PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

The same error message I mentioned earlier – about activex being unable to create the ultradmd object.  How can the dmd be started from the ultradmd folder?

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

ultradmd.exe /c to configure

ultradmd.exe /i to install/register.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

If you have the virtual DMD Hidden
          You will need to go in to the registry and unhide it or use this
          https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/masters-of-the-universefp-conversion/page/8/#post-107561
          I start it by double click the exe and it opens up the virtual DMD, Then right click the window that opens

Does it give you that same error for every ultradmd DMD game?

Gwen
          Participant
            @gwen

ok, I tried those and they don’t seem to do anything.  No errors but no confirmation or windows opening.

If I revert to the version of dll’s installed by the ultradmd install it registers and the config window opens.  But not with the version you linked me to.

Gwen

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

Any suggestions how to get Stranger Things Stranger Edition working considering the previous testing?

Gwen

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

@gwen where you at with this? any luck?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

outhere
                  @outhere

Are you still getting this error?

activex being unable to create the ultradmd object

Did you try re-downloading the puppack?

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

The problem isn’t the PuP-Pack….

Either the UltraDMD install is messed up…or she doesn’t have the Table’s UltraDMD files (StrangerThings.UltraDMD) copied to the Visual Pinball \ Tables folder. This problem needs to be sorted or none of her UltraDMD based tables will work.

That being said…you can simply disable UltraDMD for this table in the table script, as it’s not needed. It was only added as an extra…but the table is designed to have all text displayed on the backglass using PuP. Find this in the script and change to 0:

turnonultradmd = 1 ‘ change to 1 to turn on ultradmd, 2 to turn on ultradmd expiramental (only works if pc region set to USA)

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

@gwen where you at with this? any luck?

Some luck, yes.  I managed to get the Aliens FX3 pup pack to work with pin2dmd.  But I am unable to get the version of xdmd that Outhere pointed me to to function at all.  I have the following pup packs working fully:  Attack from mars attacks, avatar, tron legacy le, Aliens FX3, Robocop, Medieval Madness (though not using it), and perhaps a few others.  I am unable to use Stranger Things Stranger Edition, Masters of the Universe, Spiderman VE, Walking Dead, Pirates of the caribbean, and a number of others since with every one of them pinup player locks up at the end of the first video loop of the backglass and is unresponsive.  I then have to kill it to use pinup player again.

If you read above you will see the steps I have gone through to try and solve this issue.  So far no luck.

Gwen

Gwen
                      Participant
                        @gwen

I agree that the problem is not the pinup packs.  I am confident it has something to do with the versions of xdmd.dll and xdmdnative.dll I am using.  I do have the ultradmd content in the tables folder and ultradmd works visibly fine on these tables, just not pinup player.

Gwen

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

Turning off ultradmd in the STSE table script does turn off the dmd but it does not fix the problem with pinup player.  It still locks up at the end of the first loop.

All the packs I am having trouble with do the same thing when I run the testpinuppack app.   The ones that work ok for me in the test app also work ok when playing the table.

So maybe the problem isn’t related to those particular dlls… I’m still thinking about this…

Gwen

outhere
                            @outhere

If you double click the ultradmd.exe does the DMD window appear?

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

Again, as I said above- no, it does not work with the version of xdmd dll’s you linked me to.  It does work with the dll’s installed by the ultradmd install you linked me to.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound grouchy.  This problem has just been driving me kind of crazy.

Gwen

outhere
                                @outhere

Have you checked to make sure none of the files are blocked by right clicking the file, checking properties?

Gwen
                                Participant
                                  @gwen

Have you checked to make sure none of the files are blocked by right clicking the file, checking properties?

about ten times, yes, with each time I uninstalled and reinstalled ultradmd.

Gwen

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Again, as I said above- no, it does not work with the version of xdmd dll’s you linked me to. It does work with the dll’s installed by the ultradmd install you linked me to.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound grouchy. This problem has just been driving me kind of crazy.

