robertms
                                  Participant
                                    @mophead

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

@bruce
                                    I’m on Win7 so the compatibility settings are slightly different. I tried the DPI override option but it didn’t make any difference.

@terryred
                                    I figured by running 4x DSR the PUP positioning was getting thrown off. Tried running the desktop at 3840×2160 but it is pretty unbearable at 100% font scaling; guess I’m going to have to run PUP tables manually at 1080p/4xSSAA. The GTX980 can handle it, but it’s not equal to DSR quality. Bummer there is no other solution..

outhere
                                      @outhere

Set it up like Terry suggested, Then run a higher Scaling 125% – 150% then also do what I suggested

TerryRed
                                        @terryred
                                        MemberContributorModerator

Set it up like Terry suggested, Then run a higher Scaling 125% – 150% then also do what I suggested

For PuP based tables to work correctly… the BG must be 100% scaling, and most likely the PF needs to be 100% as well for “everything” to work correctly.

Yes, it’s annoying…but even with a 4K resolution TV, it’s a bit hard to see…. but that is the reality of what needs to be done.

I used to use x4 DSR on my older HD screen too… and it kind of sucked with 100% scaling…but it was doable. Today with Popper Network features…it would rarely be a major issue to add / update files.

elvinu
                                        Participant
                                          @elvinu

Hey guys,

The following question is odd since it should be addressed to the puppack author; however, he/she didn’t include a “Support topic” tab so I can’t ask them about my issue when running their puppack via Pinup Popper.

The problem is that when I run their game twice in a row (using Pinup Popper), the pup pack videos do not reappear.  Rather, I see black boxes where the BackGlass and Topper should appear.

I then decided to run their table twice from the VPX editor to see if the same thing happens.  It doesn’t.  I’m able to press escape to return to the editor and then immediately click on Play and the BackGlass and Topper videos do return.

I then checked my taskmanager to see the difference between Pinup Popper and VPX’s editor right after exiting a puppack game.  I noticed that the following remains open when you exit a puppack game with Popper:

PinUpDisplay (32 bit) (5)

This doesn’t remain when exiting back to the VPX editor.  I’m not a coder so I’m grasping for straws and am guessing that this might be the reason why this particular puppack has issues on the second time.

Here again, I do believe this issue is the problem of the puppack creator of that particular game but I’m guessing he/she aren’t open to making any changes. Thus . . .

Is there a way that I can add some text to the VPX Close Script which will close PinUpDisplay (32 bit) (5) after exiting a puppack game?

Here’s the text I currently have in my VPX Close Script:
                                          “[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Visual Pinball” 10 1

Or is there a particular reason why Popper keeps the PinUpDisplay present?

If this is the case, do you know if there’s a line(s) that need to be added to this table’s script to avoid such a problem?

BTW, the puppack in question is the recent Dungeons & Dragons puppack.

TIA

elvinu
                                          Participant
                                            @elvinu

The following question is odd

I just realized how lame of a question I asked and I should have phrased it this way instead:

When popper is running (haven’t picked a game yet), the task manager shows:

PinUpDisplay (32 bit) (4)

When a puppack game is exited, that (4) changes to a (5).

I’m guessing that extra one is maybe the reason why I’m having issues running D&D twice in a row.

Is there a way of using the Close Script to ditch that extra 1 so that the PinUpDisplay (32bit) returns to (4)?

TIA

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?