OK…so you have two different problems at the same time….stick to one for now.

UltraDMD is a problem for those tables that seem to use it with your DMD…so lets ignore that for now. You have it disabled for STSE…so lets focus more on PuP.

To explain….STSE is a table that uses PuP directly…no vpinmame involved…and no B2S server either. It uses PuP from table scrip commands. So if UltraDMD is not being used and it’s crashing…then lets focus on that.

Do you have a Topper? If not then you MUST disable that in the table script options:

toppervideo = 0 ‘set to 1 to turn on the topper. This is only for use who have a dedicated Topper screen.

Next… NONE of your files in PinupSystem should be Run as Admin except for pinupmenu.exe

Check to be sure you don’t have any blocked files in there.

Make sure your VLC media player is 2.2.8 32 bit only installed…no other versions.

If you have other programs running like Logitech Gaming Software, or overclocking software, or graphics related progams running…close them as they can interfere with Overlays, and PuP Text.

Make sure you screens for PuP are all correctly setup and positioned. If you are overspilling by a few pixels that WILL mess up things.

None of your screens can be in a negative value position. So not the the left or above your main screen (which needs to be the playfield)

You can’t have Text / DPI scaling above 100 in Windows.

Check your PuPVideos \ STSE folder and if there are any *.pup files…delete them. (They would have been made it you tried to open that folder in the PuP-Pack Editor). This table doesn’t use a “Pup-Pack”

As for a Rom based table using a PuP-Pack

-just because a pack loads, and triggers some videos (just B2S triggers most likely) doesn’t mean you are setup correctly. You must have PUPCapture files installed and setup correctly. Check to be sure you have dmddevicepup.dll in your VPinMAME folder

-you MUST have freezy 1.71 32 bit x86 files installed in VPinMAME folder (not the dmdext sub folder). You must have pup enabled in the dmddevice.ini file

-you MUST have External.DLL enabled in the PinMAME settings for the table to enable dmddevice.dll which will also enable outputting the DMD frames to PUP for triggering videos

Again…if you are getting crashing when use the PuP-Pack Tester (not for STSE..its not a PuP-Pack remember)…you have a problem in your install / setup of PuP / VLC files…(blocked files…anti-virus,etc), or another program running is causing a problem.

Follow my install guide in the wiki to a T and see how your fare.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

outhere
                                      @outhere

More Info

The ultradmd I had you install also registered at the same time no deed to register afterwards….

If you I’m plug your USB for your pin2DMD then all the videos will probably run

What version is your pin2dmd on?

But For your Pin2dmd to run with ultradmd

To the best of my knowledge you need Lucky1’s XDMD.dll, XDMDnative.dll files so ultradmd will communicate with your pin2dmd…..
                                      If you’re using a Dll that comes with ultradmd or frenzy dll in the ultradmd folder certain pup-packs will lock up at the end of the first video loop…..
                                      With Lucky1’s dll in the ultradmd folder the pup-packs will work correctly…..

This is what fixed it for me
                                      A few months back I went through the exact same thing you’re going through now with the same pup-packs…..

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Stick to tables that DON’T use UltraDMD to confirm your PuP-Packs are working correctly for rom based tables…like the new Attack from Mars, Avatar, Tron. Keep in mind for Stern tables like Tron, Avatar, TDK…its possible they may crash because of at91jit being set to 1 in the registry for those tables. Some Stern tables need that set to 0 for some people…especially when using a pup-pack.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Gwen
                                        Participant
                                          @gwen

Ok, I just got STSE to work properly.

I went through the task manager and killed everything that was not part of the OS or needed to run the test and the pinup system worked properly.

Now I just need to go through the processes I have loaded and find the one that is the problem.

Anyway, problem solved, and my bad.

Thank you all for your kind assistance in this!

Gwen :good:

Gwen

outhere
                                            @outhere

Sometimes things can be pretty frustrating ——– Been there

Good to hear

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 172 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?